Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Criticals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
3
I have a 124% critical strike rating but it would look like like i don't have a rating at all. Most of the times I battle I NEVER GET CRITICALS. So could somebody please explain why I don't always get crits with my 124% rating.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
25
I don't know! Same has been happening to me.
I crafted a hat recently in celestia, with a high critical chance and all.
Ice and storm critical chance, because those are my schools.
But I literally never get criticals on high ranked spells, only on 0 pip spells that come with your wand/staff/sword/etc.
My Jolting Jellywand criticals so so so so so much, yet my frost giant never got a critical



Explorer
May 07, 2011
95
bobcool89 wrote:
I have a 124% critical strike rating but it would look like like i don't have a rating at all. Most of the times I battle I NEVER GET CRITICALS. So could somebody please explain why I don't always get crits with my 124% rating.


I'm guessing you say you have a 124% critical rating because it says 124, correct? Sorry, but 124 critical rating is a 24.8 critical chance. Every 5 points of critical gives you a 1 percent chance. So you don't critical much because your rating is only about 20%.

Survivor
May 14, 2010
1
bobcool89 wrote:
I have a 124% critical strike rating but it would look like like i don't have a rating at all. Most of the times I battle I NEVER GET CRITICALS. So could somebody please explain why I don't always get crits with my 124% rating.


Hello,well i know that criticals happens by it self so it will take some time for it to work.so keep up the good work. sincerely, joseph strong blossom level [50]

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
133
What ticks me off is I only critical when I heal. xD
Seldomly critical when I Centaur, I have a percentage of 120% and I don't critical that much, even if I add a Vengeance. And when someone beside me has a percentage of 100% and with a Vengeance, he criticaled for 3 rounds straight.
To your question, I don't really know a good answer to it. But I would want an answer too!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
10
I have a 182 crit and i crit half the time, but i don't usually critical when healing

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
10
Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
14
Kreational wrote:
I don't know! Same has been happening to me.
I crafted a hat recently in celestia, with a high critical chance and all.
Ice and storm critical chance, because those are my schools.
But I literally never get criticals on high ranked spells, only on 0 pip spells that come with your wand/staff/sword/etc.
My Jolting Jellywand criticals so so so so so much, yet my frost giant never got a critical


I feel ya i am ice and i never get criticals on my snow angel? i have 200% rating and my death has 124% and i only get criticals on my noob spells

Survivor
May 15, 2011
8
BlueHighwind wrote:
bobcool89 wrote:
I have a 124% critical strike rating but it would look like like i don't have a rating at all. Most of the times I battle I NEVER GET CRITICALS. So could somebody please explain why I don't always get crits with my 124% rating.


I'm guessing you say you have a 124% critical rating because it says 124, correct? Sorry, but 124 critical rating is a 24.8 critical chance. Every 5 points of critical gives you a 1 percent chance. So you don't critical much because your rating is only about 20%.


Like how he said it is based on a 500 point score. So you don't have 124% but 124 critical out of 500 . So let's do the math. S if 5 points is 1 percent we divide 500 by 124 you get 24.8 or 24%. S that is why you don't critical that much.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
21
I have about 110 ice critical and i am ice but i literally never critical! I havent criticaled in weeks.

Patrick Rainbowstone Ice lvl 62

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
2
sae153 on Jul 26, 2012 wrote:
I have a 182 crit and i crit half the time, but i don't usually critical when healing
criticals are just about chance sometimes it will crit sometimes it wont

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
4
hehe i go critcal a lot and i only have a 40 chance rate.

See you in the game

Jack DarkRider Lvl 50 Fire Wizard

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
11
I don't know why it does that but for me I get most criticals when my percent is around 102 or 103%

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
140
dwayalways1 wrote:
I feel ya i am ice and i never get criticals on my snow angel? i have 200% rating and my death has 124% and i only get criticals on my noob spells
200\5=40 as you get 1 percent critical per 5 points. You only get critical a 40 percent of the time, that means.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
140
Sparky12348396 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
hehe i go critcal a lot and i only have a 40 chance rate.

See you in the game

Jack DarkRider Lvl 50 Fire Wizard
That is a mere coincidence. Your critical rating is only 8%.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
193
My critical is 53, and when i put my mouse on it, it shows 6% and 6% which is 12%, however, 53 divided by 5 is 10.6%, not 12.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
70
My critical rating isn't great, but I get criticals pretty often. I'm not sure why this is happening to you.
--Ashley Deathflame, Level 58, Balance

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
140
I Have a 3% chance of a critical and get one every 30 spells or so. So far I've had three, but I am only level 51!

The whole gang,
Noah Rainrunner lvl 51
Allan beareyes lvl 15
Richard willowstone lvl 8
Angela blood lvl 5
Boris skystalker lvl 4

And another fire guy with amnesia who doesn't know his name... LOL

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
23
hi you are going about this all wrong you don't get 124 criticals put your mouse over the critical and it will but all the percentages The 124 means how strong the critical is and if it will over come the block
You see say i have a 45 block and you have 124 crit and you crit I have a slight chance to block

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
140
WilliamGD185 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
That is a mere coincidence. Your critical rating is only 8%.
I seem to critical alot too! With a 6.2 percent chance, I critical so much that every third pixie is a satyr! LOL.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
1
I noticed that with Criticals you must charge them up. Now this is not always the case. Try using a elemental or spirt blade along with balance blade and your basic blade, Heck you might want to use an amplify also. I noticed that when I do that my attacks critical on more of an occasion. I could be wrong but this is what works for me.

Michael SpritEyes lvl 55 pyromancer

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
140
WilliamGD185 on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
I Have a 3% chance of a critical and get one every 30 spells or so. So far I've had three, but I am only level 51!

The whole gang,
Noah Rainrunner lvl 51
Allan beareyes lvl 15
Richard willowstone lvl 8
Angela blood lvl 5
Boris skystalker lvl 4

And another fire guy with amnesia who doesn't know his name... LOL
Noah Rainrunner lvl 58
Allan Beareyes lvl 15
Richard Willowstone lvl 9
Samuel JadeWraith lvl 7
Amy Rainrunner lvl 12
Kevin Rainrunner lvl 4

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
61
other guy is right crit chance 124 simply means crit chance 12.4% duh! why else would ya be able to get above 100... think people think! T-H-I-N-K

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
1
Everyone who Is saying I have a 124% critical or whatever I am afraid you are mistaken it isn't on percentages it is just a number. Trust me I know from experience I used to have the same question.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
West DeathTalon on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
other guy is right crit chance 124 simply means crit chance 12.4% duh! why else would ya be able to get above 100... think people think! T-H-I-N-K
Hmmm! I-R-O-N-I-C

Happy Wizarding!