Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheated

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
3
Someone asked to have all my Treasure Cards and he'd gift me a Fire Mastery Amulet. I did. He didn't. Is there any way to see to it he is addressed about his misbehavior? His character name is Chris DragonHeart. My character name is James.

Administrator
You've just learned a very tough but very valuable lesson.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/12968.ftl

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.


community@wizard101.com
Squire
Aug 10, 2009
510
Professor Greyrose wrote:
You've just learned a very tough but very valuable lesson.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/12968.ftl

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.


Really people?! Why on earth would anyone give you something worth almost 10000 crowns for treasure cards! My mind is blown every time falls for this.

Ellie

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Cheryl09 wrote:
Really people?! Why on earth would anyone give you something worth almost 10000 crowns for treasure cards! My mind is blown every time falls for this.

Ellie


As a 20something wizard, I can easily tell when something's fishy... but a 10-year-old probably can't. I don't know the OP's age, but it's something to consider~ a lot of us fail to see that most victims of scams like these are young kids, who aren't old enough to "know better".

I agree with Prof. Greyrose~ it's a tough lesson, and all of us need to learn it, but something needs to be done about this kind of exploitation (and that's what it is, since scammers take advantage of the fact that their behaviour is not reportable).

To the OP~ unfortunately, scamming is /not/ reportable. If you report this jerk, *your* account will be sanctioned~ I suggest removing him from your friends-list (because he had to be your friend, to initiate a TC trade), but not before clicking Ignore. That's all you can do~ hopefully, that will change one day.

Safe travels to you, and a thousand crafting quests upon those scammers!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress/the visceral avenger

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
292
The lesson here is "If it seems too good to be true, then it isn't the truth." This person got scammed and hopefully won't fall for that again.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
3
The only reason I agreed to the trade is that I never use Treasure Cards anyway. I didn't lose anything that had much real value to me.

I took a chance and it fell through. However, if Chris DragonHeart ever tells you the sky is blue, look first. And keep a hand on your wallet!

"Smart people learn from their mistakes. Wise people learn from the mistakes of others." Be smart, but also be wise.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Sorry, OP, but, "Caveat Emptor" would be the phrase here, I believe. In the future, before you do this sort of thing, say to yourself: "Stop, go back a minute, do I really believe he is going to give me an item bought with money if I give him Treasure Cards I got for free?" Because he isn't going to.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
6
Who cares regualer cards are better than treasure cards because treasure cards can only be used once!

Defender
May 15, 2010
153
Once I asked for a simple heartsteel when my friend said he had 60,000 crowns. He asked why he should, i said because i was his friend, he said nah and deleted me. I don't even know the lesson learned here.

Defender
May 31, 2011
133
jameson143 wrote:
Once I asked for a simple heartsteel when my friend said he had 60,000 crowns. He asked why he should, i said because i was his friend, he said nah and deleted me. I don't even know the lesson learned here.


Most people I know, myself included, believe it is rude to ask people to gift you. A gift should be initiated by the giver only. When friends, especially online friends ask me to gift them something, I begin to wonder if the only reason they want to be friends is to get something from me. If you want something, earn it.

This is the lesson I see in your case.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2636
jameson143 wrote:
Once I asked for a simple heartsteel when my friend said he had 60,000 crowns. He asked why he should, i said because i was his friend, he said nah and deleted me. I don't even know the lesson learned here.


The lesson learned here may be don't even beg from your friends?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
jameson143 wrote:
Once I asked for a simple heartsteel when my friend said he had 60,000 crowns. He asked why he should, i said because i was his friend, he said nah and deleted me. I don't even know the lesson learned here.
Well, that lesson, though a painful one it would be, is that people don't normally spend money on their friends for no reason. They consider it rude to beg. I consider it rude too, actually. Don't worry, I don't think that you, yourself, are rude. I just think it was a lapse of judgement.