Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing ''Sacred Charge'' into an attack all |

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
As you can tell by the title of this thread, please consider changing Life's Sacred Charge spell into an AOE spell.
Damage wise, it should be close to the damage of Seraph.

Why should it be an AOE?

1) Removing its current side effect of the 250 absorb (which is just a significantly weaker version of Hungry Caterpillar), and making it an attack all spell is beneficial to all Life wizards who want to farm or solo quest.

2) This isn't 2010 anymore; Life isn't just all about healing. Life can hit, and it can hit PRETTY hard. Adding more variety, and an essential AOE makes the game just that much fun and easier. I know Kingsisle will listen to feedback, just remember when they listened to the feedback for the Spinysaur spell, and when they increased the base damage for Luminous Weaver.

3) While Death doesn't have a four pip aoe, they were blessed with Deer Knight, why not bless life with such opportunity? I want to be able to help others quest, but by the time I have enough blades and pips for a Forest Lord, a storm comes in and swipes the prize.

4) Similar to point 3, Forest Lord takes a while to set up, with blades, and power pips. Not to mention, the loooong animation of the spell. zzzzz!

5) On Celestia's Test Realm, I recall Seraph being an AOE, but they changed it last minute. They did the same for Sacred Charge. It used to be an AOE, but they changed it last minute. They want to help Life out, and by adding a five pip AOE won't break anything. If anything is broken, it's PvP and how people set for one another in tournaments by changing gear and spells to get maximum resistance and running the timer so Diego decides the winner.

6) As seen vocally on fansites, such as Duelist, many life wizards, including non-life wizards have expressed interest in turning this spell into an AOE.

7) People will actually farm the spell if it had a better purpose. Right now, it's just a weaker version of Hungry Caterpillar. It's useless like Goat Monk. You know why Luminous Weaver is so popular? It deals decent damage and is a nice defensive option.

Afterall, Life has been asking KI for many years for another AOE. Wings of Fate was a disappointment animation wise and requires a shadow pip. The four pip shadow pip AOE idea was great but poorly executed when deciding to split its damage, as it does 1/4 damage if you hit all four enemies, instead of doing 1.50 (for example) damage per enemy. Times have changed, and there is a new Test Realm update coming soon, so it's a perfect opportunity to help thousands of Life wizards out. Let me know your thoughts!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1030
I agree 100%. As I have stated before here- Sacred charge should be changed to an AoE. My ideal sacred charge would be 360 life damage to all enemies and a 250 absorb to all friends.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
Honestly, it is such a missed opportunity.

The animation of the spell looks like it is a hit all opponent.
Secondly, people are willing to farm for the spell (even though Aphrodite is a pain!) if it was made an AOE.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
I agree with both of you. Life needs a lower pip AOE spell. "Sacred Charge" would be a nice one to have.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
Still, after many years of asking, KI has yet to respond to what the general public wants; giving Life another AOE. It would be nice to get an official answer from KI as soon as possible to know if there's still hope left.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
1
I agree. Honestly if KI expects the game to thrive, they need to listen to the users, especially how common life wizards, who attack, are (from what I have seen when I play, that is). Its hard to play when most users are gone and a small pip AOE can go a long way since almost everyone has to solo now.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2014
1
I completely agree!

I think it's a great suggestion that should be taken into consideration. There are many things that should be added to the game, but that is certainly one of the more important ones and will definitely improve gameplay for Life users.

Great suggestion, Megan!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2016
2
I completely agree! It's hard to help others quest when you're a life wizard :(

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
967
skinnybamboo on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
I completely agree! It's hard to help others quest when you're a life wizard :(
While I agree that Life needs a second AOE spell. I do not find it hard to quest with others being a Life Wizard.

When I'm questing with a group, I have deck stocked with healing spells. I find that I spend most of the battle healing everyone else and have little time to actually attack on my own. When I do have everyone sufficiently healed and start to build to Forest Lord, the battle is usually over before I get the chance to actually cast the spell.

Steven Ghoststalker
77

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
149
YES! We need a new life aoe for farming and this is PERFECT. The animation could fit right in as well. I would love for this to happen! Yes Yes Yes!!

120
120
105
50
50

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
2209
Hopefully we see this feature at least implemented in the test realm. That will really test to see if KI is honestly listening.

It's Your Turn KI, We The Theurgist Have Already Played.


Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
Area51Alien on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
While I agree that Life needs a second AOE spell. I do not find it hard to quest with others being a Life Wizard.

When I'm questing with a group, I have deck stocked with healing spells. I find that I spend most of the battle healing everyone else and have little time to actually attack on my own. When I do have everyone sufficiently healed and start to build to Forest Lord, the battle is usually over before I get the chance to actually cast the spell.

Steven Ghoststalker
77
They are talking about solo questing, not questing with a full group. Not everyone has the privilege to quest with a full group, especially now that most players are max level, or just PvP. Older worlds are often neglected by players.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
967
Megan DeathThorn on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
They are talking about solo questing, not questing with a full group. Not everyone has the privilege to quest with a full group, especially now that most players are max level, or just PvP. Older worlds are often neglected by players.
Aside from bosses, I've soloed my way to Avalon. I have yet to wait longer than the 2 minute warning for Major bosses and yes you are correct that finding assistance for minor bosses is tough.

I do stand corrected if the poster I was answering was referring to solo-questing but the phrasing sure looked like questing with others was intended.

Steven Ghoststalker
77

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
Area51Alien on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:
Aside from bosses, I've soloed my way to Avalon. I have yet to wait longer than the 2 minute warning for Major bosses and yes you are correct that finding assistance for minor bosses is tough.

I do stand corrected if the poster I was answering was referring to solo-questing but the phrasing sure looked like questing with others was intended.

Steven Ghoststalker
77
While you have a point, there is no harm in adding more variety and options. Having more options is always a great thing.

Please hear us out, Kingsisle!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
7
I endorse this thread wholeheartedly. You have valid points, so there is no reason to repeat any points.
Let's hope Kingsisle acknowledges Life wizards, and helps them out.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
1
Megan DeathThorn on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
As you can tell by the title of this thread, please consider changing Life's Sacred Charge spell into an AOE spell.
Damage wise, it should be close to the damage of Seraph.

Why should it be an AOE?

1) Removing its current side effect of the 250 absorb (which is just a significantly weaker version of Hungry Caterpillar), and making it an attack all spell is beneficial to all Life wizards who want to farm or solo quest.

2) This isn't 2010 anymore; Life isn't just all about healing. Life can hit, and it can hit PRETTY hard. Adding more variety, and an essential AOE makes the game just that much fun and easier. I know Kingsisle will listen to feedback, just remember when they listened to the feedback for the Spinysaur spell, and when they increased the base damage for Luminous Weaver.

3) While Death doesn't have a four pip aoe, they were blessed with Deer Knight, why not bless life with such opportunity? I want to be able to help others quest, but by the time I have enough blades and pips for a Forest Lord, a storm comes in and swipes the prize.

4) Similar to point 3, Forest Lord takes a while to set up, with blades, and power pips. Not to mention, the loooong animation of the spell. zzzzz!

5) On Celestia's Test Realm, I recall Seraph being an AOE, but they changed it last minute. They did the same for Sacred Charge. It used to be an AOE, but they changed it last minute. They want to help Life out, and by adding a five pip AOE won't break anything. If anything is broken, it's PvP and how people set for one another in tournaments by changing gear and spells to get maximum resistance and running the timer so Diego decides the winner.

6) As seen vocally on fansites, such as Duelist, many life wizards, including non-life wizards have expressed interest in turning this spell into an AOE.

7) People will actually farm the spell if it had a better purpose. Right now, it's just a weaker version of Hungry Caterpillar. It's useless like Goat Monk. You know why Luminous Weaver is so popular? It deals decent damage and is a nice defensive option.

Afterall, Life has been asking KI for many years for another AOE. Wings of Fate was a disappointment animation wise and requires a shadow pip. The four pip shadow pip AOE idea was great but poorly executed when deciding to split its damage, as it does 1/4 damage if you hit all four enemies, instead of doing 1.50 (for example) damage per enemy. Times have changed, and there is a new Test Realm update coming soon, so it's a perfect opportunity to help thousands of Life wizards out. Let me know your thoughts!
I’m so agreed beside is way too hard to have it! Isn’t worthy of is only one person that can attack

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
149
paul ghostrider on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:
I endorse this thread wholeheartedly. You have valid points, so there is no reason to repeat any points.
Let's hope Kingsisle acknowledges Life wizards, and helps them out.
They never listened to when we had an uproar about wings of fate to be an aoe attack spell, so lets hope they listen to this :)

As of now, Life is neglected

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
BIG news, everyone! They just made Headless Horsemen (Death spell) trainable via the new Halloween pack that came out on Friday the 13th. Death wizards have been asking for this spell for about a year now, and it's finally here.

Does this mean we have a chance for Sacred Charge to be made into an AOE?
Or trainable Leafstorm?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
I think KI does listen. Sometimes it takes time to respond to our requests depending on the circumstances they face and if solvable. I think it would be nice if kI can be more open to us in communication wise on the message board by informing us now and then about our ideal requests so players feel they're not being ignored. Changing " Sacred Charge" is now one out of many of them.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2013
1
Survivor
May 05, 2011
1
I support this thread

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
Mymelodymeh on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
I support this thread
Why the angry face...? xD

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
30
I'd like to make an important announcement:

Pigsie, a popular, new and a much-needed life spell is now obtainable via farming the Loremaster, or if you don't like farming, crafting is another option. Many Life wizards have been vocal about having more ways to obtain this particular spell.

Now, it would be lovely if Kingsisle listened to our feedback, and internally discussed whether or not we can have a lower pip AOE. I know we have asked for many years, but to my extent I'm not sure if Kingsisle has ever come out and explained their reasoning for Life not having a lower pip attack all spell.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
Megan DeathThorn on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to make an important announcement:

Pigsie, a popular, new and a much-needed life spell is now obtainable via farming the Loremaster, or if you don't like farming, crafting is another option. Many Life wizards have been vocal about having more ways to obtain this particular spell.

Now, it would be lovely if Kingsisle listened to our feedback, and internally discussed whether or not we can have a lower pip AOE. I know we have asked for many years, but to my extent I'm not sure if Kingsisle has ever come out and explained their reasoning for Life not having a lower pip attack all spell.
Thank you for the update. Pigsie is highly needed for all my life wizards

Survivor
Jun 11, 2016
2
other schools have like 3-4 aoes! storm has like 5, it is ridiculous.
life only has 1 aoe.. and it is 8 pips.

come on, KI, help us out pls

1