Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing the name of my wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Is there I way I can change the name of my storm wizard. He is my first wizard, and I named him Adam ShadowRidier or something close to that. (I don't even remember right now lol.)

I want a name thats more stormy because I actually REALLY like the school and it really turned out to fight my style of play (when I picked storm at first I had no idea what I was doing, it just sounded cool) . He is level 51 so its too late to just make a new one but I was wondering if there was a way you can change the name of your self like you can for your pets.

If not its no biggie I was just wondering if it was out there somewhere and I was missing it.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Administrator
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Sorry, but you cannot change the name of your Wizard.

I was going to ask this question before. I know it is not an easy task to do so but since we can change our pet's name Its possible to make an option that we can change our character's name too.

I am aware of the fact that we have friends list and our friends also have their friends list, our names appear in those lists; not only over our character's head furthermore our accounts have all information according to our character's name. There are so many reasons why we want to change our character's name. If you know, so many of us had to delete some of our character's because of getting insulted by other people in the game and disappointed of that.

I appreciate that KingsIsle tries to keep the game safe for all players but it seems like it is not going well most of the time. For example: if you break up with some of your friends in the game because of having kind of inconveniences and remove them from your friends list it cannot guarantee that you never meet with them again and if you meet with them they start talking to you, insulting, cursing again and again in front of your other friends. There is a report button but it does not really help at that time and no one takes it seriously.

I know these things happen in almost everyday either with my friends or other players and I really think being able to change a wizard's name would solve the problem and keep the game more safe. If we just delete that character we lose all other good friends at the same time.

Yes I know making this option might bring another problems so I think this option should be added to the main site in your account page not to the in-game options. Parental control should still apply too and KingsIsle can charge for it either costing crowns or real money and then it would keep players to avoid so many name changes in the game.

As I mentioned above there are so many reasons to make this option and I wrote all my thoughts about it as a suggestion. Please put this idea into consideration.

Thank you!

Professor Greyrose's answer was very clear.

Professor Greyrose wrote:
Sorry, but you cannot change the name of your Wizard.

We appreciate our players input, however this decision is final.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.