Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Armor from Bosses?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2011
I 've been playing Wizard 101 for a while now, and that means I've seen and defeated tons of bosses. Most of the time, you get armor only for a certain school. I've gotten loads of Life and Myth armor, quite a few Balance armors, a handful of Fire and Ice armor, and I can't say how much times I've gotten Storm armor :? But only two or three times have I gotten death armor. I've acutully had a lot of death armor, but those were for level 5+ :( I know I can sell the armor for loads of money, but I need good armor, not the kind you can buy at shops, because those are weaker than boss drops. Anybody know a good boss that has great Death drops? (I'm level 37,can get into Mooshu, and am almost done with Tatakai Outpost)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Except for Grandmaster and some higher gear, you can find most of the stats you want in items sold at the Bazaar. The "no auction" items usually contain X amount of health and mana, plus accuracy, power, and school-resistance. You can generally find the exact same thing, minus one of the three boosting attributes in the Bazaar.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
daniel2pr wrote:
I 've been playing Wizard 101 for a while now, and that means I've seen and defeated tons of bosses. Most of the time, you get armor only for a certain school. I've gotten loads of Life and Myth armor, quite a few Balance armors, a handful of Fire and Ice armor, and I can't say how much times I've gotten Storm armor :? But only two or three times have I gotten death armor. I've acutully had a lot of death armor, but those were for level 5+ :( I know I can sell the armor for loads of money, but I need good armor, not the kind you can buy at shops, because those are weaker than boss drops. Anybody know a good boss that has great Death drops? (I'm level 37,can get into Mooshu, and am almost done with Tatakai Outpost)

Have you considered doing a boss more than once? You're obviously not going to get everything on your first try, you know!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
There are guides at wizard101central.com for farming bosses for gear.
The only trouble is that most drops, with the exception of Malistare and Waterworks are for a lower level than you need unless you are (way) behind the curve on level advancement.
The best way to get top shelf gear for other levels is to gather it with your first wizard and stash other schools gear in your shared bank for the rest of your wizards.
Occasionally you can find the best gear at the bazaar but it sells as quick as it shows up.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
mman17 wrote:
daniel2pr wrote:

Have you considered doing a boss more than once? You're obviously not going to get everything on your first try, you know!
Now that you say it, I do realize that I only fight bosses once or twice. Mabie if I fight them more often, I'll start to find more Death armor. Although I still don't know why most of the time I don't get Death armor.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
hp1055cm wrote:
There are guides at wizard101central.com for farming bosses for gear.
The only trouble is that most drops, with the exception of Malistare and Waterworks are for a lower level than you need unless you are (way) behind the curve on level advancement.
The best way to get top shelf gear for other levels is to gather it with your first wizard and stash other schools gear in your shared bank for the rest of your wizards.
Occasionally you can find the best gear at the bazaar but it sells as quick as it shows up.
Uh, just so we're clear, I don't have a second wizard