Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Different stats on the top and bottom?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2014
When I go to see my character stats, not on all of them but, on most of them, there is my stats and under it there is my stats for the same thing but, different number. And what i mean is like on the top it would show 55 damage and on the bottom it shows 26.

So what would my damage be? 55 or 26?

Is this suppose to even happen?

Why does it show this for only some of my stats?

I honestly do not understand this top and bottom stats thing so if you know the answer to this then plz reply.
Thank you.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
The top number is your base damage combined with gear and pet damage, the bottom number is from jewels. Below is a link that explains jewels quite well. Also, when it comes to critical damage and resist, you will need to hover your mouse over the number to learn your actual percentage. For example, on my life, I have 241 (ish) critical, which translates into about 35-38%.

http://www.swordroll.com/2015/03/wizard101-jewel-flat-stat-guide.html

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You have 55% damage boost from your gear, plus 26 additional damage points added to every spell from jewels you've socketed into your gear.

In practice, if you use a 100 damage spell, you'll actually do 126 damage from what the jewel adds, then that will be multiplied by 55% from your other gear. With the jewel, the total hit comes out to 195 (126 x 0.55 = 195.3). Without the jewel, the total hit would only be 155 (100 x 0.55 = 155).

So in short:
top number is the combined percentage damage boost of all your gear and it works like an extra blade;
bottom number is from jewels you added and it's a straight addition to the spell's base damage.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You will notice the damage on top has a percent, the damage on the bottom does not, it is called flat damage, so you have 55% damage then 26 added to the spell itself. I forget at what point in the damage calculation it is added but I know it is not before blades/buffs.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Freshta on Oct 7, 2017 wrote:
You have 55% damage boost from your gear, plus 26 additional damage points added to every spell from jewels you've socketed into your gear.

In practice, if you use a 100 damage spell, you'll actually do 126 damage from what the jewel adds, then that will be multiplied by 55% from your other gear. With the jewel, the total hit comes out to 195 (126 x 0.55 = 195.3). Without the jewel, the total hit would only be 155 (100 x 0.55 = 155).

So in short:
top number is the combined percentage damage boost of all your gear and it works like an extra blade;
bottom number is from jewels you added and it's a straight addition to the spell's base damage.

Alia Misthaven
The 26 is actually added after all other damage boosts, otherwise, ya know it might be useful lol!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
The 26 is actually added after all other damage boosts, otherwise, ya know it might be useful lol!
Ah. I never used the damage jewels because I could tell mathematically that, even if added in the way I thought they were, they don't boost much for higher power spells.

If you're right then they're even more useless than I thought!

Alia Misthaven