Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

discovering other wizard's schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
How can I tell what school another wizard belongs to? Sometimes I can figure it out by color or by the spells they throw, but it would be nice if it were listed in their friend profile. Am I missing something?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fallonrainsinger wrote:
How can I tell what school another wizard belongs to? Sometimes I can figure it out by color or by the spells they throw, but it would be nice if it were listed in their friend profile. Am I missing something?

You can click on them to bring up there profile. After that, click on the little arrow in the bottom left corner of their profile to bring out an expansion pane that shows their school, gear, PvP stats, etc.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
The one sure way is to expand the stats tab when you click on their name.
It will tell you their name, school, level and general info.

It also helps to know the terminology used to descibe each school:
http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Titles

Although you can sometimes tell by their pet, since some pets used to be exclusive to particular schools, you can't be 100% sure because of pet hybrids and now all pets may be bred to take on different characteristics.

Some spells used to be exclusive to particular schools, like Storm Lord for Storm, but it is possible to get (rare) treasure cards or pendants for some of them now.