Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

DoT for Balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
34
Hey guys!

So earlier today, there was this thought that came through my mind. I've seen every single school's spell, and each of them have at least one DoT spell, whether it be tc only, from school, from armor etc. but balance has none whatsoever. I'm like a weak sorta balance wizard so it's hard for me to kind progress through stuff lol, and it would probably help if we got a DoT, not only for easier fights, but I always loved and dreamed of doing overtime damage for once. I know, we don't need one if we use balance properly, but just a little thought. No need for it to be created. Tell me your opinion whether we should get one or not.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 95sorcerer

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
JudgeBoy on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys!

So earlier today, there was this thought that came through my mind. I've seen every single school's spell, and each of them have at least one DoT spell, whether it be tc only, from school, from armor etc. but balance has none whatsoever. I'm like a weak sorta balance wizard so it's hard for me to kind progress through stuff lol, and it would probably help if we got a DoT, not only for easier fights, but I always loved and dreamed of doing overtime damage for once. I know, we don't need one if we use balance properly, but just a little thought. No need for it to be created. Tell me your opinion whether we should get one or not.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 95sorcerer
Given that balance has no shield, my best recommendation is to train fire elf. It only takes 2 training points and it gives you a relatively low cost DoT that can shave off any shields that would interfere with balance and open up your enemy for a balance attack. I'm afraid that balance will never actually a DoT of its own, specifically because there is no balance specific shield.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
17
to my opinion balance is weak all it does is blade others i think of balance gets an overtime spell it will make no differance since most of balances attacks only use blance blades not others except chimera and hydra which use the other class dmg so to me if you would choose a class i would say either ice death storm fire or ice and death rules! idk bout myth since i dont like having summons and balance i think is a waste of a choice

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
ideas204 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
to my opinion balance is weak all it does is blade others i think of balance gets an overtime spell it will make no differance since most of balances attacks only use blance blades not others except chimera and hydra which use the other class dmg so to me if you would choose a class i would say either ice death storm fire or ice and death rules! idk bout myth since i dont like having summons and balance i think is a waste of a choice
You clearly have never played any of those schools. Myth is a lot more than just minions and is one of the strongest solo schools. Balance is a lot more than blades. Nothing shields against Balance, making it very formidable. Back on topic. Balance has no real need for a DoT because nothing shields it.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
34
Hi guys!

Thanks for responding. I know Balance didn't need one from the start, but always wanted to cast a DoT for balance, and not from another school. Really appreciate your time fro responding, and I wish you guys the best of luck in the spiral. You can also probably try what Balance should need for an upgrade. I had a few in my mind, but for now, adios.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 95

Delver
Jan 05, 2014
214
gtarhannon on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Given that balance has no shield, my best recommendation is to train fire elf. It only takes 2 training points and it gives you a relatively low cost DoT that can shave off any shields that would interfere with balance and open up your enemy for a balance attack. I'm afraid that balance will never actually a DoT of its own, specifically because there is no balance specific shield.
I was silly enough to train the mutate swarm spell, that changes locust swarm into a DOT. Don't do that. The trouble is polar swarm counts as ice, not balance, and will count power pips as single pips, unless you wear an ice mastery amulet. You also can't tack on a gargantua or other sun damage enhancer because the mutate uses up the one sun modifier slot allowed. Fire elf is much better. You can throw it for two pips and tack on a gargantua so it does more damage than polar swarm. Fire elf treasure cards are also very cheap at the bazaar, 100 gold last time I checked.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
DanTheTerrible on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I was silly enough to train the mutate swarm spell, that changes locust swarm into a DOT. Don't do that. The trouble is polar swarm counts as ice, not balance, and will count power pips as single pips, unless you wear an ice mastery amulet. You also can't tack on a gargantua or other sun damage enhancer because the mutate uses up the one sun modifier slot allowed. Fire elf is much better. You can throw it for two pips and tack on a gargantua so it does more damage than polar swarm. Fire elf treasure cards are also very cheap at the bazaar, 100 gold last time I checked.
I was fortunate enough to buy the treasure card first and figure out what it did before spending a training point. I did buy it for my ice though... one of my favorite spells for him. :D This is a bit off topic for this thread but since you mentioned it, I thought I would comment:

If you look at the mutate spells, you'll see that for the school they are mutated to, the spell is already made much stronger than the standard damage per pip for the spell. Polar swarm for instance is almost 152 damage per pip when the baseline for ice DoT (using frostbite as the baseline) is only 110. In other words, it not only makes a 3 pip DoT for ice from locust swarm, but it also adds 125 base damage (making it in line with giant) and it has 5% higher accuracy than a typical ice spell. Its a pretty good trade-off, all things considered.

You're right though, for balance fire elf is a better proposition. The only thing to keep in mind about it is the low accuracy but balance does have precision if that's an issue. You could, of course, also add a sun accuracy spell as well. From my standpoint, accuracy is more important for this type of spell because I just want to be able to remove the shields that get in the way have balance damage. I tend to follow it up with a heavier balance hit.

Explorer
May 13, 2013
59
JudgeBoy on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys!

So earlier today, there was this thought that came through my mind. I've seen every single school's spell, and each of them have at least one DoT spell, whether it be tc only, from school, from armor etc. but balance has none whatsoever. I'm like a weak sorta balance wizard so it's hard for me to kind progress through stuff lol, and it would probably help if we got a DoT, not only for easier fights, but I always loved and dreamed of doing overtime damage for once. I know, we don't need one if we use balance properly, but just a little thought. No need for it to be created. Tell me your opinion whether we should get one or not.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 95sorcerer
I would like that the new spell WOULD be a dot spell, but I don't think it's necessary. I'm a balance and I don't think I need it much. However, I'm still a noob so it might not count in my case.

Lvl28