Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change Wizard's name

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2013
13
I would love the option to be able to change your wizards first and last name! I think it could be an option in the dye shop next to the pet's name change tab.Please add this option who else thinks they should leave a comment below?

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
I've actually been thinking this same thing myself! I've been wanting to change the name of my first wizard to match the styles of my 2nd and third. Changing a name would not hurt or help in actual game play at all, so it should cost gold

Survivor
May 09, 2013
13
dayerider on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
I've actually been thinking this same thing myself! I've been wanting to change the name of my first wizard to match the styles of my 2nd and third. Changing a name would not hurt or help in actual game play at all, so it should cost gold
I agree it should be gold, and it would be awesome to have the ability to change our names lets just hope Kingsisle agree's. I would even be willing to use crowns.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
The reason this isn't available is for several reasons... everything is stored on KI's servers by character name.
Your friends know your character name...

This would probably require a lot of reprogramming so I'm not sure if they will ever allow this.

I would like the option if it does become available, though.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
The main reason for this not being added would be abuse.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
seethe42 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
The main reason for this not being added would be abuse.
easy fix - only one change per character for the life of that character. This would allow people to one time only, group their wizards by name and actually make it easier for their friends to recognize them

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
jacob is death on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
I would love the option to be able to change your wizards first and last name! I think it could be an option in the dye shop next to the pet's name change tab.Please add this option who else thinks they should leave a comment below?
problem: your friends wouldn't know who you are cause you have a different name and it would cause a lot of confusion.

Survivor
May 09, 2013
13
Blaze Deathward on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
problem: your friends wouldn't know who you are cause you have a different name and it would cause a lot of confusion.
You could tell the friend's you care about before hand and then problem solved, there is bound to be some friends you do not care about. Even if you care about them all then tell them all.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
jacob is death on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
You could tell the friend's you care about before hand and then problem solved, there is bound to be some friends you do not care about. Even if you care about them all then tell them all.
That only works if all your friends are online at the same time. The point still remains this would mostly be abused.

Survivor
May 09, 2013
13
dayerider on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
easy fix - only one change per character for the life of that character. This would allow people to one time only, group their wizards by name and actually make it easier for their friends to recognize them
As Dayerider said there are ways to avoid abuse and you could wait for all of you friends to know then do it. It might even help your other friend's find you on other Character. This opton would be an awesome feature to add I truly Kingsisle considers it.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
jacob is death on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
I would love the option to be able to change your wizards first and last name! I think it could be an option in the dye shop next to the pet's name change tab.Please add this option who else thinks they should leave a comment below?
if you tried to report someone and they changed their name and King's Isle couldn't find that, how's that supposed to work?

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
if you tried to report someone and they changed their name and King's Isle couldn't find that, how's that supposed to work?
easy fix there: if somebody is currently going thru the reporting process, they can't change their name until their name has been cleared of any offending charges