Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does anybody play silver chest games?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
When I open a silver chest I only play Shock-a-lock, I never play catch-a-key. that one I think is worthless.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
I play both games, I just think they're fun. Plus, if you win you get something out of it.

Defender
Mar 16, 2009
I like the Catch a Key minigame more, partially because I have issues with my touchpad where sometimes I accidentally double-click when I try to click once and it makes the Shock a Lock game frustrating.

I'll still play both of them, however. Starting in Zafaria or Avalon, those Silver Chests become quite rewarding.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Ha, i play the silver chests whenever I find them in the hopes they brought back simplify or elucidate, right like that will happen

Survivor
Mar 07, 2017
I don't play them often. Personally, it's not that fun to me. For others it might, but not me. I used to play them a lot before, but again it's just not fun.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I don't mind which game I get when I open a silver chest. I'm just excited to see what the rewards are. I never pass up on a silver chest, because they often give really useful and harder to obtain reagents like sunstone. This is only the case in higher worlds like Zafaria/Avalon and up... Possibly Celestia. Never leave a silver chest behind!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I play them when I'm questing alone. I would rather not have a friend wait for me just because of a silver chest.

~Natalie lvl 80
~Natalie lvl 35

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
I do for the rewards, but I only play catch a key, Shock a lock is too hard for me!

Jonathan DawnHunter

Squire
Aug 10, 2009
I love the catch a key game. I don't mind the shock-a-lock.. I just wish they would put more stuff in them.. I think it would awesomer if they had a chance at crown armor, pets, permanent spells or just some crowns...