Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor is too easy now

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Ruthless Anthony on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Here's the thing:

No matter what Kingsisle does to this game, people will hate it and people will love it. People will say it is too easy and people will say it is too hard. When you are a huge developer, you simply can't win over every single player you have. The majority thought Darkmoor to be too hard and I agree with them. It was doable but it took me up to hours sometimes and that is a lot of time to spend on one dungeon, especially when farming it.
Here's the thing, Darkmoor is not required for anything, it was meant to be a challenging side dungeon with great rewards like TOTH (Tower Of The Helephant) was for legendary wizards. Removing the challenge from it fixed nothing, now it's just an easy way to get gear like waterworks or exalted duels are.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
So for those of you who said I should try challenging myself, I indirectly did yesterday. My death became exalted 2 days ago and I was speeding through the first 2 dungeons, after that I did the last dungeon 3 times yesterday and my teams were not the best, making it more challenging, however it was still easy. Let me start off with the 1st group, which consisted of a storm with low crit (500), an ice, my death and a random death that was trying to hit instead of blading the storm. So we had no hitter, the storm was 2nd in Malistaire and the ice was last. It seemed like a hopeless cause but guess what? No one died during the entire dungeon and we finished REALLY QUICK. For the 2nd dungeon, I went with an exalted storm, a balance and the same ice with my death wizard. Obviously, exalted wizards have low crit so I expected it to take a while. Guess what? It was also super easy. The 3rd time, I brought the same group but this time, 3 of us had to go afk for 5 min at the SAME TIME. Of course this time, we had to flee but we still made it through just fine.

Is this what you people consider a challenge?

Lvl 110
Lvl 100
Lvl 27

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
Adam Wintersinger on May 12, 2016 wrote:
So for those of you who said I should try challenging myself, I indirectly did yesterday. My death became exalted 2 days ago and I was speeding through the first 2 dungeons, after that I did the last dungeon 3 times yesterday and my teams were not the best, making it more challenging, however it was still easy. Let me start off with the 1st group, which consisted of a storm with low crit (500), an ice, my death and a random death that was trying to hit instead of blading the storm. So we had no hitter, the storm was 2nd in Malistaire and the ice was last. It seemed like a hopeless cause but guess what? No one died during the entire dungeon and we finished REALLY QUICK. For the 2nd dungeon, I went with an exalted storm, a balance and the same ice with my death wizard. Obviously, exalted wizards have low crit so I expected it to take a while. Guess what? It was also super easy. The 3rd time, I brought the same group but this time, 3 of us had to go afk for 5 min at the SAME TIME. Of course this time, we had to flee but we still made it through just fine.

Is this what you people consider a challenge?

Lvl 110
Lvl 100
Lvl 27
Sounds like you aren't having any fun. Take a break from the game. See you when you get back.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Mr Talon on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Sounds like you aren't having any fun. Take a break from the game. See you when you get back.
If the game isn't fun, there's no reason to come back. Taking all the difficulty out made it not fun - and since everyone wants to wand hit everything, that's probably the way the rest will be made. Why would he come back?

That's why I don't understand the attitude, "Sorry, don't like it? Go away." It's far more troubling than "There are two or three things you can't do because you can't or won't play with others. Either adjust or skip them, you still have 99.9% of the game to enjoy."

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Mr Talon on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Sounds like you aren't having any fun. Take a break from the game. See you when you get back.
Still have 1 more month of my member left

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
Adam Wintersinger on May 12, 2016 wrote:
So for those of you who said I should try challenging myself, I indirectly did yesterday. My death became exalted 2 days ago and I was speeding through the first 2 dungeons, after that I did the last dungeon 3 times yesterday and my teams were not the best, making it more challenging, however it was still easy. Let me start off with the 1st group, which consisted of a storm with low crit (500), an ice, my death and a random death that was trying to hit instead of blading the storm. So we had no hitter, the storm was 2nd in Malistaire and the ice was last. It seemed like a hopeless cause but guess what? No one died during the entire dungeon and we finished REALLY QUICK. For the 2nd dungeon, I went with an exalted storm, a balance and the same ice with my death wizard. Obviously, exalted wizards have low crit so I expected it to take a while. Guess what? It was also super easy. The 3rd time, I brought the same group but this time, 3 of us had to go afk for 5 min at the SAME TIME. Of course this time, we had to flee but we still made it through just fine.

Is this what you people consider a challenge?

Lvl 110
Lvl 100
Lvl 27
500 is not low Crit. My Storm has 172 Crit.

Aside from Crit rating, what else did you do to handicap yourself? Doesn't sound like much. Here:

Challenge 1: Solo Darkmoor.

Challenge 2: Do Darkmoor without using any Shadow spells. (including all team mates)

Challenge 3: Do Darkmoor with nothing higher than Khrysalis crafted gear, and no card pack gear. (including all team mates)

Challenge 4: Do Darkmoor without using any Astral or non-primary school spells. (including all team mates)

Challenge 5: All of the above.

That's what I consider a challenge. Sure, maybe it'll still be like super easy. And if it is, great! Maybe I'll give it a shot myself some time.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
PaigeGoldenspear on May 12, 2016 wrote:
If the game isn't fun, there's no reason to come back. Taking all the difficulty out made it not fun - and since everyone wants to wand hit everything, that's probably the way the rest will be made. Why would he come back?

That's why I don't understand the attitude, "Sorry, don't like it? Go away." It's far more troubling than "There are two or three things you can't do because you can't or won't play with others. Either adjust or skip them, you still have 99.9% of the game to enjoy."
Just because the game isn't fun (for you or him) at the moment doesn't mean it won't ever be fun again. I've stopped playing many times when I wasn't satisfied and then later resumed playing the game.

I think it's better to tell him to take break and come back when you're more interested then to keep posting about your displeasure with the direction of the game. But that's just me.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
High Five Ghost on May 12, 2016 wrote:
500 is not low Crit. My Storm has 172 Crit.

Aside from Crit rating, what else did you do to handicap yourself? Doesn't sound like much. Here:

Challenge 1: Solo Darkmoor.

Challenge 2: Do Darkmoor without using any Shadow spells. (including all team mates)

Challenge 3: Do Darkmoor with nothing higher than Khrysalis crafted gear, and no card pack gear. (including all team mates)

Challenge 4: Do Darkmoor without using any Astral or non-primary school spells. (including all team mates)

Challenge 5: All of the above.

That's what I consider a challenge. Sure, maybe it'll still be like super easy. And if it is, great! Maybe I'll give it a shot myself some time.
1. Someone has already done this before so no point in me doing it.
2. I would if I was storm but I'm fire and Dragon is trash.
3. Just makes it slower, no point.
4. Easy
5. Waste of time
As for critical, 500 crit is low as storms can easily get 600 with no effort (all you need is kris crit hat, Darkmoor robe, Rasputin boots, terror wand, Darkmoor amulet, Aphrodite ring or Baba Yaga ring and Rasputin deck) and 172 is just plain disappointing, either you aren't even trying, wearing waterworks gear or you're low lvl because even the hood of desert rains gives more critical than what you have.

Also, keep in mind that I won't do Darkmoor for no reason so I'm not interested in doing challenges on my wizards, all it would do would slow me down, not make it any harder and waste my teammates' time.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Mr Talon on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Just because the game isn't fun (for you or him) at the moment doesn't mean it won't ever be fun again. I've stopped playing many times when I wasn't satisfied and then later resumed playing the game.

I think it's better to tell him to take break and come back when you're more interested then to keep posting about your displeasure with the direction of the game. But that's just me.
OR a customer expressing one's displeasure about the direction of the game might just inspire a fix to the game to keep its customers. Something KI should be interested in at this moment.

In any case, I'm done responding. You keep telling people to quit; not sure how that keeps the game in existence.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
141
I can assure you that when you've done darkmoor 34 times and still empty-handed gear wise, you will think it is difficult.

Survivor
May 22, 2012
14
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
So, I was helping my brother's ice with darkmoor on my and I realized that Darkmoor was SUPER EASY! I got through Yevgeny and Shane in 4 rounds and Mali took 12.
Not only that but Mali's pierce went from 70 to 40. Don't you think this is too little of a challenge compared to what it once was? I knew about the December Darkmoor nerf, it made Darkmoor easy but recently they nerfed it again with the Spring update. Neither of these nerfs were necessary imo. I'll admit, the Dec. nerf was somewhat necessary but only for critical and block, the health and pips were completely unnecessary. Some may think I'm ungrateful about these nerfs but tbh, Darkmoor is not a challenge anymore. Nothing in this game is anymore. Soloing is a different story however (so don't reply to this saying that I can't solo it). Rasputin, Omen and Malistaire are considered to be the hardest bosses in the game however none of these bosses are even HARD. Which is why I propose that we buff Darkmoor.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27
Why don't you and those that want more of a challenge, remove your darkmoor gear, remove your good gear remove your pets, join just randoms in team up, go inside with less people or solo, go with menu chatters that want good gear but no-one will help them. I haven't tried the dungeon since it was made easier but it was far too hard before. It's fine if you have the perfect group but most people have to go in with strangers that end up letting you down and leaving without warning. Thank you to KI for making it more doable, Darkmoor was NOT fun but like most we tried for a rare shot a good gear.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
Adam Wintersinger on May 13, 2016 wrote:
1. Someone has already done this before so no point in me doing it.
2. I would if I was storm but I'm fire and Dragon is trash.
3. Just makes it slower, no point.
4. Easy
5. Waste of time
As for critical, 500 crit is low as storms can easily get 600 with no effort (all you need is kris crit hat, Darkmoor robe, Rasputin boots, terror wand, Darkmoor amulet, Aphrodite ring or Baba Yaga ring and Rasputin deck) and 172 is just plain disappointing, either you aren't even trying, wearing waterworks gear or you're low lvl because even the hood of desert rains gives more critical than what you have.

Also, keep in mind that I won't do Darkmoor for no reason so I'm not interested in doing challenges on my wizards, all it would do would slow me down, not make it any harder and waste my teammates' time.
This is why it's likely your concerns will be read but probably won't lead anywhere.

First your cavalier view of critical rating. You speak as though everybody has all of this gear you speak of. Well the thing is, they don't. KI knows this.

Second you keep saying you don't want to handicap yourself in any way because it will just slow you down and waste your teammates' time. Well so would increasing the difficulty of the dungeon. If you don't want to waste time, then the new difficulty level should be absolutely perfect.

So far all you've done is indirectly expressed pros for the very thing you say you are displeased with. You need to come up with cons for the nerf or pros for reversing it, and, "I liked it better before," isn't really a compelling argument. KI has thousands upon thousands of customers to please. If you want something to change, you have to build a strong case, like the people who managed to get it nerfed.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Sure. Doing Darkmoor over and over and over again, you know what you're doing. Sure, it's considered easy when you've got some or all of that precious farmed gear and you've done Darkmoor hundreds of times.

There are still tens of thousands of people (or even millions?) that haven't been through it, or consider it difficult because no one will let them in (or desert them after one battle), or can't go in because they aren't fully geared (which is ironically expected now) that random teammates expect you to already have (which is why you're going through it in the first place, duh).

What YOU believe is easy is not what others believe, so let's just leave it at that. There is always going to be a division between the have and have nots. Those that spend 24/7 farming and those that .... well, don't (and can't).

Survivor
May 22, 2012
14
Adam Wintersinger on May 13, 2016 wrote:
1. Someone has already done this before so no point in me doing it.
2. I would if I was storm but I'm fire and Dragon is trash.
3. Just makes it slower, no point.
4. Easy
5. Waste of time
As for critical, 500 crit is low as storms can easily get 600 with no effort (all you need is kris crit hat, Darkmoor robe, Rasputin boots, terror wand, Darkmoor amulet, Aphrodite ring or Baba Yaga ring and Rasputin deck) and 172 is just plain disappointing, either you aren't even trying, wearing waterworks gear or you're low lvl because even the hood of desert rains gives more critical than what you have.

Also, keep in mind that I won't do Darkmoor for no reason so I'm not interested in doing challenges on my wizards, all it would do would slow me down, not make it any harder and waste my teammates' time.
I think we'll see now you're all huff and puff, It's not challenging blah blah blah. Then when people suggest ways to make it harder to give people like you something to get their teeth in, out come the excuses. It's clear that you don't really want challenging.

I wonder if it's about stopping other people from getting the best gear? so when it comes to PVP you're sitting pretty as a warlord with a competitive edge over your opponent, showing off to your friends, claiming "easy, easy, easy!"

The people that really want challenges are the ones that try and do a tough dungeon solo, they don't care if anyone else has done it, I just want to prove it themselves.

I recall when Polaris was new. I saw wizards questing that were wearing gear that offered little more than a level 30 in regards to damage and resistance. You can bet your bottom dollar that they thought the game was challenging. So perhaps when the next world comes out why don't you restrict yourself to a similar setup? Then you can solo until a tough dungeon, then just random team up not joining anyone you know, with no knowledge of the cheats ahead of you(Like many of the people who go into darkmoor with no idea what is ahead and potentially a 5+ hour dungeon)… Watch people abandon the dungeon because they're not playing with some "noob", then when you do actually do the dungeon and you find out that the game is challenging if you want it to be.

In fact why don't you make PVP more challenging, remove your Mali gear, then wear some level 58 or less gear And give yourself a real handicap against prodigious warlords. You did after all, said there are no real challenges in the game, right?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
High Five Ghost on May 14, 2016 wrote:
This is why it's likely your concerns will be read but probably won't lead anywhere.

First your cavalier view of critical rating. You speak as though everybody has all of this gear you speak of. Well the thing is, they don't. KI knows this.

Second you keep saying you don't want to handicap yourself in any way because it will just slow you down and waste your teammates' time. Well so would increasing the difficulty of the dungeon. If you don't want to waste time, then the new difficulty level should be absolutely perfect.

So far all you've done is indirectly expressed pros for the very thing you say you are displeased with. You need to come up with cons for the nerf or pros for reversing it, and, "I liked it better before," isn't really a compelling argument. KI has thousands upon thousands of customers to please. If you want something to change, you have to build a strong case, like the people who managed to get it nerfed.
Need a compelling argument to make this dungeon harder? How about how op the gear is? You gain like 1k health, 10 damage, lots of pierce, resist, block and accuracy. You don't need this gear when you're questing either and it's not part of the main storyline. Let me ask you: should the best gear in the game be so easy to farm for? It shouldn't, this dungeon is honestly easier than lvl 60s doing he tower of Helephant, now that was a CHALLENGE and the rewards weren't as good as Darkmoor. As for the crit gear, it's true that not everyone has it but there are easy viable alternatives such as the kris crit hat, robe, bazaar boots with crit, Mali wand or something with high crit, Darkmoor amulet, crit jewels, bazaar crit ring and a bazaar deck. NOW all of this is so easy to get, either bought or crafted.

I don't seek to handicap myself because it would prove very little. So what if I can do it with weak gear? What does that prove? Does it prove I'm good? Does it prove Darkmoor is easy?

I tell you this again: this dungeon is optional

Lvl 110
Lvl 101
Lvl 27

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
BrynnerOfReign on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Sure. Doing Darkmoor over and over and over again, you know what you're doing. Sure, it's considered easy when you've got some or all of that precious farmed gear and you've done Darkmoor hundreds of times.

There are still tens of thousands of people (or even millions?) that haven't been through it, or consider it difficult because no one will let them in (or desert them after one battle), or can't go in because they aren't fully geared (which is ironically expected now) that random teammates expect you to already have (which is why you're going through it in the first place, duh).

What YOU believe is easy is not what others believe, so let's just leave it at that. There is always going to be a division between the have and have nots. Those that spend 24/7 farming and those that .... well, don't (and can't).
I've been through teams that leave and I've had to wait as much as 30 minutes just to get a team and let me say that the 2 Darkmoor nerfs did nothing to fix this. I feel like I'm having to wait as long for a team nowadays as back before Polaris. This problem will continue to exist even if they buff it

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
It is clear that many don't understand our point of view. Darkmoor when it was released was advertised as a place specifically for the hardcore segment of the w101 community. This community has no other outlet in the w101 main game which is designed to be completed by the lowest common denominator. I am supportive of this design principle for the main game as I believe everyone deserves an opportunity to complete that

Darkmoor on the other hand is optional side content. It is not required for completing the main game and the gear offered there is not vaguely required for anything PvE has to offer. This is why this nerf is disappointing- we finally had one SIDE area of the game where we felt most at home and it has been taken away. For those who say that we can "make out own challenge" by removing gear, spells, pets etc. Why should we have to do that? Why should the game have NO areas that pose a challenge to those who have put in the time and dedication to design their wizard to be the best that they can be? Despite common belief, it is fun to many players to be able to compete at 100% of their capability and that is what the old DM offered. I am surprised that so many are in support of a game that lets you steamroll everything in your way once you have finally acquired the best it has to offer.

In terms of the gear being necessary for PvP and the drop rate being inconsistent. This I can agree with. This is a problem with KI's drop rate system which is a longstanding issue that should be addressed from that end. Improved drop rates or better yet a token system that lets you earn your gear after a certain amount of battles would have all been excellent modifications to DM that could have left the difficulty intact. Instead, now we have a dungeon with lowered drop rates and a difficulty level that is still above the threshold for many casual players but fails to appeal to the hardcore players this dungeon was designed for. To me that is a failure on all counts.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
Adam Wintersinger on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Need a compelling argument to make this dungeon harder? How about how op the gear is? You gain like 1k health, 10 damage, lots of pierce, resist, block and accuracy. You don't need this gear when you're questing either and it's not part of the main storyline. Let me ask you: should the best gear in the game be so easy to farm for? It shouldn't, this dungeon is honestly easier than lvl 60s doing he tower of Helephant, now that was a CHALLENGE and the rewards weren't as good as Darkmoor. As for the crit gear, it's true that not everyone has it but there are easy viable alternatives such as the kris crit hat, robe, bazaar boots with crit, Mali wand or something with high crit, Darkmoor amulet, crit jewels, bazaar crit ring and a bazaar deck. NOW all of this is so easy to get, either bought or crafted.

I don't seek to handicap myself because it would prove very little. So what if I can do it with weak gear? What does that prove? Does it prove I'm good? Does it prove Darkmoor is easy?

I tell you this again: this dungeon is optional

Lvl 110
Lvl 101
Lvl 27
Well on one hand you ask if the best gear in the game should be easy to farm for, and on the other you say the gear is unnecessary. So if it's unnecessary, who cares how easy or difficult it is to obtain?

It helps in PvP and probably most people in PvP already have it, so what difference does it make if PvE players wind up with it? It's not going to do them any good, right?

As for crit, here's the thing... not everybody builds their wizard the same as you. Critical isn't a stat everybody focuses on.

That is why you need a compelling argument. You look at this only from your perspective. You want a challenge? Try looking at things through other people's eyes. KI has thousands of customers asking for changes all the time. You not only have to prove why you're right, but why they're wrong, or even better yet how your idea is a win-win for as many people as possible.

It's ironic that you feel the need to point out (again) that the dungeon is optional. I'll let you think about that for a while.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
Eric Stormbringer on May 15, 2016 wrote:
It is clear that many don't understand our point of view. Darkmoor when it was released was advertised as a place specifically for the hardcore segment of the w101 community. This community has no other outlet in the w101 main game which is designed to be completed by the lowest common denominator. I am supportive of this design principle for the main game as I believe everyone deserves an opportunity to complete that

Darkmoor on the other hand is optional side content. It is not required for completing the main game and the gear offered there is not vaguely required for anything PvE has to offer. This is why this nerf is disappointing- we finally had one SIDE area of the game where we felt most at home and it has been taken away. For those who say that we can "make out own challenge" by removing gear, spells, pets etc. Why should we have to do that? Why should the game have NO areas that pose a challenge to those who have put in the time and dedication to design their wizard to be the best that they can be? Despite common belief, it is fun to many players to be able to compete at 100% of their capability and that is what the old DM offered. I am surprised that so many are in support of a game that lets you steamroll everything in your way once you have finally acquired the best it has to offer.

In terms of the gear being necessary for PvP and the drop rate being inconsistent. This I can agree with. This is a problem with KI's drop rate system which is a longstanding issue that should be addressed from that end. Improved drop rates or better yet a token system that lets you earn your gear after a certain amount of battles would have all been excellent modifications to DM that could have left the difficulty intact. Instead, now we have a dungeon with lowered drop rates and a difficulty level that is still above the threshold for many casual players but fails to appeal to the hardcore players this dungeon was designed for. To me that is a failure on all counts.
Because "the best that they can be" is a subjective term. When everybody has the same spells, the only difference becomes strategy and gear. And if people read strategy guides and everybody goes in with the same strategy, the only difference becomes gear. When the only difference is gear, that often times has less to do with player skill than it does time and money. I don't agree that Darkmoor should only be possible if you have money to spend on card packs (I remember when it first came out, I would see people standing at the front door waiting until someone with full Jade Armor came along), or the time to farm other dungeons until you get lucky enough to get the best drops.

I do agree that there are other solutions to this problem than just a universal nerf to dungeons. Tiers and scalability are also options that I think they're overlooking. It may be something they're working on and we just have to wait, but there certainly are options that can make it appealing to more people without taking anything away from others.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Eric Stormbringer on May 15, 2016 wrote:
It is clear that many don't understand our point of view. Darkmoor when it was released was advertised as a place specifically for the hardcore segment of the w101 community. This community has no other outlet in the w101 main game which is designed to be completed by the lowest common denominator. I am supportive of this design principle for the main game as I believe everyone deserves an opportunity to complete that

Darkmoor on the other hand is optional side content. It is not required for completing the main game and the gear offered there is not vaguely required for anything PvE has to offer. This is why this nerf is disappointing- we finally had one SIDE area of the game where we felt most at home and it has been taken away. For those who say that we can "make out own challenge" by removing gear, spells, pets etc. Why should we have to do that? Why should the game have NO areas that pose a challenge to those who have put in the time and dedication to design their wizard to be the best that they can be? Despite common belief, it is fun to many players to be able to compete at 100% of their capability and that is what the old DM offered. I am surprised that so many are in support of a game that lets you steamroll everything in your way once you have finally acquired the best it has to offer.

In terms of the gear being necessary for PvP and the drop rate being inconsistent. This I can agree with. This is a problem with KI's drop rate system which is a longstanding issue that should be addressed from that end. Improved drop rates or better yet a token system that lets you earn your gear after a certain amount of battles would have all been excellent modifications to DM that could have left the difficulty intact. Instead, now we have a dungeon with lowered drop rates and a difficulty level that is still above the threshold for many casual players but fails to appeal to the hardcore players this dungeon was designed for. To me that is a failure on all counts.
Exactly, some people are forgetting what the word OPTIONAL means

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Ethan LegendBlade on May 13, 2016 wrote:
I can assure you that when you've done darkmoor 34 times and still empty-handed gear wise, you will think it is difficult.
Since when did the drop rates affect the difficulty of a dungeon? I went through Darkmoor 20 times on my balance to get the full set and it was REALLY EASY.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
High Five Ghost on May 15, 2016 wrote:
Because "the best that they can be" is a subjective term. When everybody has the same spells, the only difference becomes strategy and gear. And if people read strategy guides and everybody goes in with the same strategy, the only difference becomes gear. When the only difference is gear, that often times has less to do with player skill than it does time and money. I don't agree that Darkmoor should only be possible if you have money to spend on card packs (I remember when it first came out, I would see people standing at the front door waiting until someone with full Jade Armor came along), or the time to farm other dungeons until you get lucky enough to get the best drops.

I do agree that there are other solutions to this problem than just a universal nerf to dungeons. Tiers and scalability are also options that I think they're overlooking. It may be something they're working on and we just have to wait, but there certainly are options that can make it appealing to more people without taking anything away from others.
It is the people who make the guides: the trendsetters, the strategists that drew the most enjoyment from original darkmoor. Contrary to popular belief it does not take any hoard gear or farmed gear to successfully complete DM. I myself did many runs in crafted gear. I have had friends have successful runs in energy gear. The most important part of DM is teamwork and coordination.

If tiers are in the making I would much prefer those to nerfing an area to the point where it is no longer enjoyable for the people it was supposedly made to target.

Defender
May 17, 2014
166
No, Dakrmoore was absolutely horrible back when it was released. Myself and 3 other buddies who I was on skype with were doing it with good strategies and yet it still took 3 hours. I say buff it, but not make it like it was before. Make it doable in half an hour (the best) to two hours (the not-so-best)

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Nicole ShadowSong on May 17, 2016 wrote:
No, Dakrmoore was absolutely horrible back when it was released. Myself and 3 other buddies who I was on skype with were doing it with good strategies and yet it still took 3 hours. I say buff it, but not make it like it was before. Make it doable in half an hour (the best) to two hours (the not-so-best)
So, the original version then?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Since some people don't understand why I want this dungeon to be buffed, let me ask you a question. Would you still enjoy the game if everything had the same difficult level as Univorn Way? I probably wouldn't because it would get boring quick.