Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death is very efficient with training points

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I'm not a Death Wizard, and I don't even have one yet, but I was thinking, in terms of training points, Death is the most efficient school. Why?

1. Death doesn't need heals , so it doesn't need to train in the Life School, since they always heal when attacking .
2. Death gets Feint for free.

So, Death only has to to spend 4 training points for Tower Shield. They get the rest of the benefits for free.

Any school could technically be this efficient, but they wouldn't get the benefits.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
Coming from someone who's main is a Prodigious Death wizard, I still think the life school is worth learning. Especially in the higher levels. You don't want to have to end up using enchanted blades on a sacrifice when you or someone else needs to heal but doesn't have enough pips for a decent hit.

Others may not want to learn the life school but since I had a team mate I found learning life worthwhile,specifically for Satyr. Also, anything can change the tide of battle (team or solo) and sacrifice alone may not be able to save you with low pips, especially if you're using multiple blades with it and don't have the healing side of sacrifice enchanted (If that's even possible).

True, Satyr will cost you four full pips to heal but if you have a high power pip percentage, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. plus it can usually be depended on. I've rarely had that spell fizzle on me when I needed to heal a teammate or myself but was already setup for an attack on the enemy. Hitting myself to heal would've done more harm than good in that situation.
Also, not every single death spell drains so there are times when you have to decide to deal less damage and heal or deal more damage for a possible win. It's pretty much a gamble, as is feint because you never know when an enemy will critical.

That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to argue or start anything. Just getting my thoughts out there.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
At Prodigious, my death has spent 15 on Astral Spells, 6 on Ice (5 for Tower & 1 Stun Block), 5 Balance (Blades, Traps & Reshuffle), and 1 on Shadow Shrike. That's 27 out of 48 points available. None of my other schools are even close to as efficient. I've never found any use for learning Life. If I'm acting as support on my death I just put on Life Mastery and pack some TC. Most of the time I solo so I don't need heals in my deck. If I need healing, I just attack.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
Fable Finder on Sep 4, 2016 wrote:
I'm not a Death Wizard, and I don't even have one yet, but I was thinking, in terms of training points, Death is the most efficient school. Why?

1. Death doesn't need heals , so it doesn't need to train in the Life School, since they always heal when attacking .
2. Death gets Feint for free.

So, Death only has to to spend 4 training points for Tower Shield. They get the rest of the benefits for free.

Any school could technically be this efficient, but they wouldn't get the benefits.
Well not really, there is still much more to buy such as astral spells from Celestia to Azteca, and Shadow spells such as Shrike in Khrysalis, and recently KingsIsle launched new astral spells in the Arcanum. Also with Mirage, a new school may be added. (Alchemy, as we learn in Zafaria that the children of Old Cob are the Rat, The Bat, The Scorpion, and the Spider. Mirage is described as a desert type world, so the Scorpion seems to fit in.)

Isaac FrostBlade lvl. 105
Isaac StormBlade lvl. 110
Jason FireBlade lvl 10

P.S: Sorry for going off topic with the Mirage stuff.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Isaac FrostBlade on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
Well not really, there is still much more to buy such as astral spells from Celestia to Azteca, and Shadow spells such as Shrike in Khrysalis, and recently KingsIsle launched new astral spells in the Arcanum. Also with Mirage, a new school may be added. (Alchemy, as we learn in Zafaria that the children of Old Cob are the Rat, The Bat, The Scorpion, and the Spider. Mirage is described as a desert type world, so the Scorpion seems to fit in.)

Jason FireBlade lvl 10

P.S: Sorry for going off topic with the Mirage stuff.
Still, they could save a lot if they wanted to. But as Katrala says, it depends on your fighting style I suppose.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
Fable Finder on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:
Still, they could save a lot if they wanted to. But as Katrala says, it depends on your fighting style I suppose.
Yes, they could save a lot but I doubt they could even get past Celestia if they did. Can you even imagine fighting bosses without using enchants? (TC would work but if you keep on buying them they tend to destroy your gold.) I know damage could make up for it, and many good damage gear, and good gear in general, are dropped from very challenging bosses, which would make it almost impossible to get gear, because you can't just kill Exalted Malistaire with a few blades and traps and a normal card. (Storm probably would have a chance, if s/he was the attacker, with a team of: Blade/Trap Supporter, and healers, because Storm has access to Glowbugs.)

Jason FireBlade lvl 18 (I havent played in about a week, don't judge pls!)

I am too lazy to finish my ice......

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I'm with Seethe, learning life seems pointless with a death wizard, the most pip efficient way to heal yourself is to use life drain spells. Treasure cards heals are easy to get at the bazaar if you need to heal others or have an emergency.

To add to Seethe's list of trained off school spells for a death wizard, I train myth dispel (vaporize) which for one training point lets me deal with earthquakes. See Mildred Farseer in Colossus avenue. I also train individual shields for ice, fire, and storm, which give me more staying power in long battles.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This is how I train my wizards.

Ice up to tower shield
Sometimes I will train life up to satyr
Death up to feint
Up to epic
Potent trap
Sharp blade
The school aura
Spirit or Elemental Blade