Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does This Bother Anyone Else?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Well you are never going to hear advice about bigger base dmg for spells because that's what it is ; Base dmg. The only way to have a like spell with bigger base dmg is if it's a treasure card or amulet version of that spell.

I'm a life wizard & I held off on spending my talent pionts till level 20 until I decided what I really wanted as a 2nd, 3rd school, etc. I learned that it is best to stick with your class dmg spells because you can cast them faster with your power pips. Plus you can boost your class spells higher than spells outside your school because you get your school's blade.

I found it best to concentrate on learning support spells from other schools, like spirit blade & trap. Here's my layout as an example.

Class: Life
learned Death up to faint.
spiritblade, spirit trap, reshuffle

Spell: Giant Spider from pet spider
Spell: Faint from Amulet of faint
Faint treasure cards
Life blade treasure cards
Life trap treasure cards
Spirit blade treasure cards
Spirit trap treasure cards
Amplify treasure cards
Armor boosts life dmg by 54%

The trick is different like spells stack on each other adding to the boost. I usually don't use TCs because my learned spells are enough , but sometimes I do for fun. Here's an example of a spell cast layout against a boss battle I did.

Attack with pet's spell. Casts a global that boost life dmg by 25%
+54% from armor
+40% life blade
+45% life blade TC
+35% spirit balde
+40% spirit blade TC
+25% life trap
+30% life trap TC
+25% spirit trap
+30% spirit trap TC
+70% faint
+75% faint from amulet
+75% faint TC
+20% amplify TC
Followed by Forest Lord

against malistare + 50% weakness to life

all equalled to a wopping 110,658 dmg

All those ADD ONs really added up.

I made sure to keep 1 of his minions alive so I can wand it to waste any weaknesses cast on me without breaking my faints. Also it is best to use a wand that cast a different magic than your school so you don't waste your blades getting rid of a weakness.

For the most part I buy those double shield TCs at the library and load those in my sideboard. That way I can cast it when I need one & not have to wait for it to draw; plus they won't fill my deck allowing my boosts & attack cards to draw faster.

Now if you do an alternating Prism technique & cast a lot of traps between those converts you can do some really stupid high dmg. A small example:

+25% death trap
life prism
+25% life trap
+40% life blade

The order of how you lay the traps is important because the spell will come in as life, will be boosted by the life blade & life trap, then convert to death, which will then be boosted further as a death spell. If you cast the death trap after the convert, the spell will sail over the death trap as a life spell then convert to death.

Robert DragonWisperer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It absolutely annoys me when I read a post and someone says this:

"Well if you add this and that, the spell should do great damage."

Yeah...cuz that's what charms and wards do! If you add them, they make attacks stronger. That's basic Wizard101 knowledge.

It especially bothers me when someone says this:

"Well if you add Gargantuan and Amplify, the spell should do great damage."

Really?! I can forgive mentioning blades and traps when talking about spell strength, but when you start talking about adding spells that are virtually impossible to get at the Bazaar and cost Training Points to own (never mind the fact that they're only available to Lvl. 52 and up), it gets a little ridiculous.

Does this annoy anyone else?

I don't understand what you're trying to say
LDC lvl 60

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It absolutely annoys me when I read a post and someone says this:

"Well if you add this and that, the spell should do great damage."

Yeah...cuz that's what charms and wards do! If you add them, they make attacks stronger. That's basic Wizard101 knowledge.

It especially bothers me when someone says this:

"Well if you add Gargantuan and Amplify, the spell should do great damage."

Really?! I can forgive mentioning blades and traps when talking about spell strength, but when you start talking about adding spells that are virtually impossible to get at the Bazaar and cost Training Points to own (never mind the fact that they're only available to Lvl. 52 and up), it gets a little ridiculous.

Does this annoy anyone else?

Yes. I agree this is definitely not overreacting. It is so annoying when people say just because of those two astral spells can do such "great damage". So, a 45 damage wand spell with a +25% Balanceblade can do great damage? I think not!