Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cuss Words

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
In wizard 101 i have seen many wizards who have creatively (and i say that as a bad thing) say cuss words. Such as the f bomb and other numerous dirty language words. I think the wizard 101 adminstrators should make their free chat filter even more secure. Such as looking at the word and thinking about wha it could be. I report everybody who say things like this, just trying to keep the game safe. Austin Shadowwraith.............Incognito Legendary Myth

Administrator
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
When you see people doing that the report button is your best friend. Please use it. I also report people for R rated and X rated conversations. It never ceases to amaze me what people will say out loud in the game. Then they wonder why they get reported.

Megan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
When you see people doing that the report button is your best friend. Please use it. I also report people for R rated and X rated conversations. It never ceases to amaze me what people will say out loud in the game. Then they wonder why they get reported.

Megan

I too wonder why these wizards do this in the Commons or frequented areas. They could easily go to a house and carry on whatever conversions they want with friends who share the need to carry on like that. I'm almost certain they do it for the attention and probably don't care if they get muted or banned.

Defender
May 12, 2009
I've also heard many people go around the filters. It gets rude and annoying since I am not an adult player.

Explorer
May 28, 2011
ezrajoseph wrote:
I've also heard many people go around the filters. It gets rude and annoying since I am not an adult player.

yeah it is just sad that people mess up an awesome game like this i can't belive that my five year old sister plays with other players that have figured out how to get past the filters it would be really bad if she went around saying stuff she saw in the game

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
heroscapefan wrote:
ezrajoseph wrote:

yeah it is just sad that people mess up an awesome game like this i can't belive that my five year old sister plays with other players that have figured out how to get past the filters it would be really bad if she went around saying stuff she saw in the game
yea that is bad but am lucky because i never see any one do that.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

Megan

I know, right? It's disgusting the things people will say in this game just out in public. I don't know if I can even say this on the Forums, but some guy I was helping in Wintertusk randomly asked me if I was "bye" because his friend needed a boy. Why would you ask anyone such a question, nevermind asking someone that you don't know from a hole in the wall?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

Megan

I know, right? It's disgusting the things people will say in this game just out in public. I don't know if I can even say this on the Forums, but some guy I was helping in Wintertusk randomly asked me if I was "bye" because his friend needed a boy. Why would you ask anyone such a question, nevermind asking someone that you don't know from a hole in the wall?

Wow that is abnormal. I try to refrain from reporting everytime if I think something is going around the chat filters because if you have noticed you can have examples of words that are completely innocent but are considered bad because their is a banned word inside the word. The example of this was when someone asked me how to obtain scrap metal, well of course someone threatened to report them for saying such a word. So I would like to see the langauge and the adult rated stuff definetely go down but not in a really hyped kind of way by just reporting anyone for anything that could be a considered a bad word.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:

Wow that is abnormal. I try to refrain from reporting everytime if I think something is going around the chat filters because if you have noticed you can have examples of words that are completely innocent but are considered bad because their is a banned word inside the word. The example of this was when someone asked me how to obtain scrap metal, well of course someone threatened to report them for saying such a word. So I would like to see the langauge and the adult rated stuff definetely go down but not in a really hyped kind of way by just reporting anyone for anything that could be a considered a bad word.

I report swearing, R rated and X rated conversations. I am an adult, know what swearing is and have common sense. I am very careful when I report. If there is a shadow of doubt I don't report. Megan

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I agree this should stop. I play with my younger brother and as a big brother he looks up to me so sometimes while i am playing he will quit and come over and watch me. Yet sometimes i am forced to send him away because of people swearing around the filters i dont want him to see that.
Thank you for lisenting!

Quinn Wildsword
level 48
master theurgist

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Yes, I have seen lots of cussing words from some students. ESPECIALLY from open chat :/ And yeah I kinda hate it and sometimes gets on my nerves. I don't report sometimes because I am not so positive if it's worth the suspension of my account that I've worked so hard on for a single report.

Kenneth Night Level 47 Balance

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
onemantogo wrote:
Yes, I have seen lots of cussing words from some students. ESPECIALLY from open chat :/ And yeah I kinda hate it and sometimes gets on my nerves. I don't report sometimes because I am not so positive if it's worth the suspension of my account that I've worked so hard on for a single report.

Your account can be suspended only if you're constantly making false or unnecessary reports.

Defender
May 24, 2009
i play with my friend and his younger brother and everywhere i go there are inapropiate words being said mostlly in the commons but i see people creatively swearing every realm every world i go to. Since i'm playing with my friends little brother me and my friend want to protect him but it's getting hard i commonly ignore or change realms but if i see something without a crumb of a doubt inapropiate and not okay i report the offender. There really is no way to fix this unless us players of this game stand up and take apropiate actions to non appropiate words it's up to us there's really not much kingsile can do[that wont affect people who dont do this in a unfair way] at this point because this problem has gotten WAY out of hand this is the reason for banning caps, because of us.If we dont want more things taken away we have to act and quick.

joseph wyrmbane and joseph duskspear legendary spirits

Survivor
May 25, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
onemantogo wrote:

Your account can be suspended only if you're constantly making false or unnecessary reports.

Oooooooooooh. Okay, thanks.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
I am curious to how saying "Inopropiate language" and getting reporting is delt with. Sometimes I talk a little "Inopropiate" in game, but not around public areas, because of people that can not hear these things. I accidently said something outloud in the commons, and got reported, and am frightened to the consequences. Please enlighten me to how the reporting works, I love this game, and do not want to lose my account. I've been reported 3 times, and 2 times were false. Please respond, sincerely, Adrian DrakeFlame, level 60 Death wizard. ( PS. Please do not respond saying "Well you shouldn't of said anything bad to begin with" That is not what I posted this to see. And sorry if I broke the message board rules. )

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
joey987123 wrote:
i play with my friend and his younger brother and everywhere i go there are inapropiate words being said mostlly in the commons but i see people creatively swearing every realm every world i go to. Since i'm playing with my friends little brother me and my friend want to protect him but it's getting hard i commonly ignore or change realms but if i see something without a crumb of a doubt inapropiate and not okay i report the offender. There really is no way to fix this unless us players of this game stand up and take apropiate actions to non appropiate words it's up to us there's really not much kingsile can do[that wont affect people who dont do this in a unfair way] at this point because this problem has gotten WAY out of hand this is the reason for banning caps, because of us.If we dont want more things taken away we have to act and quick.

joseph wyrmbane and joseph duskspear legendary spirits
I agree, there's too much inapropiate things said in public areas, but in private areas, in my opinion, you should be able to say whatever you want if your with people you know. I got reported today because I accidently said something inapropiate in the commons when I meant to send it as a message. The funny thing is, right after I said it, I got reported, and now I'm fretting over it and really upset, because I don't want to lose my account, or get muted. So, the future will be like how you want it, but because my "R" key is broke, I may get banned or muted ]:

Administrator
Inappropriate chat is never ok. Whether it's in public or private, it's never ok.

See this post: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

wyattavery wrote:
I am curious to how saying "Inopropiate language" and getting reporting is delt with. Sometimes I talk a little "Inopropiate" in game, but not around public areas, because of people that can not hear these things. I accidently said something outloud in the commons, and got reported, and am frightened to the consequences. Please enlighten me to how the reporting works, I love this game, and do not want to lose my account. I've been reported 3 times, and 2 times were false. Please respond, sincerely, Adrian DrakeFlame, level 60 Death wizard. ( PS. Please do not respond saying "Well you shouldn't of said anything bad to begin with" That is not what I posted this to see. And sorry if I broke the message board rules. )

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
What if someone does something says something bad around the filters, but you know what they meant and report them for using those things around the filter would that be false reporting?

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
wyattavery wrote:

Intentionally typing something innappropriate is not an accident. I am really bothered by people saying the they "accidently" typed something foul or offensive. Nobody but you forces your fingers to hit those keys on the keyboard. If you say something out loud instead of in whisper chat and it is offensive to people it is still not an accident. You meant to say those words, you just said them to the wrong people. Wrong is wrong, whether out loud or in private.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Genosekuto1 wrote:
In wizard 101 i have seen many wizards who have creatively (and i say that as a bad thing) say cuss words. Such as the f bomb and other numerous dirty language words. I think the wizard 101 adminstrators should make their free chat filter even more secure. Such as looking at the word and thinking about wha it could be. I report everybody who say things like this, just trying to keep the game safe. Austin Shadowwraith.............Incognito Legendary Myth

Yeah, and they say other things to subsitute for the cuss words. I completley agree with you. I will report everyone who cusses, helping keep the game safe. Angela Hawkhunter, Adept Diviner

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
that information is very much appreciated. I have experienced someone creatively by passng the filter but didn't report it because technically they didn't say anything wrong, but he and I both know what he suggested I do and where he directed me to go. Another time it happens I will report it!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Words of wisdom: Don't swear around the filters in this game, it never works out because there's always that one person there who's going to do the right thing and report you. All it takes is a few slip ups and your out-of this game for good.

Hunter legendwraith level 60 necromancer

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
If you're really determined to help clean up wizard101 i reccomend that you turn on open chat (DO NOT become a hypocrite!) and you use this to catch and report anyone trying to get past the filters using open chat.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
I agree with all of this but i think the report button is usually overused.If you are being rude to someone without curse words i dont think you should be reported.There is no rule to be polite after all, its only encouraged.Dont get me wrong i encourage politeness as well im just saying you shouldnt be reported for that.