Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Gear for Death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
I am wondering if there is going to be different Crown gear available soon for max level players. I run a Death wizard level 120 and the Dune Warrior bundle just doesn't seem to have very good stats for a Death to justify the price. Otherwise is there a bundle that can be bought via card that would be better? I was using the Atlantean bundle armor for a long time. Just hoping for something that will be a little better stats to come along.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Agree that the Crown Shop gear is pretty much worthless.

I'm not sure what your playing style or budget is, but if you're willing to spend Crowns, there is some decent Death gear in the Hoard packs. Ghulture's and Road Warrior's both have some good Death/Fire options. The Ghulture boots are possibly the best you can get anywhere for level 110/120.

The Immortal's Lore pack has the best wand I've seen, but also the Road Warrior wand is very good. Both have high critical/block, one has more damage and the other has more pierce. The wands are somewhat rare, so you may have to purchase a lot of packs to get them.

Another, cheaper option is Darkmoor. They've nerfed the bosses, so if you haven't gotten your level 100 Malistiare gear yet, it might be worth a try.

And last but not least, the Exalted one-shot dungeons also drop excellent gear. The dungeons themselves can be farmed from high level boss battles, saving you money. Then just fight the one battle and see what drops for you. All of the Exalted gear is comparable to Malistaire gear, but it drops after just one battle vs. a dungeon.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
Freshta on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
Agree that the Crown Shop gear is pretty much worthless.

I'm not sure what your playing style or budget is, but if you're willing to spend Crowns, there is some decent Death gear in the Hoard packs. Ghulture's and Road Warrior's both have some good Death/Fire options. The Ghulture boots are possibly the best you can get anywhere for level 110/120.

The Immortal's Lore pack has the best wand I've seen, but also the Road Warrior wand is very good. Both have high critical/block, one has more damage and the other has more pierce. The wands are somewhat rare, so you may have to purchase a lot of packs to get them.

Another, cheaper option is Darkmoor. They've nerfed the bosses, so if you haven't gotten your level 100 Malistiare gear yet, it might be worth a try.

And last but not least, the Exalted one-shot dungeons also drop excellent gear. The dungeons themselves can be farmed from high level boss battles, saving you money. Then just fight the one battle and see what drops for you. All of the Exalted gear is comparable to Malistaire gear, but it drops after just one battle vs. a dungeon.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Thank you for your helpful observations and insight! I don't really do the hoard packs as they amount to pure luck for drops; however, I have been interested in the bundles. What do you think of the Shinobi bundle or the Mirage raider bundle gear? I notice the Witch Hunter only goes up to level 110 for that gear so I suppose that is out.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
On the plus side, Shinobi gear has pierce, regular pip and shadow pip enhancement. On the downside, it's got relatively low damage and defense. The cards are fairly good: 2 Balance Blades, 2 Sharpen Blades and 2 Cloaks. The Shinobi weapon has 65 Critical, 6% pierce and 11% damage, but no block. That's not bad, but in my opinion block is pretty important.

I haven't checked out the Nomad gear so can't comment on that. Instead, I'll compare Shinobi to Jouster gear, which is currently available online.

Shinobi vs Jouster Stats at 120:

Hats
418 vs 479 Health
9% vs 10% Pips
4% vs 0% Pierce
98 vs 130 Critical
17% vs 17% Damage
4% vs 0% Shadow Pips
2 Cloak cards vs 2 Dragon Blades (35%)

Robes
837 vs 1200 Health
9% vs 8% Pips
3% vs 0% Pierce
0% vs 3% Stun Block
85 vs 79 Block
9% vs 18% Defense (universal)
3% vs 0% Shadow Pips
2 Balance Blades (30%) vs 2 Tower Shields (-55%)

Boots
558 vs 438 Health
7% vs 10% Pips
5% vs 6% Accuracy (universal)
80 vs 85 Critical
21% vs 0% Damage
2% vs 0% Shadow Pips
0% vs 20% Heal (outgoing)
2 Sharpen Blade cards (+10%) vs 2 Unicorns (315 Health to all)

Wands
65 vs 90 Critical
0 vs 90 Block
11% vs 0% Damage
6% vs 0% Pierce
May Cast Shift Ninja Pig (250 Star damage to all enemies)
vs May cast Bladestorm (25% universal blades to all friends)

Hopefully that can help you make a decision.

Alia Misthaven