Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does a Poseidon piece always drop in Atlantea?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
DISCLAIMER! (Or warning)
I do not mean you are 100% guaranteed to get a drop of the set from Poseidon.

So I'm farming Atlantea on my Death with a friend now, and I finished the set pretty fast. One thing someone said to me in Waterworks was that someone will always get a set drop out of the four of us for their school. To me, this means that you're chances of getting a set piece in a big dungeon increases with less players. I don't know if it's coincidence, but each time I got a set piece was when there was only three people in the fight with Poseidon. I never got a piece with four people. Plus, whenever I got a set piece no one else did.

So my question is does this mean that the statement someone said to me is true? I personally don't want to believe it, but my experience tells me otherwise. Reason I ask is because my friend doesn't have any of the pieces of her set yet, and I want to help her get it as fast as possible. If this statement is true, I'd just duo it with her and flee the Poseidon fight when she beats him. Course, I don't want to just test this. So here I am.

If you can tell me if this rumor or statement is true or not, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Finich on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
DISCLAIMER! (Or warning)
I do not mean you are 100% guaranteed to get a drop of the set from Poseidon.

So I'm farming Atlantea on my Death with a friend now, and I finished the set pretty fast. One thing someone said to me in Waterworks was that someone will always get a set drop out of the four of us for their school. To me, this means that you're chances of getting a set piece in a big dungeon increases with less players. I don't know if it's coincidence, but each time I got a set piece was when there was only three people in the fight with Poseidon. I never got a piece with four people. Plus, whenever I got a set piece no one else did.

So my question is does this mean that the statement someone said to me is true? I personally don't want to believe it, but my experience tells me otherwise. Reason I ask is because my friend doesn't have any of the pieces of her set yet, and I want to help her get it as fast as possible. If this statement is true, I'd just duo it with her and flee the Poseidon fight when she beats him. Course, I don't want to just test this. So here I am.

If you can tell me if this rumor or statement is true or not, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
in my experience, this is not the case: i've been in instances where multiple people have gotten drops, so it's safe to say that the person who told you this is misinformed.

as with every other similar statement out there (don't pick up x, kill within y rounds, etc), drops are random. they are decided at the moment the battle ends, and nothing you do will change the odds. as long as you are alive and in the battle when the enemies are defeated, you will have a small chance at getting something good.

people have been spreading misinformation like this ever since the lottery drop system was introduced. please do not believe or contribute to any such rumours you hear, as none of them have ever been proven (until kingsisle officially confirms or denies it, please consider this and all other rumours to be untrue).

-von

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
This is exactly like when people say that killing hades faster will raise your chances of getting the hades set to drop. You might be wondering how are the two the same? Well it is simple. Both are just myths. The drops are random. Sometimes you get coincidences that may make things seem like a pattern is going on, but the truth is that all drops are random and there is nothing you can do to change that.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Allright, thanks guys. I have heard other weird rumors such as this one that I didn't believe on the spot, but this one just felt to have the most merit, so I wanted to confirm.