Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Prices Gone Insane

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009

Am I the only one who's realizing this, or are some crown items VERY high, or have gotten very high, in terms of price? I mean, they make a virtual sea dragon pet that costs over $20 in crowns, mounts that cost over 15,000 crowns, and worst of all, I go on the live realm to play through Zafaria with my 5,000 crowns, and when i get in a pretty tough boss battle and I need to rely on my trusty henchmen, I see something very astonishing: The henchmen prices have risen up to 400 CROWNS! Not 400 gold, 400 crowns! I couldn't believe that the level 70 henchmen prices have risen up 4x than expected to be when they came out! How could KI expect that us wizards are going to spend 400 crowns on a battle's worth?

Also, we end up spending our crowns on items that aren't worth the pay a lot of the times. Like the underwater house, you can barely put an item inside that house because the water that overflows the space.

All I'm saying is, Kingsisle has been ripping us off with these crown prices, and it makes me wonder if KI thinks that we're actually gonna continue buying crowns for these super high item prices, and their wallets are going to get fatter? Because as of now, I bet KI is going to be losing a lot of their money, due to what they're doing.

KI, Please lower the cost of crown items!

Justin TitanWraith, Level 62 Pyromancer
Luke GhostHunter, Level 61 Necromancer
Seth ThunderForge, Level 62 Diviner
Jack FrostBlade, Level 57 Thaumaturge
Logan SunBright, Level 59 Conjurer
Cody TitanRunner, Level 41 Theurgist

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
jennyajtim wrote:

Am I the only one who's realizing this, or are some crown items VERY high, or have gotten very high, in terms of price? I mean, they make a virtual sea dragon pet that costs over $20 in crowns, mounts that cost over 15,000 crowns, and worst of all, I go on the live realm to play through Zafaria with my 5,000 crowns, and when i get in a pretty tough boss battle and I need to rely on my trusty henchmen, I see something very astonishing: The henchmen prices have risen up to 400 CROWNS! Not 400 gold, 400 crowns! I couldn't believe that the level 70 henchmen prices have risen up 4x than expected to be when they came out! How could KI expect that us wizards are going to spend 400 crowns on a battle's worth?

Also, we end up spending our crowns on items that aren't worth the pay a lot of the times. Like the underwater house, you can barely put an item inside that house because the water that overflows the space.

All I'm saying is, Kingsisle has been ripping us off with these crown prices, and it makes me wonder if KI thinks that we're actually gonna continue buying crowns for these super high item prices, and their wallets are going to get fatter? Because as of now, I bet KI is going to be losing a lot of their money, due to what they're doing.

ok you really need to recheck the sunken palace asap

they fixed it and now ya can put things in the water spots

and not everything is overpriced

look at it this way

the more crown sells they get aka how much money they get
will affect the game in many ways that most people dont relise

one they make it so they can add new WORLDS easier

and they can afford more software so they can program new things for the game that we are playing

nobody is telling you to buy crowns only you can decide it

true crazy prices but guess what it helps the game

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
jennyajtim wrote:

look at it this way

and they can afford more software so they can program new things for the game that we are playing

OK. Most of the items in the crowns shop are what they have always been. The Sea Dragon has always been that price and it has the HIGHEST pedigree.

The highest price in the crowns shop has been on the henchmen from level 50 up. And, YES, it is outrageous. Not an acceptable price. Look for the subject posts regarding the henchmen or high prices, or even overpriced. There were at least 9 subject posts on this issue the last I checked and I am sure there will probably be more. You can find these posts in Ravenwood Commons and Zafaria Forums. In the Zafaria forum also check out the post by Professor Greyrose. You will find some comments regarding the prices.

Jennyajtim, KI is making money without having to raise the henchmen prices this way. If you stop and think about the number of players that have subs to this game then the crowns they buy when they can, I will guarantee you that KI is making more than enough. Price gouging is the same no matter how you phrase it. Players have a tendancy to hire more henchmen at the original prices than they will at the INFLATED RATES. Some players will end up canceling their subs if this kind of thing continues.

According to stats, there are over 15,000,000 players in the U. S. alone. W101 is also available in other parts of the world now and still expanding. So Don't think they aren't making money.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
jennyajtim wrote:

look at it this way

Oh, so they fixed the sunken palace problem. That's nice to know. :) Also, It's true that I don't have to get crown items if I don't want to.... But still, don't you think that some crown prices should be lowered, for the sake of the players, and the money KI will earn? Think about it like this. Do you really think KI is going to make more money on an item that costs 13,000 crowns, or an item that costs 6,250 crowns? They're gonna make more money with the second price, because more people will be willing to buy crowns to get that item because of the smaller price, and eventually, that item will be giving KI more money that can be used for equipment, and development.

Justin T. Legendary Pyromancer

P.S. I never said that ALL crown items were overpriced, I only mentioned and stated the few that are.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
I agree with you, I have noticed that the crown price keep going up and the items you get with them are not as effective as their price makes them seem. :(
I purchased a henchman the other day for 400 crowns and he fizzled four times during battle. This surprised me in two ways, First that I had to pay 400 crowns and second that he was that weak. If I am paying for these henchmen, they should be as strong as their level suggests they are.
I refuse to buy any more crowns or henchmen. I already payed 79.99 to play this game, I spent 30+$ in crowns to only have my account hacked and all my crowns, housing items and wizards stolen. I spent money to replace the stolen crowns only to now see that the items I would normally use are upped in price by almost 150%. Well I am done being the sucker.
KI will not get another dime from me and when it is time to renew my account I am not going to do it. I am very upset at the greediness of KI in this family oriented game. It is no longer fun to play. And they advertise it is free to play only to find out that you can play only certain areas for free then you have to purchase a membership or crowns to play other areas. KI please go back to the way you were when you first introduced this game.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
jennyajtim wrote:

look at it this way

OK. Most of the items in the crowns shop are what they have always been. The Sea Dragon has always been that price and it has the HIGHEST pedigree.

The highest price in the crowns shop has been on the henchmen from level 50 up. And, YES, it is outrageous. Not an acceptable price. Look for the subject posts regarding the henchmen or high prices, or even overpriced. There were at least 9 subject posts on this issue the last I checked and I am sure there will probably be more. You can find these posts in Ravenwood Commons and Zafaria Forums. In the Zafaria forum also check out the post by Professor Greyrose. You will find some comments regarding the prices.

Jennyajtim, KI is making money without having to raise the henchmen prices this way. If you stop and think about the number of players that have subs to this game then the crowns they buy when they can, I will guarantee you that KI is making more than enough. Price gouging is the same no matter how you phrase it. Players have a tendancy to hire more henchmen at the original prices than they will at the INFLATED RATES. Some players will end up canceling their subs if this kind of thing continues.

According to stats, there are over 15,000,000 players in the U. S. alone. W101 is also available in other parts of the world now and still expanding. So Don't think they aren't making money.

Goldendragon,

Yea, I understand what you're saying. KI does make a lot of money because of how popular their game is. What I'm trying to say is that, if KI continues to make some crown items too pricey, or turn some items too pricey, wizards won't buy crowns anymore, and crowns cost money, and if KI has less money, they can only do less for us.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I agree, in regards to some of the crown prices, like their's a couple of pets that are like 9500, now I understand a lot of work goes into making the pet and putting the animation into it, but does it really have to be that high?