Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do True Friend codes work?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I can't figure out how to get True Friend codes to work. Here's how I understand they work:

My friend goes to the Friend window and presses the "0101" button in the window, generated a code, and sends it to me.

Then I have to click on a friend -- any friend, online or offline -- in my friend window, and choose "Friend Code", then enter the code in the space, press ENTER, then click CHECK CODE... which will fail. It always fails.

Is this working as intended?

Is there any way to add someone to your friends list without having them stand right in front of you and adding them the regular way? It's really hard to meet up with people in game unless they are on your friends list, and it's really hard to put people on your friends list if you haven't met up in game. It's a Catch-22...

Thanks!

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
First, do you have true friend chat enabled? Secondly, both of you need to generate codes, and be friends, then you give them to each other. You add the code for the specific friend who gave you that code, and they do it with you, confirming that you both do know each other. If you know your friend plan to meet with them somewhere, so while at school plan to meet at 6:30 in the commons by the rainbow bridge.

Community Leader
Ah, thanks. So it's useless? I can already add a friend if I am standing right in front of them; I don't need a true friend code to do that. What I was hoping for is to email some friends who also play W101 and give them friend codes so if we ever happened to be playing at the same time, we could see each other.

Oh, well.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
Actually it works exactly how it's supposed to, to confirm you actually know the person in game.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
4
Arenlor wrote:
First, do you have true friend chat enabled? Secondly, both of you need to generate codes, and be friends, then you give them to each other. You add the code for the specific friend who gave you that code, and they do it with you, confirming that you both do know each other. If you know your friend plan to meet with them somewhere, so while at school plan to meet at 6:30 in the commons by the rainbow bridge.


Okay, my daughter and I exchanged the same code. Do I need to generate a different one for her to input? Also, then how are you able to chat without others seeing what you type? I don't see how the true code would be different from text chat if you cannot type to each other and not have everyone see it, so the point of the true friend code is? Thank you!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
41
Arenlor wrote:
Actually it works exactly how it's supposed to, to confirm you actually know the person in game.


I agree with the poster before. If I email somebody or invite them to the game. I know them. I shouldn't have to re-confirm that I know them. In fact using the method in game I can be "True" friends with anybody. As long as they are willing to exchange codes with me.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
45
I've given out 2 friend codes.
Once they entered in my code, they were automatically added to my friends list, I never had to do anything.
Maybe it's different for those under 18?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
33
It worked for me and my brother, we're both "True Friends" in-game although I'm honestly not entirely sure what that means...

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
124
Both people need to generate and send codes to each other? That's odd -- because I sent my pen-pal on MSN a True Friend Code, but he didn't send me one. And he still got on my Friend's List.

Are we missing something, if he doesn't make me a code? >>

Administrator
Only one of you needs to generate and pass along the code. Not both.


AuroraGriffin wrote:
Both people need to generate and send codes to each other? That's odd -- because I sent my pen-pal on MSN a True Friend Code, but he didn't send me one. And he still got on my Friend's List.

Are we missing something, if he doesn't make me a code? >>

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
124
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
2
I can't find the "friend code button"! I looked on the friend tab, but no luck! It wasn't there! Help?

Administrator
True Friend Code exchange privileges must be enabled through the Parental Controls on accounts set up as under the age of 13.

If you still do not have True Friend Code privileges, contact customer support at support@wizard101.com


klanet05 wrote:
I can't find the "friend code button"! I looked on the friend tab, but no luck! It wasn't there! Help?


community@wizard101.com