Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Colors!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2011
I am a lvl 10 sorcerer and i dont know what colors i want to dye my gear. ( btw balance colors are tan and maroon, even though their isnt a maroon, red looks like it when it is secondary color) You pic which one you would dye your gear out of these next combinations.

1. Tan and maroon ( red )

2. Black and dark orange

3. Tan and dark orange

Please reply your opinion.

James Hexblade lvl 10 intitate sorcerer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
StormShark3780 wrote:
I am a lvl 10 sorcerer and i dont know what colors i want to dye my gear. ( btw balance colors are tan and maroon, even though their isnt a maroon, red looks like it when it is secondary color) You pic which one you would dye your gear out of these next combinations.

1. Tan and maroon ( red )

2. Black and dark orange

3. Tan and dark orange

Please reply your opinion.

James Hexblade lvl 10 intitate sorcerer

Don't waste your gold on dying. Just pick the colors you want when you purchase your gear. I've seen way too many wizards overly concerned about how cute they look, and their stats suffer greatly because they waste the gold that they could have purchased better gear with on dying their clothes.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
A suggestion: If you buy your clothes in the bazaar, there is an option to pick the colors first and preview them. Now the important thing is that the price of the clothes is displayed during the preview. The clothes cost less if you pick your school colors. The clothes cost even less depending on which school color is the base and which school color is the trim. Try out different color combinations, the school colors may not be what you think they are...

For instance: My death school clothing costs more if I pick black. Black is supposed to be death's school color... I have found that Silver base and white trim is the cheapest color combination for buying death school clothes. Why white and silver? I have no idea, but those are the colors I pick when I shop on my death wizard. I get mistaken for an ice wizard every once in a while.... but at least I save gold.

Remember each school has a different discount color combination! Silver and white is cheap for death, but more expensive for everyone else.