Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat Filter

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Well I like how it teaches you to be creative, and helps your english. Like I can say are not but not arn't aint. :/

I can't say melon but I can say Lollipop ;D grr the chat is so aggrevating please add some adult chat cause when I have sentances that are not even bad I end up with a gaint string of dots.

Yesterday I got so mad I couldn't even tell my cousin what level I was. Imma end up tossing my keyboard eventually. =-/

Administrator
Young Wizard, we have already introduced Open Chat for our 18+ players.

Chat Enhancements
Open Chat

One of the enhancements to Wizard101 is Open Chat*. Open Chat will allow players a more open communication environment between 18+ players who have a valid credit card on file with us.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to launch this for our active Subscriber community only. Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management at Wizard101.com.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

The following updates to chat will apply:

Menu Chat (default setting for under13)
? players will continue to see only Menu Chat.

13 to 18+ Text Chat (default setting for 13+)
? players will continue to see only our Dictionary Text Chat from both 13-18 and 18+.

New 18+ Open Chat
? will be filtered for profanity but will allow numbers and names.
? will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means 18+ can see it, red is filtered

*Accounts must be 18+ and must be an active subscriber with a valid credit card on file.

You can adjust your chat settings through the My Accounts link when you log in to Wizard101.com the website.

community@wizard101.com
Developer
We're always looking to add words to the chat dictionary. Please let us know any words you think should be added. We've been steadily adding words since launch.

Also, you can tell any player your level through the menu chat. Click on "Friendly" and then "Stats".