Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

confused about membership

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2011
now i seen how you get access to all areas but my question is what els ?

do you get better drops? more exp?

i bought a membership just now and well i expected something more lol
like a egg or something you know just seems like i got short changed so to speak

Administrator
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Have a look at this page - it outlines the benefits of Membership
https://www.wizard101.com/game/membership

not nearly enough benefits for most people. There needs to be a lot more. it's always better for any company to have people paying a recurring membership than buying one shot deals. But for most of the people I talk to, the sorts of benefits that they want in order to switch to membership just aren't there.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

not nearly enough benefits for most people. There needs to be a lot more. it's always better for any company to have people paying a recurring membership than buying one shot deals. But for most of the people I talk to, the sorts of benefits that they want in order to switch to membership just aren't there.

There really is no need for benefits in the first place. You either pay to play one at a time (crowns) or all access at once (subscription). Subscription is not intended to be better than crowns purchases, so there shouldn't be any competition among the benefits. It is all depends upon how each wizard wants to play Wizard 101. Some wizards don't have a credit card and cannot use the subscription method for reoccurring billing, therefore they can pay by area (via gift cards) and have those areas for the life of the game. The benefits that do come from each paying option are really just bonuses or specials.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
kingurz wrote:

There really is no need for benefits in the first place. You either pay to play one at a time (crowns) or all access at once (subscription). Subscription is not intended to be better than crowns purchases,

That's exactly the point. it's a much better business model to have paying customers that subscribe and automatically pay for the subscription every month, than customers who buy one thing then have to be talked into buying something else. It's better cash flow for the business.

Subscription NEEDS to be better than crowns purchases.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
thanks for the replys

i also have another question about membership
i do know that if you buy a area with crowns it will be unlocked for all the chars on your account indefinitely

but what about a membership say i buy a membership (i already did) and say down the line i manage to not be able to afford the recurring price will the areas still be unlocked or will my char be denied every area i once was able to access because of this?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
blang0611 wrote:
thanks for the replys

i also have another question about membership
i do know that if you buy a area with crowns it will be unlocked for all the chars on your account indefinitely

but what about a membership say i buy a membership (i already did) and say down the line i manage to not be able to afford the recurring price will the areas still be unlocked or will my char be denied every area i once was able to access because of this?

When your subscription ends you are limited to free to play areas until you re-subscribe or buy areas with Crowns.

Megan

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Below is the list of a few of the so called benefits from KI's page.... Please read the bolded comments.

Ranked PvP matches
Might possibly be a benefit if PVP wasn't so messed up

Ranked Derby races
Don't think this is really a benefit, how many people actually use this? The pet derby does not do anything for your pet in game. Maybe if the pet gained stronger abilities to benefit you like increased health, etc.

advanced Crafting
What is advanced crafting? I have 4 subs and have no idea what this is

Message Boards
Not really a benefit since there is much more information on wizard101central

larger backpack
You increased this by 20, great! It needs to be larger. Much larger... sick of having to sell, go home, refill, go sell, go home, refill.

There are very few member benefits that really could be considered beneficial. Even as a member, we don't have our own giveaways... on Facebook you have a weekly giveaway that includes anyone who clicks attend. So those that pay nothing have the same are being awarded prizes. Of course this is a revenue tactic as it's hoped that if they get something great they'll take out a membership. It's really sad that the people who have invested in your company are not given better benefits.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
blang0611 wrote:

Unless you bought any of those areas with Crowns previously, then no. You will be limited to free to play areas. That is the benefit of buying areas with Crowns instead of Subscription. However, when most wizards finish with Subscription they usually are finished with Wizard 101, so again it's your call on what's more important to you.