Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defence VS Attack

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Do you think attack or defense is better?

Attack - No attack means the battle getting nowhere.
Defense - No defence means losing quickly.

So my question is... who do YOU think would win if these two players versed?

Diviner - Lvl60
Health: 2479
Attack: 50%(all)
Defense: 0% (all)

Thaumaturge - Lvl60
Health: 3446
Attack: 0%(Ice) 0%(others)
Defense: 50%(all)

You can include blades and stuff like that...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Diviner - Lvl60

Thaumaturge - Lvl60

First off, you really can't compare the 2 straight out like that. Ice, has a very powerful attack! Ice can get +40% attack strength, plus can use +45 IceBlade, +40% IceBlade, +35% Elemental Blade, +30% DragonBlade, +225 Gargantuan to any spell, Ice is Very Powerful!

Also, Ice has 37% Resist All, plus 10% spell proof from pet, plus 10% Spell Defy from pet, so Ice can have almost 60% resist all attacks! And has Health above 3500, with 82 to 87% power pip chance!

Also, Ice has a powerful DOT spell, so even if you shield, it will do massive damage each round! Plus Ice has fire and storm shields and Tower Shields!

Now storm, who has 65% attack strength, 150 critical hit points. Storms Defenses varies on the users preferences. Yet, with just a Vengeance Aura and Gargantuan, Wild Bolt can deal over 4000 damage with a critical hit, for only 2 pips! But, Storm does not have a DOT, unless you count storm elf, but you could always cast him, then break out your mega attacks!

So, who can win? Who has their cards ready, who hits thier criticals, who gets their shields up, who goes first? It's anyones game!

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Diviner - Lvl60

Thaumaturge - Lvl60

First off, you really can't compare the 2 straight out like that. Ice, has a very powerful attack! Ice can get +40% attack strength, plus can use +45 IceBlade, +40% IceBlade, +35% Elemental Blade, +30% DragonBlade, +225 Gargantuan to any spell, Ice is Very Powerful!

Also, Ice has 37% Resist All, plus 10% spell proof from pet, plus 10% Spell Defy from pet, so Ice can have almost 60% resist all attacks! And has Health above 3500, with 82 to 87% power pip chance!

Also, Ice has a powerful DOT spell, so even if you shield, it will do massive damage each round! Plus Ice has fire and storm shields and Tower Shields!

Now storm, who has 65% attack strength, 150 critical hit points. Storms Defenses varies on the users preferences. Yet, with just a Vengeance Aura and Gargantuan, Wild Bolt can deal over 4000 damage with a critical hit, for only 2 pips! But, Storm does not have a DOT, unless you count storm elf, but you could always cast him, then break out your mega attacks!

So, who can win? Who has their cards ready, who hits their criticals, who gets their shields up, who goes first? It's anyones game!
ok ice can use all of those spells except dragonblade you can only use that with a pet which i'm guessing you have also you can only have those resist and spell proofs and stuff from clothes and pets they don't come naturally if you don't believe me switch clothes to other clothes as for storm i don't have 65 % damage to my spells i don't have i don't have 150 critical hit point and i am storm now i am not saying ice is not a good school it is a very powerful school it is very hard to beat an ice wizard all i'm saying is that you can only get those stats through clothes

Joseph Thunderblade Level 60 Legendary Storm Wizard
Joseph Fireflame Level 13 Initiate Fire Wizard

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
in my view you cant really choose one over the other. try to balance to them the best you can maybe choosing a little more defense over attack because storm wizards are very powerful even without the attack bonus not to mention the added blades and traps. Of course if you had an incredible amount of health there would be little need for defense but there really is no way to get a high enough health to use this strategy so ide balance them mostly with a little more favor in defense

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joey110498 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Diviner - Lvl60

Thaumaturge - Lvl60

So, who can win? Who has their cards ready, who hits their criticals, who gets their shields up, who goes first? It's anyones game!
ok ice can use all of those spells except dragonblade you can only use that with a pet which i'm guessing you have also you can only have those resist and spell proofs and stuff from clothes and pets they don't come naturally if you don't believe me switch clothes to other clothes as for storm i don't have 65 % damage to my spells i don't have i don't have 150 critical hit point and i am storm now i am not saying ice is not a good school it is a very powerful school it is very hard to beat an ice wizard all i'm saying is that you can only get those stats through clothes

Joseph Thunderblade Level 60 Legendary Storm Wizard
Joseph Fireflame Level 13 Initiate Fire Wizard

Of course these enhancements are through clothes and pets. Sorry, but most legendary wizards do not run around in novice gear! And, if you are a Legendary Diviner, might I suggest that you finish your crafting quests and become a GrandMaster Artisan! Then, visit the Grotto for a hat recipe, StormRiven for boot recipe, and the Science Center for your robe recipe! Actually, I like the 58 boots better from Queen Calypso, but the Hat and Robe are so much better than the level 58 ones! Anyway, after you complete that, go to GameStop and buy yourself a$20 giftcard. Then you will have a damp demon.

Now, Get a spiney fish from Cuthalla, and train both the Damp Demon and the SpineyFish to adult. Then hatch them together and hope for another Damp Demon. Then train this Damp Demon. You should hopefully get Spritely and Spell Proof, then you can, but not limited to getting some storm qualities. Remember, the more times you hatch, the more likely you are to get active talents. So, you can get storm shot, storm giver, pips, mana, or health. Any of which is great to boost your storm!

My Damp Demon has Spritely, Spell Proof, Storm Shot, and Storm Giver!