Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Complaint - Crown Shop Pack Junk.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
Complaint - Crown Shop Pack Junk.

I spent more than 25,000 crowns, maybe 30k, on the pet packs and horror packs in an attempt to get the deer knight pet.

I was happy to spend the crowns with the crown sale and the pack sale (50%). but my final moments of dissatisfaction came when both my level 104 fire and level 25 death wizard was so full of crown shop junk and I have never even got the deer knight pet that I wanted. Even, there has been multiple times that I place the junk in house because it becomes full, just an attempt to buy more packs. I still haven't got the deer knight pet.

I wish there was like a super pack option, something like the powerball, that I can pau an extra for less junk and a deer knight pet... but I am so done buying packs!!!! I have already fully unlocked the game using crowns (I bought all areas with crowns), and never had a membership. I am so done because of this pack thing.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
while i agree that there's way too much junk in packs (i mean, mist wood? really?), it's also important that you understand what you're getting into and don't spend more than you are comfortable losing.

packs are a lottery, a gamble; you might get something awesome, but there's a 1/1000 chance that you'll get what you want. and the odds reset with every pack you buy, so buying 1000 packs doesn't guarantee you the drop you want (how else would ki keep you buying packs?).

-von "still searching for my winterland skates" shadowsong

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Have you tried asking someone with a Deer Knight to hatch with you? It's been known to happen, and much better odds than buying packs.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
This is a very old "complaint." It's not KI's fault, that's just how these things go. If you go to buy packs expecting you're going to get something specific, you WILL be disappointed unless you spend literally hundreds of dollars. It's the same concept for real-life baseball cards, or Pokemon cards. I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but it seems that very few people remember that real-life card packs and W101's virtual card packs operate the same way.