Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clothing..Item Strategy ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
I'm new and get lots of clothes/items.Some seem higher level than others...some are school specific..most are not.What are thefactors to consider in choosing item to wear ?

Should you try to just wear items that relate to your class/school ?

Has anyone written any guides on this subject..or a Wiki ?

Administrator
Strategy of what you wear is a very personal thing.

Sometimes it depends on your school of focus. Storm Wizards will often fore go damage bonuses for the sake of accuracy bonuses. Some players fore go bonuses at all for the sake of style.

You can find some links to fansites in our Wizard Society -> Fansites and Links page. There you may find more information on the strategy behind what other players use.

You can also experiment yourself a little, and keep in mind, you can dye your clothing at the Wizard City Shopping District Dye shop.

Have fun!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You will actually go through several phases in the 'type' of bonuses you wish.

Early, you may want school specific that confer +x damage or accuracy bonus. Health adds are always good.

Once you start throwing spells with damage over 100, you will probably want to switch to clothing with a +y% bonus, again to your school. Look for health adds.

As you start encountering higher level foes, you may wish to go to clothing that gives defense vs all schools (usually you have to sell goods to get these items). By this time you might have items that gives cards (a necklace that gives a 2-pip attack), so most of these multi-school clothes will boost this damage also.

Again, like Gamma stated, look at your school, Storm wants to have accuracy bonuses and health, Ice wants damage bonuses, etc, and select modifiers that you feel would enhance your play style.

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
Blackmyst wrote:
I'm new and get lots of clothes/items.Some seem higher level than others...some are school specific..most are not.What are thefactors to consider in choosing item to wear ?

Should you try to just wear items that relate to your class/school ?

Has anyone written any guides on this subject..or a Wiki ?

Well i have for my storm dude

Helm, Health, and possible other bonuses

Robes, Health, with other bonuses

Boots, other bonuses, with possible health

Athames & Rings Health & Mana Bonuses

thats how i do it