Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Devoted Players?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
This is kind of going with what Proffesor Greyrose's Post about Casual gaming and how the community of Wizard101 is set up. And I read the post from Sean Stalzer. And he talked a lot about how Wizard101 is a game originally intented for childern but has a good following of older players.

But this post wants to focus more on what kind of player you are. Are you fully devoted and think you will be playing wizard101 as long as you can? Are you just trying this game out for a while and seeing where it goes? If your like me I have been on and off Wizard101 even though I have stopped playing in the past something always bring me back to wizard101.

And if so why? Like what brings you back? what keeps you playing this game? What makes you not want to play this game? And do you think that this game being mostly intended for childern but with a big adult following does anyone feel that changes how you feel about the game or if it affects staying with the game?

This is just something I'm curious about after reading all the posts. So it is more of just a question that I want to see how the answers turn out.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I myself am a very casual gamer. I've been a member since beta, but there are months where I decide not to play, and then come back. However, I had the honor to meet today a REALLY die hard fan. This woman told me she has 5 (yes 5) accounts. 3 of those accounts are memberships, and the other 2 are crown only. She has 18 legendary, 3 of each school except for fire and ice, of which she has only 2. (should I stress that out? ONLY 2?)

Now you tell me, is she devoted or what?

As I told her how amazed I was at all of this, she said "It's no big deal, there are other people who do the same"

For real? Are there players so devoted to this game that they have 3 accounts and 18 legends, 3 of each school?

Wow. That was a humbling experience, I thought I was a good player ...

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Originally, I was introduced to this game by my 9 yr old last August. This was my first on-line gaming experience. We used to play an hour or 2 every now and then, and quested together. After a couple of weeks, I found I really enjoy this game. I made a balance wizard for me to play on my own while I kept the myth one as a companion wizard for my son's wizard.

I went from now and then to regularly playing 1-2 hours every evening. By December, my balance hit legend. But not before I created another wizard for me. And I have been hooked ever since! :) I am now playing about 3-4 hours a day, and longer on weekends.

Am I fully devoted and will I be playing wizard101 as long as can?
Yes definitely.

What brings me back and keeps me playing this game?
There's still so much to do and learn. I like experiencing the game through different schools. 3 legends later, I'm learning it's better to do ALL quests, and how to stack the quests so my fights count can count/ accomplish different quests at the same time. I'm constantly trying different decks to fight better. I enjoy hatching and trying to get the perfect pet for each wizard. I like decorating my homes and crafting. And someday, I will venture back in the pvp ring - lol.

I like hanging out with long time wizard friends - we laugh and look back at our humble beginnings and adventures. My wizards will friend their wizards. Even at different levels, we'll help eachother out. Or we'll farm together. How's that for community relationships... it's not soley based on making conquests together. Mind you, I have not played any other games, and I just hear about doing raids together, so I don't know from experience. But I'm perfectly happy with our wizard community. With the exception of a few dungeons, we are social by choice - not out of necessity. And I don't mind that there are kids.

I would imagine going into a coffee house where at a table sits: a 7 year old girl in a ballet shoes, a retired air force pilot, a college engineer student and a mom of 4 all chatting about a common goal. Seem unlikely in real life , but you can get that in any battle, in the spiral, any time. And it does happen - and I think it's great! :)

I'm coming up on my anniversary soon and I have grown as a wizard and a gamer. (And I hope to continue to do so.) I like helping fellow wizards and will pass any helpful tips that I learned. Overall - I play for the love of the game, and the quest to always be better! :)

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 50 ice
Nora WillowSmith lvl 5 life

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
ellielee wrote:
Originally, I was introduced to this game by my 9 yr old last August. This was my first on-line gaming experience. We used to play an hour or 2 every now and then, and quested together. After a couple of weeks, I found I really enjoy this game. I made a balance wizard for me to play on my own while I kept the myth one as a companion wizard for my son's wizard.

I went from now and then to regularly playing 1-2 hours every evening. By December, my balance hit legend. But not before I created another wizard for me. And I have been hooked ever since! :) I am now playing about 3-4 hours a day, and longer on weekends.

Yes definitely.

There's still so much to do and learn. I like experiencing the game through different schools. 3 legends later, I'm learning it's better to do ALL quests, and how to stack the quests so my fights count can count/ accomplish different quests at the same time. I'm constantly trying different decks to fight better. I enjoy hatching and trying to get the perfect pet for each wizard. I like decorating my homes and crafting. And someday, I will venture back in the pvp ring - lol.

I like hanging out with long time wizard friends - we laugh and look back at our humble beginnings and adventures. My wizards will friend their wizards. Even at different levels, we'll help eachother out. Or we'll farm together. How's that for community relationships... it's not soley based on making conquests together. Mind you, I have not played any other games, and I just hear about doing raids together, so I don't know from experience. But I'm perfectly happy with our wizard community. With the exception of a few dungeons, we are social by choice - not out of necessity. And I don't mind that there are kids.

I would imagine going into a coffee house where at a table sits: a 7 year old girl in a ballet shoes, a retired air force pilot, a college engineer student and a mom of 4 all chatting about a common goal. Seem unlikely in real life , but you can get that in any battle, in the spiral, any time. And it does happen - and I think it's great! :)

I'm coming up on my anniversary soon and I have grown as a wizard and a gamer. (And I hope to continue to do so.) I like helping fellow wizards and will pass any helpful tips that I learned. Overall - I play for the love of the game, and the quest to always be better! :)

That is really cool it is fun to see that a lot of the older players actually come to play because a younger player got them to and I think it is cool to read about it. I was introduced by my little brother who started playing when he was 10 and then he wanted me to start playing and I have been playing ever since. Liked reading your post for sure xD.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Finarel wrote:
I myself am a very casual gamer. I've been a member since beta, but there are months where I decide not to play, and then come back. However, I had the honor to meet today a REALLY die hard fan. This woman told me she has 5 (yes 5) accounts. 3 of those accounts are memberships, and the other 2 are crown only. She has 18 legendary, 3 of each school except for fire and ice, of which she has only 2. (should I stress that out? ONLY 2?)

Now you tell me, is she devoted or what?

As I told her how amazed I was at all of this, she said "It's no big deal, there are other people who do the same"

For real? Are there players so devoted to this game that they have 3 accounts and 18 legends, 3 of each school?

Wow. That was a humbling experience, I thought I was a good player ...

I have noticed that to the most devoted players seem to be like ladies and they are like some of the best players I have seen lol. One of my friend she has like 2 Accounts and has like 3 of those giant grizzlehiem crafting houses. And she can make a character legend in less than 2 weeks it is very amazing how devoted some people are.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Its nice to see that a posting made by a player which poses a situation in which I look upon fondly. I am a hidden player as I am not "active" within the wizard101central and Wizard101 boards typically, and play with the community and play alot (sometimes more hardcore than others) but the point is I have been here since beta and I was introduced to Wizard101 through my own curiosity, I did however get my "Domestic Partner" (legally speaking in WA state) involved and he and I have been playing for almost 2 1/2 years now. Eric is very much a hidden player himself, though I make attempts at trying to become apart of the community but being 27 and involved in the community is a bit hard, since most players look at you a tad weird for being an adult.

Wizard 101 for me has been a game where I have devoted thousands (by now) of dollars into and have been buying crowns every month. Eric and I are both devoted players and have thought on many occasions have thought about buying from Zazzle, just to show our support. I have also pondered about becoming a moderator for Wizard 101 myself, as I am a full-time student obtaining my AA in Accounting in the spring of next year. Wizard 101 has been a joy for us and for many years I can see us playing this game. However, this isnt to say we wont take breaks from it from time to time between content, but the dream of Wizard 101 is truly still alive. I think when Kingsisle thought about this game, they knew they created a baby that can be reborn in many different ways, but the innovation is always something that amazes me.

These are just my thoughts, but I am sure out of 15 million people, Eric and I can say that we are completely devoted no matter how many years may pass. If you ever see my characters be sure to say Hi and look at my gorgeous houses (Wish they were nominated) as people have told me they wanted to hire me as a decorator :)

Characters ( Me)

Jason Goldenhand (lv 60 Balance - Completely done until next world)
Jason Moonweaver (46 Storm - Currently in Drake Hatchery)

Characters (Eric)

Edward Iceflame (lv60 Ice - Completed Celestia / Working on WT and WW e.t.c)

Edward Stormbreeze (lv 39 Storm - Currently In Moonshu)

Be sure to say hi to us, and if we can do anything to help you can count on us :) and to the OP, I must say I appreciate the chance in stating my happiness and feelings on this matter :)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I joined Wiz101 in late 2008, After the very first advertisement on either Disney channel or Nick.(my 7 yr old pointed it out on the TV) I was a very devoted Disney ToonTown player for 4 years and was up for something different.

I am a big Harry Potter fan and a beta tester for many of the MMORPG failures in 2007-2010.

I joined and got my son involved, we both quest together(when he is on). I am on most nights for a couple of hours, and bunches of hours on weekends(yard work, who needs it! :)

Yeah I assume so, I always am amazed at how KI juggles making money and keeping the masses entertained. I mean there is a very delicate balance.

The same thing that kept me on TT, friendship and envy(to be honest) I like having the best gear, and will farm something, or someone(curses Malestaire) to get what I want.

My wife & daughter look at me and my son, when we discus the game offline like we are speaking alien. We always get a kick out of it.

Cheers,

Rhemas
Kane- Legendary Storm
Ronan Dragonrider - Legendary Balance
Talon Soulhunter - Legendary Fire
Nicholas Soulbreaker - Legendary Death

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I am an older player :) . I use to play a couple other mmo but got fed up with the chat and impossible amounts key strokes keep track of. I also play a few hours a day after work to relax. The weekends are my times to power game doing the longer quests.

Sabrina Lotusflower Magus Myth (33rd)
Sabrina Pixiewielder Grandmaster Storm
Sabrina Daisyrunner Grandmaster Life
Sabrina Raventhief Legendary Balance

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I joined the game after seeing countless commercials, but the day I saw the one showing pets I just go "Alright! That's it! I'm getting a free account!". I'm not that serious about the game. I am not one to get addicted to a game very often. I got a 3 month subscription to Toon Town once and stopped playing after a few weeks. At the same time, though, I met my best friend through Wizard 101. We we're in a play, and were just hanging out while the tech guys were setting up, I say "Who here has a Wizard 101 account?" and he says "I do!". The rest is history.

The thing that brings me back is how difficult the game is, the storyline, and my 3 best pals who love it as much as I do! It's how I met one of my best friends, and annoy another who's computer didn't meet the system requirments. Not to mention, it's a great icebreaker.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
I am an older player.

thorvon65 wrote:
Are you fully devoted and think you will be playing wizard101 as long as you can?

I used to think I would play as long as possible. But to tell you the truth, I'm on the fence now. If it weren't for playing with my kids, I probably would have let the subscription go by now as I play mostly to either level a wizard for playing with them, or with them directly. While I did enjoy the wintertusk release (kudos on that KI, truly) I'm just not a fan of the direction the schools seem to be heading. I'm in a wait and see mode for the next installment.

thorvon65 wrote:
Are you just trying this game out for a while and seeing where it goes? If your like me I have been on and off Wizard101 even though I have stopped playing in the past something always bring me back to wizard101.

I have been on several times a week for about a year with a few week to two week breaks.

thorvon65 wrote:
And if so why? Like what brings you back? what keeps you playing this game?

Largely, I came back to play with friends and my kids. The content has been good and it was fun to try playing it as different wizards, but mostly I enjoy the friendships I've made here.

thorvon65 wrote:
What makes you not want to play this game?

As friends (and myself) move on to other wizards, we often lose touch since we can't see each other unless we arrange new friendships. It may not be as big a problem for more naturally social people, but I tend to enjoy the company of very free spirited and often mercurial people... hence the issue. If you lose the friendships, there is just so many times you can beat everything in the game before you lose interest. Decorating houses is fun, but what's the point if you can't find your friends to share it with? It would be nice if there was something other than pvp to do after you have beaten the game.

thorvon65 wrote:
And do you think that this game being mostly intended for childern but with a big adult following does anyone feel that changes how you feel about the game or if it affects staying with the game?

It appears to be like most "kid movies" these days, and by that I mean it is squarely targeted at children knowing full well that adults will come along as well. Therefore, it does a good job of presenting balanced content to keep all ages interested. I think that it also allows you to play it in a variety of ways and for a variety of purposes, which again, adds to the mass appeal.

thorvon65 wrote:
This is just something I'm curious about after reading all the posts. So it is more of just a question that I want to see how the answers turn out.

Thank you for posing this question. It appears to be turning into an interesting thread.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
DrkMysticRising wrote:
Its nice to see that a posting made by a player which poses a situation in which I look upon fondly. I am a hidden player as I am not "active" within the wizard101central and Wizard101 boards typically, and play with the community and play alot (sometimes more hardcore than others) but the point is I have been here since beta and I was introduced to Wizard101 through my own curiosity, I did however get my "Domestic Partner" (legally speaking in WA state) involved and he and I have been playing for almost 2 1/2 years now. Eric is very much a hidden player himself, though I make attempts at trying to become apart of the community but being 27 and involved in the community is a bit hard, since most players look at you a tad weird for being an adult.

Wizard 101 for me has been a game where I have devoted thousands (by now) of dollars into and have been buying crowns every month. Eric and I are both devoted players and have thought on many occasions have thought about buying from Zazzle, just to show our support. I have also pondered about becoming a moderator for Wizard 101 myself, as I am a full-time student obtaining my AA in Accounting in the spring of next year. Wizard 101 has been a joy for us and for many years I can see us playing this game. However, this isnt to say we wont take breaks from it from time to time between content, but the dream of Wizard 101 is truly still alive. I think when Kingsisle thought about this game, they knew they created a baby that can be reborn in many different ways, but the innovation is always something that amazes me.

These are just my thoughts, but I am sure out of 15 million people, Eric and I can say that we are completely devoted no matter how many years may pass. If you ever see my characters be sure to say Hi and look at my gorgeous houses (Wish they were nominated) as people have told me they wanted to hire me as a decorator :)

Characters ( Me)

Jason Goldenhand (lv 60 Balance - Completely done until next world)
Jason Moonweaver (46 Storm - Currently in Drake Hatchery)

Characters (Eric)

Edward Iceflame (lv60 Ice - Completed Celestia / Working on WT and WW e.t.c)

Edward Stormbreeze (lv 39 Storm - Currently In Moonshu)

Be sure to say hi to us, and if we can do anything to help you can count on us :) and to the OP, I must say I appreciate the chance in stating my happiness and feelings on this matter :)

Right I have noticed that a lot of good players don't tend to be into the community much but still play. Like when I'll ask my friends do you guys use the message boards at all, and most of them will say "Yea well I just never got into the community stuff" and I was the same way, In fact the reason I started posting was because they were talking about how it comes with being a subscriber so I was like if i'm paying for it might as well. And i'm sure you would make a great moderator xD.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Rhemas wrote:
I joined Wiz101 in late 2008, After the very first advertisement on either Disney channel or Nick.(my 7 yr old pointed it out on the TV) I was a very devoted Disney ToonTown player for 4 years and was up for something different.

I am a big Harry Potter fan and a beta tester for many of the MMORPG failures in 2007-2010.

I joined and got my son involved, we both quest together(when he is on). I am on most nights for a couple of hours, and bunches of hours on weekends(yard work, who needs it! :)

Yeah I assume so, I always am amazed at how KI juggles making money and keeping the masses entertained. I mean there is a very delicate balance.

The same thing that kept me on TT, friendship and envy(to be honest) I like having the best gear, and will farm something, or someone(curses Malestaire) to get what I want.

My wife & daughter look at me and my son, when we discus the game offline like we are speaking alien. We always get a kick out of it.

Cheers,

Rhemas
Kane- Legendary Storm
Ronan Dragonrider - Legendary Balance
Talon Soulhunter - Legendary Fire
Nicholas Soulbreaker - Legendary Death

Father and son teams are always cool to see, I remember when I was playing on my balance I knew this guy and he and his son played and they were both fire and it was cool because they would both blade each other, and get traps up and it was like super team lol. I also always enjoy reading about people that play the game with their families because it is cool and all to play online with people you have never met but like with people you know in real life it just so much more fun because then you always have something to talk about(as i'm sure your wife and daughter know). And completely agree that it is much better than lawn work lol.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
pirate8375 wrote:
I am an older player :) . I use to play a couple other mmo but got fed up with the chat and impossible amounts key strokes keep track of. I also play a few hours a day after work to relax. The weekends are my times to power game doing the longer quests.

Sabrina Lotusflower Magus Myth (33rd)
Sabrina Pixiewielder Grandmaster Storm
Sabrina Daisyrunner Grandmaster Life
Sabrina Raventhief Legendary Balance

I know right this game is so cool because it isn't as stressful as other MMOs. When I played WoW I remember how much went into the game that it almost didn't feel like a game, and I'll tell you after a 6 hour raid on that game it made me look like a dead person lol. This game is kind of relaxful I love just flying around on my mounts and just picking up reagents, but then I go into overdrive when it is time to PvP or quest lol.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
eggywig wrote:
I joined the game after seeing countless commercials, but the day I saw the one showing pets I just go "Alright! That's it! I'm getting a free account!". I'm not that serious about the game. I am not one to get addicted to a game very often. I got a 3 month subscription to Toon Town once and stopped playing after a few weeks. At the same time, though, I met my best friend through Wizard 101. We we're in a play, and were just hanging out while the tech guys were setting up, I say "Who here has a Wizard 101 account?" and he says "I do!". The rest is history.

The thing that brings me back is how difficult the game is, the storyline, and my 3 best pals who love it as much as I do! It's how I met one of my best friends, and annoy another who's computer didn't meet the system requirments. Not to mention, it's a great icebreaker.

Right commercials are convincing, I just saw a DQ commercial and had to get a blizzard. And that is a really good trait that you don't get addicted to games because for me it seems like it is going to be a problem, but i'll enjoy while it lasts xD. And there is a perfect example to anyone that says MMOs are anti social so that is really fun to hear about. Good to see that Wizard101 does have devoted players. Young or Old

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011

I went from now and then to regularly playing 1-2 hours every evening. By December, my balance hit legend. But not before I created another wizard for me. And I have been hooked ever since! I am now playing about 3-4 hours a day, and longer on weekends.

Yes definitely.

I would imagine going into a coffee house where at a table sits: a 7 year old girl in a ballet shoes, a retired air force pilot, a college engineer student and a mom of 4 all chatting about a common goal. Seem unlikely in real life , but you can get that in any battle, in the spiral, any time. And it does happen - and I think it's great!

I'm coming up on my anniversary soon and I have grown as a wizard and a gamer. (And I hope to continue to do so.) I like helping fellow wizards and will pass any helpful tips that I learned. Overall - I play for the love of the game, and the quest to always be better!

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
A friend and I were looking after a 7 year old when a commercial came on that reminded me of the game play in Magic: The Gathering, a card game I excelled at and used to enjoy in my high school days. As I was bored and a new account was free, I gave it a shot. A few months later I have six legendary wizards.

My game time currently is inconsistent. When new content comes out, I eagerly play through it with all six wizards, then my interests begins to wane as too soon there is little left to do. Then new content comes out and the cycle begins again.

I would play more if it were easier to find groups or people who want help; it seems like everyone just wants to solo. As I have multiple maxed out characters, I can usually get a Waterworks group easy enough, but there is only so many times you want to do that in a row. :-P

I usually keep up with the message boards, even if I do not post extremely often, as it is interesting to see how others experience the game and potentially where Wizard101’s future will go.

Quitting is not in the near future for me. There are far too many spells that need to be slung around the Spiral.

See you in game,

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
I am an older player.

thorvon65 wrote:
Are you fully devoted and think you will be playing wizard101 as long as you can?

I used to think I would play as long as possible. But to tell you the truth, I'm on the fence now. If it weren't for playing with my kids, I probably would have let the subscription go by now as I play mostly to either level a wizard for playing with them, or with them directly. While I did enjoy the wintertusk release (kudos on that KI, truly) I'm just not a fan of the direction the schools seem to be heading. I'm in a wait and see mode for the next installment.

thorvon65 wrote:
Are you just trying this game out for a while and seeing where it goes? If your like me I have been on and off Wizard101 even though I have stopped playing in the past something always bring me back to wizard101.

I have been on several times a week for about a year with a few week to two week breaks.

thorvon65 wrote:
And if so why? Like what brings you back? what keeps you playing this game?

Largely, I came back to play with friends and my kids. The content has been good and it was fun to try playing it as different wizards, but mostly I enjoy the friendships I've made here.

thorvon65 wrote:
What makes you not want to play this game?

As friends (and myself) move on to other wizards, we often lose touch since we can't see each other unless we arrange new friendships. It may not be as big a problem for more naturally social people, but I tend to enjoy the company of very free spirited and often mercurial people... hence the issue. If you lose the friendships, there is just so many times you can beat everything in the game before you lose interest. Decorating houses is fun, but what's the point if you can't find your friends to share it with? It would be nice if there was something other than pvp to do after you have beaten the game.

thorvon65 wrote:
And do you think that this game being mostly intended for childern but with a big adult following does anyone feel that changes how you feel about the game or if it affects staying with the game?

It appears to be like most "kid movies" these days, and by that I mean it is squarely targeted at children knowing full well that adults will come along as well. Therefore, it does a good job of presenting balanced content to keep all ages interested. I think that it also allows you to play it in a variety of ways and for a variety of purposes, which again, adds to the mass appeal.

thorvon65 wrote:

Thank you for posing this question. It appears to be turning into an interesting thread.

Alot of what keeps people coming back seems to be with friends and family that play That is what usually keeps me playing. And I'm not fond on the direction of the schools either lol. And I think that is a good explanation commercials will bring younger players in, and then you know adult players will just follow either way because not a lot of the commercials appeal to them but the game will, and if they come in playing with their kids. Good post, thank you for the reply xD

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
dounuts44 wrote:

I went from now and then to regularly playing 1-2 hours every evening. By December, my balance hit legend. But not before I created another wizard for me. And I have been hooked ever since! I am now playing about 3-4 hours a day, and longer on weekends.

Yes definitely.

I would imagine going into a coffee house where at a table sits: a 7 year old girl in a ballet shoes, a retired air force pilot, a college engineer student and a mom of 4 all chatting about a common goal. Seem unlikely in real life , but you can get that in any battle, in the spiral, any time. And it does happen - and I think it's great!

I'm coming up on my anniversary soon and I have grown as a wizard and a gamer. (And I hope to continue to do so.) I like helping fellow wizards and will pass any helpful tips that I learned. Overall - I play for the love of the game, and the quest to always be better!

It really is kind of cool to think of how many different people are playing at the same time with this game. When I played WoW everyone i played with you could easily assume everyone was the same you know college kids or adults getting off of work just to play the game. But here you can expect anyone you know when I ran a waterworks run I remember one of the ladies i was running was a grandma, one was a guy in college, and the other one was a kid, and it is kind of cool the diversity you get in this game which most other games can't say they have lol. Well congratulations on your up coming wizard anniversary, and thank you for the post xD

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Moribund wrote:
A friend and I were looking after a 7 year old when a commercial came on that reminded me of the game play in Magic: The Gathering, a card game I excelled at and used to enjoy in my high school days. As I was bored and a new account was free, I gave it a shot. A few months later I have six legendary wizards.

My game time currently is inconsistent. When new content comes out, I eagerly play through it with all six wizards, then my interests begins to wane as too soon there is little left to do. Then new content comes out and the cycle begins again.

I would play more if it were easier to find groups or people who want help; it seems like everyone just wants to solo. As I have multiple maxed out characters, I can usually get a Waterworks group easy enough, but there is only so many times you want to do that in a row. :-P

I usually keep up with the message boards, even if I do not post extremely often, as it is interesting to see how others experience the game and potentially where Wizard101’s future will go.

Quitting is not in the near future for me. There are far too many spells that need to be slung around the Spiral.

See you in game,

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Oh I know of Magic The Gathering, I myself play Yu Gi Oh and recently got back into that. This game does have that quality when new content comes out like people will just go at it really strong to get that world done, I myself was playing like at least 3 hours a day during the CL and wintertusk releases and then just kind off and on, and just getting on when i had the time. The message boards do keep me on here for sure because I always like to post and just see what happens from it. And you make a really valid point we don't have a lot of big group kind of things and people do tend to stick solo a lot, I think it is do to the fact that you really can solo a lot of it, but when they came out with the waterworks and briskbreeze you saw a lot of strong player teams being formed because you couldn't solo those, so I think if KI keeps making dungeons that are impossible to solo and give really good rewards for completeling them, I think they could see a lot stronger player teams and communities. Thank you for posting xD

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I use to play very time consuming games when I was younger. I was really in to the WoW scene. However, once I started college I realize I didn't have 10 hours a day anymore to put into a game. I needed to find one where I could play casually but still do a bit of grinding on the side.

I found Wizard101 to be the perfect match for me. I can stop playing for a few weeks and not miss out on anything big. I can return and still be where I was before and not have to worry about a ton of new content and being lost again as I always had to do in other games. Of course, it would still be nice if W101 came out with content a bit faster.

I am very happy with the current position I am in and see myself playing for the long term. :)

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
ryanm1990 wrote:
I use to play very time consuming games when I was younger. I was really in to the WoW scene. However, once I started college I realize I didn't have 10 hours a day anymore to put into a game. I needed to find one where I could play casually but still do a bit of grinding on the side.

I found Wizard101 to be the perfect match for me. I can stop playing for a few weeks and not miss out on anything big. I can return and still be where I was before and not have to worry about a ton of new content and being lost again as I always had to do in other games. Of course, it would still be nice if W101 came out with content a bit faster.

I am very happy with the current position I am in and see myself playing for the long term. :)

I was into the WoW scene to and that is a really good point. When i was playing WoW i would raid for some 7 hours straight at a time because that was what was required lol. And at one point I was on top of WoW I had the best gear, like a really good raider. And for problems irl i had to quit wow for like a month, I come back in like 3 weeks I went from being like an uber player to being obseclete, and I couldn't even get back up because no one wanted to run with me because it was that bad lol. On Wizard101 I can take leave for whatever it may be vacation, problems irl, or work. And come back and i'm still where I am. But i do agree I would love to see content come out a lot faster, I pvp in my spare time on this game but I really enjoy questing and Leveling over PvP. Thank you for posting xD

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
There are some die-hard fans who will follow the game through out bad and good but, the reason they are die-hard fans is because of the kingsisle people (sorry don't know the right term) making the game so good. I have only played 3 years and only been member (gift card) about 6 months I stayed on the 3 years of the gaming trying to level fighting monsters now i have 1 wizard character named Ryan Titantamer Pyromancer level 60. Can I be considered a die hard fan?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
pkgore1234 wrote:
There are some die-hard fans who will follow the game through out bad and good but, the reason they are die-hard fans is because of the kingsisle people (sorry don't know the right term) making the game so good. I have only played 3 years and only been member (gift card) about 6 months I stayed on the 3 years of the gaming trying to level fighting monsters now i have 1 wizard character named Ryan Titantamer Pyromancer level 60. Can I be considered a die hard fan?

Three years wow. That is like when the game was created so of course your a die hard fan. If you have stuck by them from the start and still are with them that is pretty devoted xD.

Community Leader
And if so why? Like what brings you back? what keeps you playing this game? What makes you not want to play this game? And do you think that this game being mostly intended for childern but with a big adult following does anyone feel that changes how you feel about the game or if it affects staying with the game?

I am what one would call a older player and plan on playing Wizard101 for years to come. My family and relations all play. I am fully devoted to Wizard101, even though I play other games my main attention stays with Wizard101. I stay with wizard101 because of the game I always seem to have something to do. I love the family style of playing. I came to wizard101 because I was looking for this type of game play, yes it has kids safety in mind and I absolutely adore that aspect of the game .

Now let me talk about the Wizard101 community . I have not seen a great fan base like this is such a long time. I have met so many great friends with in the community. I have seen them ban together to help promote this wonderful game they love . I have seen them ban together to help others. So yeah a gaming community is a very big part.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:

I am what one would call a older player and plan on playing Wizard101 for years to come. My family and relations all play. I am fully devoted to Wizard101, even though I play other games my main attention stays with Wizard101. I stay with wizard101 because of the game I always seem to have something to do. I love the family style of playing. I came to wizard101 because I was looking for this type of game play, yes it has kids safety in mind and I absolutely adore that aspect of the game .

Now let me talk about the Wizard101 community . I have not seen a great fan base like this is such a long time. I have met so many great friends with in the community. I have seen them ban together to help promote this wonderful game they love . I have seen them ban together to help others. So yeah a gaming community is a very big part.

Always good to see another devoted player to wizard101. And it is again showing that wizard101 draws a strong community from the family perspective, and I think that the family kind of community that they build is much stronger than what other MMOs have. And also thank you for posting xD