Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Collosus and Kraken differences.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 31, 2011
I am a level 34 Ice wizard and I am enjoying all of the new spells but when I was reaserching I found out that Collosus (Level 42 Move) And Kraken (Level 22 Move) Both do the same amount of damage So can anyone tell me why this is? Or could KI make Ice Collosus more stronger?

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
Storm wizards are generally considered the heaviest hitters of the game for usually if you compare storm spells with other schools' spells of the same rank you will find that storm has more damage (in some cases even if the spell from the other school is higher ranked the storm spell will have more damage). There's nothing that can be done about that, it's a way to make the schools diverse while being balanced.

While storm spells have a higher damage than yours, you will find that you have way more health than a storm wizard, which allows you to last longer in fights while they need to finish their fights as soon as possible.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
More powerful spells are one of the talents of Storm which is why they have about half the health of Ice. Ice has more health and less powerful spells.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Simple, Ice is Low Damage and Storm is High Damage.

Your speciality is Health.

I don't think KI will change that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Gamester999 wrote:
I am a level 34 Ice wizard and I am enjoying all of the new spells but when I was reaserching I found out that Collosus (Level 42 Move) And Kraken (Level 22 Move) Both do the same amount of damage So can anyone tell me why this is? Or could KI make Ice Collosus more stronger?

Believe it or not, KI has already made the Collosus stronger. It happened months ago.
Ice has a lot health, and spells that are weaker than Storm. Storm has lower health and the strongest unassisted spells. It all works out. We Ice wizards can last longer in a duel..and have too! :)

Moira Moonflower, Level 63 Legendary Ice Wizard

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Oh ok thank you everyone! I now understand why Kraken and Collosus of damage differences.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
According to the game history, storm wizards are higher in attack whereas ice wizards are weaker in attack but their health is awesome. You can compare a storm transcended's and a ice transcended's health and i guess you'll get a difference of at least 1800 health :D and i guess ice wizard can last till the end of a duel as compared to a storm wizard . Am a death wizard now but i always wanted my second character to be ice :D and i would make my second character ice only 8)
-> Sarah, Adept Necromancer

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
Yeah, no problem, actually at the starting of the game, I also wondered why there is the difference in ice and storm. So I proceeded to the website of
Wizard101 and read about it and got my answer :D

Sarah, Magus Necromancer