Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choose between Myth or Storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Hi! I just started about 2 weeks ago and my character is a Life student, My second school is myth and i just got Lightning Bats and That snake from the school.
Myth, my most recent is a Cyclops.
I'm a level 16, and I don't know how to use my training points wisely, which should i get when I'm level 20?
I get another training point, I like the power of storm but I like the All-Around of Myth. Which should i get next?
Thanks! :D

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Dead honest? Neither. In the end you will not be able to maintain casting those schools spells and winning battles in a timely manner. Yes, they are fantastic for lower level but later on...not so much.

My personal opinion for an effective life build is this:
Death to feint. (must have)
Ice to tower. (must have)
Spirit blade and trap from balance school tree. (must have)
then you have 4 points left I think.... I picked:
Balance to weakness
Reshuffle learned on colossus boulevard.

Thinking on it now I might have done better getting elemental blades & traps instead of balance to weakness since as a life mage I spend so much time in support positions. Too late now since I'm not going to spend the crowns to "fix" it. :)

All that aside. To answer your specific question if there was no other options besides Myth or Storm. I would go Myth. At least then I could double use my spirit traps and blades.

Ellie Sky Grandmaster Life
Ellie Sky Grandmaster Storm

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
I agree, don't choose either! I have beaten the game on my storm wizard, and it was very difficult towards the end of the game. NO WAY could I have soloed the game with my storm wizard. I think you should pick either death, balance, maybe even ice. Feint is VERY useful, and all three schools have high life. Storm is a nice secondary, but only pick it if you are looking for a challenge! It may have high attacks, but the life and accuracy are low. I still love storm though!

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner