Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clarification on New Secondary Schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
The press announcement was not clear on the secondary schools. Are these simply schools that we can "second" studies in, or will the schools be available for primary development of a character in any of these new schools?

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
I would like an answer to this also. We are all assuming it means only secondary, but it is not really clear.

Administrator
These new schools will only be offered as 'secondary' schools only - exactly as the release stated, meaning you cannot create a Wizard that has these as their primary school of focus, but you will be able to train in these schools by spending Training Points earned through quests and leveling.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
So..... uh since its secondary. Our grandmasters already have about 2-3 schools. Can there be new training points for us OR all us grandmasters get just ONE free try at Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court to clear out extra points and replace it with the new school? Can some moderator tell everyone what the official or close to official date will be for ANY of the updates that might be in test or even the real realm already?

Side questions ( Not necessary ): Where will the new schools be at What are all of the schools called officially: Astral,Sun, Stars... Or something else Can we get 200,000 crowns on the Test realm if we missed out some of the last updates and can't afford them that we would like to try out Since there's gonna be a new higher level [ 60 ], do we lose our "Master of ______" badge because there's gonna be like a new spell 50 something [ 5_ ] We probably get the 8th spell with the 8th pips or we have to earn the powerpip If we get the 8 pips without powerpip usage do spells like judgement/ heckhound do more damage I know more but let me see if even these many questions get answered.

Travis Smith
Grandmaster Pyromancer [ 50 ]

David Deathblade
Master Necromancer [ 40 ]

Administrator
More information about Celestia and other upcoming expansions will be revealed soon. We are not giving a specific date when these features will be available on the Test Realm, but be sure to watch the Ravenwood News for all your updates (http://www.wizard101.com/news)

Until then be wary of rumors and speculation.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 16, 2010
so are the new schools going to be added when celestia is out or was that just a add on to new updates that are coming soon

sincerely:Noah Lotusthief

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I would like to know why we as grandmasters are not allowed to (bank) XP for this new level change and if they are dishing out new quest as of today why not allow them to do so NOW. And of course we can spend crowns to buy back our training points what other angle woukd kings do this for? Speaking personally I'm not questing my grands until I get XP for the a few gold, its not fair to ask us to do them at this rate did you others know even talking as far as the balance school your tossing out 3000 XP? Sure its not much now but later on when you wish to level big difference.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
These new schools will only be offered as 'secondary' schools only - exactly as the release stated, meaning you cannot create a Wizard that has these as their primary school of focus, but you will be able to train in these schools by spending Training Points earned through quests and leveling.

Ok so here my question, since the new level expansion also lets you go to level60 (what will that be called), How many training points will a grand be able to earn after level50 and get spells from the new secondary schools? will it be enough to have another secondary school when you take all the extra left over training points not use on anything else (now about enough for half of a third school)

Also if we as grands already start the quest from storm school to get to Celestia, what happens to the XP will we get credit for it when the level expansion goes life? or will we just loose out on the XP and not make it to level60?

These are some of the questions I have and I have not seen an answer to them anywhere. To make my Point the first section of the quest from storm school called Strange Frequencies alone gives you 570 XP my bar as grand is full so will I get credit for it later this summer when Celestia and level 60 come on live???