Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Steals?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Since the implementation of the critical system, Diego and other KI officials here on the forums have mentioned critical steals. Has anyone ever seen a critical steal? If so, what did that look like?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Since the implementation of the critical system, Diego and other KI officials here on the forums have mentioned critical steals. Has anyone ever seen a critical steal? If so, what did that look like?

So, everyone can ignore this post. I don't know why, but I kept thinking this was steal as in "steal charm" or "steal ward", not life steal. I guess I just had to post it outloud to finally realize what it meant.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
It may be the same as the critical block maybe? Some gear has a block stat which gives your wizard the chance to block an enemies critical and reduce the spell to the normal damage.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
There's no such thing as a Critical Steal. Only a Critical. It looks like any other one.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:

Do you mean like a critical steal ward, or a critical steal charm?

I have never tried actually, but now that you mention it, I will give it a try and see what happens!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Do you mean like a critical steal ward, or a critical steal charm?

I have never tried actually, but now that you mention it, I will give it a try and see what happens!

That is exactly what I was thinking it meant by steals. However, I realized immediately after I posted the topic that it was referring to life stealing spells such as vampire and wraith. Steal ward and steal charm are manipulation spells which are specifically excluded. Apparently, I sometimes have to say things out loud to realize I was on the wrong track. ;)