Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does your Life attack, or heal?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
98
I was curious as to what other Life wizards do when they're doing quests with other people. Do you mostly focus on healing, attack and only heal when it's necessary, or not heal at all? I myself do more attacks than heals as I'm not really a support type player. What about you guys?

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2634
Rebecca Bright on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I was curious as to what other Life wizards do when they're doing quests with other people. Do you mostly focus on healing, attack and only heal when it's necessary, or not heal at all? I myself do more attacks than heals as I'm not really a support type player. What about you guys?

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77
Early on I actually learned how to heal and deal quite well. I may throw a damage spell one round and a Sprite the next, I never over health, it's all about timing really, as long as the fight counts for all, it's all good. I prefer the sun spot in battles. No one has been defeated in my battles, unless they ask to be, yet.

Altho I probably learned more about the healer role in WaterWorks, after a few goes I found I could rebirth and forest lord quite effectively. I found I could erase the healer label in battles with my brute force fighting style. Most don't expect the damage I can deal and are usually quite surprised how well I have honed this school.
Mary StarGem lvl 90
Savior of the Spiral & Master of Nature

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
I do both.

If someone is down to half their health, I heal them. If no one needs healing, I attack.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
602
Well since life attacks aren't too strong, I spend a lot of time trapping blading shielding blah blah blah. I usually just heal with friends especially . I attack too but hmm ...... I'd say 50 50 for both . I half attack and half heal

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
602
I'd say if the player or friend I'm Playing with someone who knows what their doingI'll just usually heal and shield while blading and trapping in case I get a good attack In. But in other cases I attack more if the boss has a boost to . I am a bit more support player with groups especially but if everyone is ok and has shields on I just focus on attack

Vanessa EarthBlossom lvl 57 (forest lord coming soon I hope the boss doesn't give me trouble )

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
6
My life wizard usually attacks unless a heal is absolutely necessary because that style fits the person I usually game with. When playing with teams or other people, I usually heal with a few attacks thrown in if I have the opportunity. I like both roles.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
2
Most of the time I try to balance it out whenever I play my life. It all depends on the situation. If my friend needs a heal, I'll heal her instead of attacking. If the something needs to be hit so my friend can kill it, I'll attack. It all really just depends on what is needed but overall I'll say I am balanced.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
18
What I do depends on the group. I have two separate builds (clothing, rings-athames, decks) that I switch between according to the role I intend to play. One is major attack/minor heal (solo, some weak hitting groups) and the other is major heal-support/minor attack (most groups).

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Rebecca Bright on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I was curious as to what other Life wizards do when they're doing quests with other people. Do you mostly focus on healing, attack and only heal when it's necessary, or not heal at all? I myself do more attacks than heals as I'm not really a support type player. What about you guys?

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77
I play the game mostly solo, so "attack" is how I play all wizards. I will heal but as you, I do not consider myself a support player at all. In fact, I can usually out attack those who insist on jumping into my duel and ask to be healed, much to their surprise.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2181
Stormgem307 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Well since life attacks aren't too strong, I spend a lot of time trapping blading shielding blah blah blah. I usually just heal with friends especially . I attack too but hmm ...... I'd say 50 50 for both . I half attack and half heal
It takes time to blade and trap for any school. But that does not make life weak.

I have a lvl 90 life that heals and attacks. She can and does deal some heavy damage and some critical heals..... As long as all of my team mates are at least 3/4 health, I will deal damage. If one gets down to half or lower and my damage hit is not going to be enough to take out the enemy, my friend gets healed first.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
I attack mostly. Unless someone is GOING to die, i don't heal at all. I find that life attack spells Centaur and up actually deal a fair amount of damage and that on a lot of creatures, blading and trapping is only a precaution and time filler until you have enough pips. I think with the release of Forest Lord and Gnomes it changed the role of Life wizards in a battle. Bow we can deal just as much as we take and then some.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3173
My life wizard is a heavy hitter; Tavia has a 65% damage boost and usually soloes~ I don't carry heals for mob fights, and my friends don't expect me to, unless that is my role as agreed upon by the entire group when we start the instance. I didn't waste the point on Mend, and I probably won't waste one on the Azteca aura, either.

I've done the same with my Storm wizard. Just as Tavia can deal high damage, Sestiva can heal herself and is self-sufficient. We all have attack and healing abilities~ regardless of your school, a good wizard should be able to do both.

-v.

90 and
81
62
40 and
23

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
17
Good question.
I used to attack and get a henchman to heal me, but now I do attack and heal.
The only problem I find is that you have a healing spell in your deck, and enough pips to do a spell which is also in your deck, so you can heal or attack. If you attack, than you have a chance of dying. If you heal, you lose all your pips. Then, by the time you get enough pips to attack again, your health is low.
I am a fan of group fights.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
21
Northlite on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Early on I actually learned how to heal and deal quite well. I may throw a damage spell one round and a Sprite the next, I never over health, it's all about timing really, as long as the fight counts for all, it's all good. I prefer the sun spot in battles. No one has been defeated in my battles, unless they ask to be, yet.

Altho I probably learned more about the healer role in WaterWorks, after a few goes I found I could rebirth and forest lord quite effectively. I found I could erase the healer label in battles with my brute force fighting style. Most don't expect the damage I can deal and are usually quite surprised how well I have honed this school.
Mary StarGem lvl 90
Savior of the Spiral & Master of Nature
I have had my do over 12,000 damage, using the +225 gargantiuan, 40% blade, 35% blade, 25% trap, 70% feint plus critical can do some major damage. I think life wizards are underestimated for the damage they can do sometimes.

But the answer to the OP poster, I like to do both. In WW I am the healer but throw in an attack every once in awhile.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
9
As a life it's like this you need to have a balance of heals and attacks in deck for one. Second as someone said earlier you watch and time when you need to heal or attack. I have found that at times I need to heal group or can attack and do some major damage with right blades and traps.

So its all about balance it all out!!

Jasmine Dragonrider level 82

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2181
captkirk6850 on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I have had my do over 12,000 damage, using the +225 gargantiuan, 40% blade, 35% blade, 25% trap, 70% feint plus critical can do some major damage. I think life wizards are underestimated for the damage they can do sometimes.

But the answer to the OP poster, I like to do both. In WW I am the healer but throw in an attack every once in awhile.
I can promise you that a Life wizard with the right set up on traps, blades and Vengence can deal way more damage than 12,000. Throwing a few TC blades and traps will also increase your damage. But pay attention to your gear as well.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
72
Belgrim Emeraldbane Level 90 His typical deck set up is as follows: 2 Life blades, 2 Spirit blades, 2 sharpen blade, 1 Forest Lord, 1 Rebirth, 1 Primordial, and 1 reshuffle. With this configuration, I can heal or hit, depending on the situation. I may even load additional cards in my treasure deck as needed.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
259
Both.

What I do is start the first battle, then ask what do you want, hits or heals, in say Mirror Lake.

Anymore people usually expect hitting, especially when all the minions are dead. --- Get it over! ----

Just stick with even numbered hits since Life has high power pips; which ones depends upon what you are fighting.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
98
Thanks for the comments guys! It's nice to see how other people choose to play their Life wizards

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
8
I do a bit of both. I usually follow the pattern of trapping, attack and then heal. I like playing both roles of attacker and healer so it works well

-Samantha SpiritSinger, Master Theurgist

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
7
Well i have a level 30 with as my secondary so i usually heal more than attack when i am with friends but i will attack and enchant more.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
21
Great Question! Thanks for asking this!

Early on, I was not as responsive to being a support player, because I have always just played the game with my other elements. I decided to to both with my Life, she is Lauren Rain lvl 90 atm, but still only 1/2 way through Azteca. Anyway, I heal when its necessary, like say the next hit the other player will be dead most likely, then I will heal them, but if they have their own heals, I save for attacks.

I've become more accepting to the support player, in some dungeons, that is when I load only my healing deck, which has support shields for other players and helps when there are 3 other powerful players and one healer.

I used to be upset when people said "you can just heal us". Now, I look at it as an honor to help - almost a super hero of sorts in the wizard-ing world!

Regards,

Lauren Rain LVL 90 Life
Lauren DarkFlower LvL 88 Storm
Lauren IceFlower LvL 90 Ice
Lauren Lvl 45 Fire
Lauren DeathFlower LvL 56 Death
Lauren NightFlower LVL 48 Myth