Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown gear Vs Found gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Found Item
Mystafying Wand:
Gives 4 cards
Super Crush 80 myth damage
requires level 30

Crown Item
Bolt Blade:
Grants pip
gives 5 cards
Super Shock 80 storm damage
requires level 15

While I think that crown gear should be really good, i mean it is real money spent, it should not OP a player. When a level 15 can beat a level 30 wand to wand it seems to me that there is an issue. I think about all the level 15's who can not get this gear, why are they so restricted.

Found Item
Kiwu's Magnetic Wand:
Gives 7 cards
Super Spark 60 storm damage
requires level 15

Crown Item
Arcane Staff
grants one power pip
gives 5 cards
Super Heroic Hit 100 myth dmage
requires level 35

So at level 35 when characters have 4 cards no bonus pip and deal 80 someone with this staff gets a bonus power pip an extra card and deal 20 more damage!

And then of course the best wand/sword currently in game

Crown Item
Lifeforce Blade
grants 1 power pip
+30 to block
+30 to critical
gives 5 cards
Major rage 120 life damage
requires level 55

Found Item
Rod of Rapture
grants 1 power pip
+30 to Critical
gives 5 cards
Major Rage 120 life damage
requires level 55

These are just the wands, I haven't even mentioned the robes, hats and boots or the anthems and rings! While when I spend real money I do want the best I don't think we should HAVE to spend real money and be able to get something close.

Crafted gear is a start with wintertusk, the 56+ gear is definately better then the Porkinator gear.

What I would really love to see is sets! Gear that when you get all the parts to it, it makes the gear better. These sets could include Crown Gear sets, PvP gear sets, Found gear sets and Crafted gear sets. All sets should have a balance to each other.

Crown and PvP could be universal sets while found and crafted are school specific. While universal whould be helpful to not only your primary but your secondary school, school specific is set MOSTLY to primary.

Crown Gear might be avaialable at a lower level it should only be a couple levels at most, Crown at 55, Crafted at 56, PvP at 58 and Found at 60 or something like that so that it still intices purchases while others might strive to attain the gear through other means.

Anyway just a thought about current gear.

Survivor
May 19, 2011
This is why they should put in a feature that lets people buy crowns with GOLD!!! It would be better for lower levels who can't afford to but crowns or make everything in the crown shop available in gold too, but that doesn't fix when you defeat a world boss and they have that chest you need crowns to access. So make it so we can buy crowns please!

I don't think we should HAVE to spend real money and be able to get something close.

or at least that!

Administrator
As we've repeatedly stated, items that are sold for Crowns are also
a) sold for gold
or
b) available as dropped items in the game
or
c) not available another way because they shortcut the game, such as Henchmen, potions etc.

It's all a matter of Crowns vs Time. You can spend the Crowns to get the item immediately or spend the time it takes to make enough gold to buy the item if available, or spend the time it takes to get the item as a drop. Spend the time or spend the Crowns, it's your choice.

There are always exceptions, but we have done our best to make it fair to players who cannot spend extra money on Crowns to be able to get these items in other ways.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
As we've repeatedly stated, items that are sold for Crowns are also
a) sold for gold

or
b) available as dropped items in the game
or
c) not available another way because they shortcut the game, such as Henchmen, potions etc.

It's all a matter of Crowns vs Time. You can spend the Crowns to get the item immediately or spend the time it takes to make enough gold to buy the item if available, or spend the time it takes to get the item as a drop. Spend the time or spend the Crowns, it's your choice.

There are always exceptions, but we have done our best to make it fair to players who cannot spend extra money on Crowns to be able to get these items in other ways.

Understood professor, however, as I stated in my examples that a level 15 crown item out does a level 30 drop item should not be in game! If you allow me to use purchased gear at a low level that I can use for 20 levels because nothing out there compares (to me) that is an issue.

Maybe this was set up so I wouldn't have to buy gear every 5-10 levels or something but it harldy seems resonable to measure purchased gear against gathered gear and purchased be the better option. I mean why should I go do that boss when I can just purchase gear that is better?

What I am suggesting is that you level the gear in a way so that if I want to buy gear I can OR I could go earn/craft something that is compareable if not better! I have always bought gear because found gear doesn't even come close!

While doing Celestia I noticed the gear "sets" that all had the same name. Since I am life I'll use "Rapture!" Hat, Robe, Boots, Antheme and Ring all had a Rapture piece. I think it would have been really cool that if I compiled the whole set I would have even gotten more from the gear!

By offering the BEST items from the Crown Shop it kinda takes the fun out of earning a good drop loot.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Tragamite wrote:
Found Item
Mystafying Wand:
Gives 4 cards
Super Crush 80 myth damage
requires level 30

Crown Item
Bolt Blade:
Grants pip
gives 5 cards
Super Shock 80 storm damage
requires level 15

While I think that crown gear should be really good, i mean it is real money spent, it should not OP a player. When a level 15 can beat a level 30 wand to wand it seems to me that there is an issue. I think about all the level 15's who can not get this gear, why are they so restricted.

Found Item
Kiwu's Magnetic Wand:
Gives 7 cards
Super Spark 60 storm damage
requires level 15

Crown Item
Arcane Staff
grants one power pip
gives 5 cards
Super Heroic Hit 100 myth dmage
requires level 35

So at level 35 when characters have 4 cards no bonus pip and deal 80 someone with this staff gets a bonus power pip an extra card and deal 20 more damage!

And then of course the best wand/sword currently in game

Crown Item
Lifeforce Blade
grants 1 power pip
+30 to block
+30 to critical
gives 5 cards
Major rage 120 life damage
requires level 55

Found Item
Rod of Rapture
grants 1 power pip
+30 to Critical
gives 5 cards
Major Rage 120 life damage
requires level 55

These are just the wands, I haven't even mentioned the robes, hats and boots or the anthems and rings! While when I spend real money I do want the best I don't think we should HAVE to spend real money and be able to get something close.

Crafted gear is a start with wintertusk, the 56+ gear is definately better then the Porkinator gear.

What I would really love to see is sets! Gear that when you get all the parts to it, it makes the gear better. These sets could include Crown Gear sets, PvP gear sets, Found gear sets and Crafted gear sets. All sets should have a balance to each other.

Crown and PvP could be universal sets while found and crafted are school specific. While universal whould be helpful to not only your primary but your secondary school, school specific is set MOSTLY to primary.

Crown Gear might be avaialable at a lower level it should only be a couple levels at most, Crown at 55, Crafted at 56, PvP at 58 and Found at 60 or something like that so that it still intices purchases while others might strive to attain the gear through other means.

Anyway just a thought about current gear.

Crown items are far more powerful and better than that of regular items.