Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death vs fire waterworks gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Hi i looked at Deaths waterworks gear compared to mine they have 8% More damage than fires waterworks gear!! I thought fire was stronger than death In the damage category.... T^T

Is there a reason their damage is stronger than fires?? Professor greyrose please answer this question!!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
advtech wrote:
Hi i looked at Deaths waterworks gear compared to mine they have 8% More damage than fires waterworks gear!! I thought fire was stronger than death In the damage category.... T^T

Is there a reason their damage is stronger than fires?? Professor greyrose please answer this question!!

Hey, avtech~ in all likelihood, it's because Fire has higher base damage than Death.

Have you ever played a Death wizard? Our base-damage is extremely low because of our drain spells, which allow us to deal damage and heal ourselves at the same time. Death requires extensive buffing, in order to be effective, so we need all the help we can get~ when bosses critical constantly, we don't always have the time to buff as much as we need, so that 8% could be the difference between life and death for us (bad pun intended, lol).

Our Rank 7 spell (Scarecrow) only does 400 base damage to all~ your Rank 4 spell (Meteor Strike) does more than that, so there's no reason to be upset about a couple extra %. Death needs the boost, trust me.

Off to farm for my WW gear,

El Veeb/Val Deathwhisper
(legendary necromancer)

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
advtech wrote:

Hey, avtech~ in all likelihood, it's because Fire has higher base damage than Death.

Have you ever played a Death wizard? Our base-damage is extremely low because of our drain spells, which allow us to deal damage and heal ourselves at the same time. Death requires extensive buffing, in order to be effective, so we need all the help we can get~ when bosses critical constantly, we don't always have the time to buff as much as we need, so that 8% could be the difference between life and death for us (bad pun intended, lol).

Our Rank 7 spell (Scarecrow) only does 400 base damage to all~ your Rank 4 spell (Meteor Strike) does more than that, so there's no reason to be upset about a couple extra %. Death needs the boost, trust me.

Off to farm for my WW gear,

El Veeb/Val Deathwhisper
(legendary necromancer)

So let me tell you this

If fire is 8% less than death, then what about storm!!! Storm does MUCH more damage then fire or death!!!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
advtech wrote:

So let me tell you this

If fire is 8% less than death, then what about storm!!! Storm does MUCH more damage then fire or death!!!

Unfortuantely, I can't answer that offhand~ I have yet to send a Storm wiz through Waterworks (Sestiva is still a few levels away from 60), though I can probably go on about Balance and Death gear for days. LOL.

To satisfy our curiosity, I went looking for some info on Storm's WW gear... all 7 sets are listed here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161114

From the looks of things, Fire has higher health, block, and resistance than Storm, but Storm has the higher crit rating and damage boosts... Click the link above, and you can check it out for yourself. ;)

Searching for my boots,
El Veeb/Val