Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Craving attention

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
When you or a friend or your minion does enough damage, the enemy if not already attacking that person/minion will begin to target them.

Does hitting the enemy with a spell that is part of the enemies weakness automatically draw their attention toward you regardless of the amount of damage placed by another player/minion?

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Hitting the enemy with just about any taunt/attack draws their attention to you, especially if no one else has hit them yet.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not totally sure but I know when I'm playing with my friend and she uses her Dragon spell, all of the enemies focus on her. They absolutely HATE that spell. I can cast a hard hitting tempest spell and they don't switch focus on me like that.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
When you or a friend or your minion does enough damage, the enemy if not already attacking that person/minion will begin to target them.

Does hitting the enemy with a spell that is part of the enemies weakness automatically draw their attention toward you regardless of the amount of damage placed by another player/minion?

No, it is dependent upon amount. Any attack (if they haven't been attacked before) will usually draw attention to the attacker. If there have been no attacks, the attention will be focused on order of arrival to the battle (the first two enemies will focus on the first wizard). If several attacks have been made, the highest damage dealer will be targeted. Also, if you are healing yourself or others, that too will draw attention. There have been a few times with my ice wizard I was unable to taunt the enemy from another wizard, because their damage was just too much.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
Hitting the enemy with just about any taunt/attack draws their attention to you, especially if no one else has hit them yet.

Yup, even once I trapped them, then I got hit really hard I do believe, almost as if I got his attention.