Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Block

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
So I'm trying to figure out why I don't block when the enemy goes critical. I used to do it kinda often, now it rarely happens. Under my stats, the critical block rating is 123 for all schools. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Alexan580 on Apr 23, 2016 wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out why I don't block when the enemy goes critical. I used to do it kinda often, now it rarely happens. Under my stats, the critical block rating is 123 for all schools. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks
the crit/block system was "updated" (and i use that term facetiously) when polaris was released, and our stats were nerfed.

if you hover over your block rating on the stat chart, it should tell you what the updated percentage is. if my 325 block is 49%, i'd imagine that your 123 block is around 20% (depending on your level, since block and crit now degrade as you level up).

-von

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I'm so not liking this update. Pursuing a high block rate is just a waste of time.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Alexan580 on Apr 23, 2016 wrote:
It's the broken new critical and block system that no one likes.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I think it's a ridiculous move. We have to face bosses that start off with 5 or 6 power pips, plus they often get to hit first with a crazy powerful card, plus they go critical to make it even worse and to top it all off, sometimes they cheat. The very least we should have is the critical block option. My critical block rating is currently at 16% despite the 123 in all the slots for the schools. Basically the option is useless.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Dr Von on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
the crit/block system was "updated" (and i use that term facetiously) when polaris was released, and our stats were nerfed.

if you hover over your block rating on the stat chart, it should tell you what the updated percentage is. if my 325 block is 49%, i'd imagine that your 123 block is around 20% (depending on your level, since block and crit now degrade as you level up).

-von
Crit and Block always degraded as you leveled.