Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death and darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Hello, I am a level 84 death and I heard that people take darkmoor really seriously and most of the time each school has a certain role. I was wondering what my role as a death would be in that dungeon because I would assume i would bring feints and curses with potent traps.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
MightySwashbuckler... on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Hello, I am a level 84 death and I heard that people take darkmoor really seriously and most of the time each school has a certain role. I was wondering what my role as a death would be in that dungeon because I would assume i would bring feints and curses with potent traps.
People may take it seriously since it takes a long time to complete without a good strategy. First you gotta know your cheats since most of the bosses in darkmoor cheat a lot. First take howling canley for example, he cheats a life spear every few rounds and casts a gnome every time someone heals, pet heals, etc. This is not a major cheating boss and is perfectly ok to feint and trap for your death capabilities. On the other hand let's take this further into the dungeon. When you meet shane von shane the first time, you'll see that you can't feint him since he takes it off with a dark pact. He also has a cheat of beguiling every fourth round. To this extent, you must hit shane every round or you may get hit with his cheat vampire every second round and Frankenstein every third round. What's nice about the changes to darkmoor is that life stealing spells actually disable his cycle cheat so your school is pretty useful in that requirement.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
Richard SkullDust on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
People may take it seriously since it takes a long time to complete without a good strategy. First you gotta know your cheats since most of the bosses in darkmoor cheat a lot. First take howling canley for example, he cheats a life spear every few rounds and casts a gnome every time someone heals, pet heals, etc. This is not a major cheating boss and is perfectly ok to feint and trap for your death capabilities. On the other hand let's take this further into the dungeon. When you meet shane von shane the first time, you'll see that you can't feint him since he takes it off with a dark pact. He also has a cheat of beguiling every fourth round. To this extent, you must hit shane every round or you may get hit with his cheat vampire every second round and Frankenstein every third round. What's nice about the changes to darkmoor is that life stealing spells actually disable his cycle cheat so your school is pretty useful in that requirement.
Since i can see you know your stuff.
Is there any room for a myth wizard?
Will people accept a myth into their team once i reach there?
because as far as I can see the only thing myth can really do is summon minions. I guess earthquake also works but removes all traps too which i find that people don't really like.
Could you please tell me what role a myth wizard would have?

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
dragonhelper2000 on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
because as far as I can see the only thing myth can really do is summon minions. I guess earthquake also works but removes all traps too which i find that people don't really like.
A myth wizard would be especially helpful with shatters and pierces in hand, as well as being a secondary hitter unless you have mass amounts of damage. Earthquake is basically your best friend in most of the battles in darkmoor since some bosses take off traps that you put on them. Just be careful not to earthquake a school trap like backdraft or curses and such. Earthquake can deal with a lot of blading cheats that malistaire, shane von shane part 2, and yevgeny has. Overall, myth is essentially a great utility to use in Darkmoor.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
dragonhelper2000 on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Also don't worry about if people will accept you or not, myth is a great school to use in this dungeon. There are some people who just leave without reason but I hope that won't happen too many times to you, anyways happy farming!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Actually, death can go as a hitter or support player, since they're the only school who can cast weakness on the bosses and have it STAY on (note: it has to be plague or virulent plague, singles will not do)

when I first ran darkmoor, I was a support death, spamming all 4 weaknesses (20/40 trained, 25/45 tc) really kept the opposing damage low, and empowerment on yourself kept the pips coming for easy spams

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Myth is a great school to use in any dungeon. My Myth has high damage (105), great resist, fantastic pet, and with a change of hat and/or boots, I can focus on block or crit. All of this is WITHOUT Darkmoor gear. I've tried to take my Myth in, but because she's "not the perfect school", no one wants her, or they leave after the first battle and I'm stuck alone and unable to complete the first DM dungeon.

My Death is excellent to use, but alas, he's not "the perfect school" to go in with others. The problem is, Death can do everything on their own, including keeping alive when others can't heal because of the cheats. Once again, I have never been able to complete the first DM dungeon because he's not included or people leave before I can finish. At least in the first dungeon, because you can't blade yourself, no one wants to blade me, even when I offer to give them blades. Everyone wants to blade the fire or storm (which is fine), but when they don't have a hit, and I can one-shot the boss, it stinks when I don't get help.

Darkmoor is a tough cookie to get into (sometimes) and tough to complete (without cooperation from others). At this point, all I want is my spells. The gear I have now can get me through anything I need, but I would just like to get the spells on ALL my wizards!