Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do I have good enough stats?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
I am a lvl 76 balance wiz and currently have around 4,023 health. I have about 26 damage for my school, and pretty low accuracy and resist. I have crowns and dropped gear, as well as a few items that I bought in shops. I have been hearing people saying how great the waterworks gear is, and after two failed attempts i gave up trying this very hard dungeon. I have leveled up a lot since then, and was wondering if I should continue doing waterworks attempts for the gear. I will probably do it for the XP. The dungeon is very hard and time consuming, and I really don't want to do it many times simply to get gear that I really don't need. Is there a level 70 or somewhere around there gear set that would be better for me to farm. Thank you for your help!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Do WW. It isn't too hard with a team of at least 3, preferable 4, and if you follow the rules, it won't take a long time. WW gear is the best set in the game so far, and once you get it, your hard work will have payed off in battles.

Good luck with gear!

Angela D

P.S. Do not collect regents in the dungeon, it gives a better chance of getting gear

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Fishburt700 on May 29, 2013 wrote:
I am a lvl 76 balance wiz and currently have around 4,023 health. I have about 26 damage for my school, and pretty low accuracy and resist. I have crowns and dropped gear, as well as a few items that I bought in shops. I have been hearing people saying how great the waterworks gear is, and after two failed attempts i gave up trying this very hard dungeon. I have leveled up a lot since then, and was wondering if I should continue doing waterworks attempts for the gear. I will probably do it for the XP. The dungeon is very hard and time consuming, and I really don't want to do it many times simply to get gear that I really don't need. Is there a level 70 or somewhere around there gear set that would be better for me to farm. Thank you for your help!
I personally go the crafted route, I also have no luck at WW so it's agony to repeat many times - my lvl 83 balance wizard has had on the lvl 56 crafted helmet and robe from Wintertusk, the helmets extra blade is very useful for me. I trained the Sun spells to Colossus. I have been mixing other stuff up though Avalon to get better stats. I recently farmed Indigo Giant for the Wyrd-Oak Staff for the 73% critical block because mine was not over 100 yet. As I progress I am sure I am going to need much more block. I am considering crafting the Balance/Ice boots from Avalon to add more block once I get the craft quest done in Zafaria. My health is around yours, my damage is 63 and I left my pips percent at 94 but am sure as I switch gear will have to let that go. I did not train death to feint but carry the Jewel of Feint Amulet - it also puts less of a trap on me, for mob fights I switch that out with the regular balance blade one so I can stack 2 blades and run a Collossus Power Nova by the third round the added weakness helps reduce the enemies hits if they haven't already used up their pips.

I have researched a bit on how to play balance because I seem to be at a loss with this school. M4H seem to have the best plans for how to play. Along with other very useful ideas on how to group or solo play. Using Sand Storm then Power Nova and Judgement as my main spells though out Avalon. I learned how to one hit with Judgement in solo boss fights - such as ones for spells.

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/the-broken-mold-how-to-thrive-as-balance-in-the-new-paradigms/

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Your damage and resistance and accuracy need work. With the waterworks gear you could easily get rid of all of those. If you're having problems with block or critical try other wands and crafting things.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
If you're looking for great gear, I'd recommend the WW gear for Balance. My stats aren't that better than the WW gear for Balance with this crafted gear from Avalon. I would recommend using the Teeth of the Lord of Nights from the Shaman's lore pack for a wand. VERY high block.

Wolf HawkBreaker Promethean
A Balanced Life
"Stuffs hard. We get it. Now go."

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Waterworks or winter tusk crafted gear. Try to get your damage in the high 50s....resist in the high 30s and critical lock in the high hundreds. Hatching for a spudf would also be beneficial.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Fishburt700 on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Balance is not an easy school to get good gear without losing some of it's stats, like pips, accuracy, critical, and even damage.

The Wintertusk L56 crafted hat is very good, but the resistance is a lower compared to the WaterWorks hat. However, if you want to sacrifice a little resistance, then go for the Wintertusk because it does give you the extra blade which is very handy for Balance.

Wyrd Walker crafted Avalon robe is very good for Balance. You lose 2% damage boost compared to the WW robe and lose pips.

The Avalon crafted boots, which are a combination of Balance/Ice are excellent. The resist is lower than WW boots, but it has excellent block. You do lose damage boost, but gain a bit of accuracy.

Also, if you buy crown gear (most of it isn't very good), Boots of the Archmage (or something like that) for L85 is very handy for Balance wizards.

From Avalon on, Balance loses critical, damage boost, pips, and accuracy in their gear. Why? Don't know, except it's not easy to find the right combination of gear to get the stats needed.

For a wand, get one with as much block as possible. Critical at your level and above isn't as important any more, as mobs and bosses will block it most of the time.

I usually keep 2-3 sets of different gear I've crafted plus my WW gear in my backpack, as I do switch around sometimes to try and get a good combination of stats. This also includes Athames, Wands, Amulets and Rings.

Hope this helps!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Northlite makes a good point~ if you don't have the time or energy to farm Waterworks for the gear (because nothing is better than WW, unfortunately for us), WT crafted is the closest you can get. If you need help with WW, check wizard101central.com~ it's free to create an account, and it's full of people looking for quest help.

Next up: you need a pet with any combo of the following talents~

pain giver
add balance
spell proof
spell defy
sharp shot
balance-it
fairy friend
spritely

I am a balance wizard, level 90, awesome sauce. My stats and gear are as follows:

gear

waterworks hat/cape (dropped, waterworks)
ww boots (dropped, ww) OR greenwarden's energetic boots (some hoard pack i bought once)
winter palace spikeleaf sword (yuletide pack)
golden razor beak (azteca crafted)
great wild wood pendant (dropped. ghost avalon)
nameless ring (dropped, the wyrd)
fluffy (my adorable pet, hatched with a friend)

pet talents

add balance
spritely
fairy friend
spell proof
sharp shot

stats

health: 4455
mana: 351

damage: +76
accuracy: 91%
resist: 39% universal
power pips: 95%

critical: 133 balance only, 45 all others
block: 154 universal
incoming heal: +37%

hope this helps, sort of.

-v.

90 and

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Northlite on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I personally go the crafted route, I also have no luck at WW so it's agony to repeat many times - my lvl 83 balance wizard has had on the lvl 56 crafted helmet and robe from Wintertusk, the helmets extra blade is very useful for me. I trained the Sun spells to Colossus. I have been mixing other stuff up though Avalon to get better stats. I recently farmed Indigo Giant for the Wyrd-Oak Staff for the 73% critical block because mine was not over 100 yet. As I progress I am sure I am going to need much more block. I am considering crafting the Balance/Ice boots from Avalon to add more block once I get the craft quest done in Zafaria. My health is around yours, my damage is 63 and I left my pips percent at 94 but am sure as I switch gear will have to let that go. I did not train death to feint but carry the Jewel of Feint Amulet - it also puts less of a trap on me, for mob fights I switch that out with the regular balance blade one so I can stack 2 blades and run a Collossus Power Nova by the third round the added weakness helps reduce the enemies hits if they haven't already used up their pips.

I have researched a bit on how to play balance because I seem to be at a loss with this school. M4H seem to have the best plans for how to play. Along with other very useful ideas on how to group or solo play. Using Sand Storm then Power Nova and Judgement as my main spells though out Avalon. I learned how to one hit with Judgement in solo boss fights - such as ones for spells.

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/the-broken-mold-how-to-thrive-as-balance-in-the-new-paradigms/
Basically, take the crafting route. For your level, use Zafaria crafting, and if you do not have Legendary Crafter, choose WT crafting. I think that WW gear is not worth it for Ice wizards, as I quickly moved into crafting gear.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I agree with northlite crafted gear is awesome.I suggest wt crafted gear.WW gear is good too but I suggest WW robe,crafted hat, and crowns boots.Sword of the kings and what he said as well.

Tyler Legendfriend 70