Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom ang Gloom

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Does this aura also cut in half the healing you get from necromancy creatures like the ghoul? If so it would really limit its usefullness and make it very situational. If it doesnt then its awesome.

So does it?

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I think that doom and gloom simply lowers all healing spells power by 50%, I don't think that it lowers the power of spells like vampire and goul, but I am not 100% sure. (I am 200% sure!)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Nope only effect heal cards with a heart on it. All the heal done be death is steal life so doom and gloom will not effect you.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Hey, while we're talking about this spell, I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if it boosted death spells as well? Since death is only my second, I don't have any boosts for it like Death Blade or Death Trap. I think it would be nice if I could boost it a little. As an ice wizard whose spells hardly hit anything, I mainly rely on my secondary school, death. It would be wonderful to have something I can use to make them hit more. I realize that there is Feint, but that spell can sometimes be unreliable, since others in a duel use it up as well.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
I think it would be nice if I could boost it a little. As an ice wizard whose spells hardly hit anything, I mainly rely on my secondary school, death.

I believe there's your problem. Unless you're a balance wizard, your primary school will do better damage than your secondary if properly used. I'll concede that ice is light on damage until you get iceblade at level 38, but it gets better then.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I hate to say it but I think Doom and Gloom should also give a 25% increase to all death attacks and instead reduce all healing spells by maybe 20% or 25% instead of 50%.

What do you Death Wizards think of that change?

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
Hey, while we're talking about this spell, I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if it boosted death spells as well? Since death is only my second, I don't have any boosts for it like Death Blade or Death Trap. I think it would be nice if I could boost it a little. As an ice wizard whose spells hardly hit anything, I mainly rely on my secondary school, death. It would be wonderful to have something I can use to make them hit more. I realize that there is Feint, but that spell can sometimes be unreliable, since others in a duel use it up as well.

Windlilly,
As I am Balance/Death, I can understand your want for more death buffs/debuffs. As far as I know, you can't get the Death Blade, but you can get the Death Trap.

Head over to Marleybone and go to the amulet shop. You can purchase an amulet there that gives you 2 Death Traps. Those are VERY useful.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
WarlockWiz wrote:
I hate to say it but I think Doom and Gloom should also give a 25% increase to all death attacks and instead reduce all healing spells by maybe 20% or 25% instead of 50%.

What do you Death Wizards think of that change?

Death is already plenty strong enough without having to further boost its damage. The class is supposed to not be that heavy on damage (though it's not really that light on damage, either) in exchange for getting lifestealing. Don't forget that death already gets feint and curse for damage boosts--and the latter is unavailable to other classes, even for training points.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
0SMR0 wrote:
Windlilly wrote:

Windlilly,
As I am Balance/Death, I can understand your want for more death buffs/debuffs. As far as I know, you can't get the Death Blade, but you can get the Death Trap.

Head over to Marleybone and go to the amulet shop. You can purchase an amulet there that gives you 2 Death Traps. Those are VERY useful.

Yes, you're right. I had forgotten about those. The only thing is, I already have quite a nice amulet that I got from some duel in Krokotopia. Though it only gives me two Ice Traps, the spell that I have known for a really long time, it boosts ice spells by 35%. My ice trap only boosts 30%. And plus, if I put one of the 35% AND 30% traps on an enemy, it counts as two different things and takes up both of them for maximum damage. Combine that with the feint spell, a Balefrost, and an Ice Wyvern, it will be deadly, even with just a level 22 spell. The amulet also helps because then I don't need so many of my own Ice Traps in my deck, giving me more room for more important spells.

So I guess I will have to decide whether I want to boost my ice spells more or my death spells...

Explorer
Feb 25, 2009
LordMarshal wrote:
Does this aura also cut in half the healing you get from necromancy creatures like the ghoul? If so it would really limit its usefullness and make it very situational. If it doesnt then its awesome.

So does it?
The death is drain so its not a heart its a heart broke in half. hope this helps you! :D

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Windlilly wrote:

There is a pendant in Marleybone that gives you Death Trap.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Personally, i despise Doom and Gloom. Also its effect in pvp is good for when your opponents heal, what are you gonna do in a real battle? I haven't seen any monsters doing any heal spells except sprite in mooshu and dragonspyre. I was thinking they could change it, doing like 50 damage and converting half to health every turn from every monster.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Gavin Boomstaff Master Level 47 Death/Life