Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does exp. carry over?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
So, i recently hit archmage on my myth, but i have a bunch of side quests i want to do. I was wondering if the exp from those side quests would carry over when they make a new world. Please answer!

Administrator
No it does not.

Please remember, no experience is rewarded for duels and quests completed while you were the prior maximum level of 80. When a player reaches the maximum level, their experience bar disappears, indicating they are not gaining experience from their duels or quests.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
No, but it doesn't hurt to get all sidequests done anyways. You will still hit max cap in the next world. Thats what happened with me; Finished zafaria (Including all sides), hit 80 after finishing ghost avalon and most sidequests.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
iceydude7 wrote:
So, i recently hit archmage on my myth, but i have a bunch of side quests i want to do. I was wondering if the exp from those side quests would carry over when they make a new world. Please answer!

Not to worry young wizard, if and when a new world or level cap is introduced you will have no problem level capping again so having quests taken after you cap carry over would only put you too close to the next level cap. Altho taking quests with out a bar doesn't seem as rewarding other things gained maybe worth it.

OTOH I knew a few wizards that took sides and then delayed handing them in until the new cap.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
yeah i reached archmage on myth also and i got as far as the wyrd and i have quests in other worlds i cant finish until the new lvl cap but i have 5 other characters to work on and i have time to do the pet derby and pvp which is a good thing.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
brwac wrote:
iceydude7 wrote:

Not to worry young wizard, if and when a new world or level cap is introduced you will have no problem level capping again so having quests taken after you cap carry over would only put you too close to the next level cap. Altho taking quests with out a bar doesn't seem as rewarding other things gained maybe worth it.

OTOH I knew a few wizards that took sides and then delayed handing them in until the new cap.

Thanks so much for this! Now i'm gonna finally get done with the catacombs and go to morganthe! or whenever she comes up.