Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crit chances

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Ok so I am curious how crit works.
this is just an example
I have a level 83 life wiz with 395 crit ratting, she almost always hits critical.
I have a level 105 ice wiz with 469 crit ratting and yet he very rarely ever gets a critical hit.
any ideas why this is

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Recall that as you level, your critical chances decreases.

If you scroll over the numerical figure you have there on your character sheet, you will see the actual percentage figure you have on gaining a critical.

So, the reason why your may struggle a bit in gaining criticals is more than likely because of "Critical Decay" taking place; hence a lower % on your critical rating thereby having a lower chance to critical than your .

I'd guess that the 469 crit rating your ice has is less than or around 50% which isn't that high in terms of critical chances.

Your probably has around 58% or higher.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Welcome to Critical Decay!

This is the only stat in the game that gets worse the more powerful you Wizard becomes. If you hover over the critical rating, there should be a percentage at the bottom of your stat box. You'll notice the the percentage chance of Critical on your Life is higher than on your Ice.

In addition to your Wizard becoming worse at dealing critical damage the more powerful you get, your opponents become much better at blocking critical as you advance.

Your Wizard will be better served concentrating on damage enhancements over critical enhancements.

Probably NOT what you wanted to hear.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009