Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispels have ruined the game

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The characters I run across anymore seem to be of a new breed that just make playing the game as lame as can be. Many players get as high of damage reduction as they can, don't bother much with damage percent, and instead line their decks heavily with dispels made even cheaper to cast with school mastery amulets. They just go into every fight and dispel and stack dispel all the bosses and any major attacks and then either let who they are playing with do all the killing or use minions, multiple characters they own, and hirelings when playing by themselves. They also tend to constantly complain how easy and boring the game is as everything is drawn out and their is never any real risk of being damaged or ever really losing a battle. I have always hated dispels, don't mind so much when bosses use them against players, but when players use them in the game play and in PvP their use ruins both. What should be hard fights cause bosses are made to cheat are non-fight drawn out jokes.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Nobody is telling you to use dispels... Nobody is forcing you to team with people that use dispels...

Once again, your preference, is trying to effect everyone in the game...

Just because you don't like sometime, does not mean it is wrong or "Ruining the game"!

Please, save the drama, if you dont like them, dont use them! If you cant defeat an opponent in PvP that uses them, don't PvP, or come up with a better strategy...

However, this wanting to remove them from the game entirely to suit you, is such a selfish behavior... Learn to deal with them as the rest of the millions of players have...

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Yawn...

I get it. If it's something you don't like, then it's ruining PvP. If it's something you like, then I"m guessing it's fine.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
seasnake wrote:
The characters I run across anymore seem to be of a new breed that just make playing the game as lame as can be. Many players get as high of damage reduction as they can, don't bother much with damage percent, and instead line their decks heavily with dispels made even cheaper to cast with school mastery amulets. They just go into every fight and dispel and stack dispel all the bosses and any major attacks and then either let who they are playing with do all the killing or use minions, multiple characters they own, and hirelings when playing by themselves. They also tend to constantly complain how easy and boring the game is as everything is drawn out and their is never any real risk of being damaged or ever really losing a battle. I have always hated dispels, don't mind so much when bosses use them against players, but when players use them in the game play and in PvP their use ruins both. What should be hard fights cause bosses are made to cheat are non-fight drawn out jokes.

I think dispels are actually pretty fair. I mean, it takes two pips to cast and to train other dispels other than their main school one a wizard needs to spend training points. The only usefulness for a dispel is for very high powered spells or at the least a spell that costs a large amount of pips so you can waste them, so it will come in handy when you cast a balance dispel on a balance wizard about to cast Judgement with full power pips

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
No it didn't ruin the game. It ruin you. Don't blame the game - blame yourself for playing it.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Everyone has their own strategy. Don't bother complaining about these things, it doesn't work.

Source:
Experience

Adherent
May 20, 2010
We all have our likes and dislikes. Dispels are a viable strategy against PvE enemies. In some cases with certain "cheating" bosses, they're almost mandatory. If you feel that they make the game too easy, then you can refrain from using them.

PvP is another matter. However, since both sides have access to dispels, it's a two-edged sword, unless one particular dispel has a bigger advantage than others. I've long been an advocate of a different module for PvP than PvE (different spells, different things allowed or disallowed, etc.). It's not likely to happen.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Dispels against other players should be taken further. Instead of causing an automatic fizzle and loss of pips, why not lose the spell as well completely from the deck? If its going to cost the pips as if it were cast, it should be entirely like a cast and disappear once activated. Instead it just gets shuffled back into the deck. That isn't dispelling, thats fizzling while losing pips

Defender
Sep 14, 2010