Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Credit for Drops Question

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Okay, I'm not sure how this myth started, but there are a large number of players that purport that in order to get a dropped spell from Loremaster or whatever you have to be the one that kills the boss. Is this true?

I don't think it is, but can anyone offer some insight into this?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Never has been for anything else, and I highly doubt it is in this case neither.

I think I have now done Loremaster with all of my wizards and I have yet to get a spell from her. I play two accounts at a time, and I don't go in with other people, so it's always been one of my wizards that defeated her.

She just doesn't drop them often. I had better luck farming Amber from my King Parsleys, so I just crafted all of the spells instead.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Absolutely not true at all. I've gotten spells from her without even getting a chance to cast. I've also seen others get spells when I'm the hitter and they did nothing but stay alive. Spell drops are very rare and very random. I've gone months with no drops and I've gotten two spells in back to back fights. It just takes a lot of grinding. Lately I've seen more spells dropping than TC attack cards. I got both Athena and Calypso on multiple wizards before I was able to collect more than 3 cards of either let alone the 10 needed for crafting.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Alright, I was fairly sure that was the case, but I've had a few people say otherwise.

Thank you both for the clarification/help!