Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic - Make things larger & overlay items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I've read the castle magic tome and have found nothing about how to make an item in your house larger (I see that there is a spell in Marleybone) but there isn't an explanation anywhere as to how to use it. Also, I would love to know how to overlay two items to avoid the buffer layer around the item. I have tried to play with the items but have not been successful in achieving a successful outcome. Thanks for the help.

Moira Stormweaver
Level 101

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Moira SW on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
I've read the castle magic tome and have found nothing about how to make an item in your house larger (I see that there is a spell in Marleybone) but there isn't an explanation anywhere as to how to use it. Also, I would love to know how to overlay two items to avoid the buffer layer around the item. I have tried to play with the items but have not been successful in achieving a successful outcome. Thanks for the help.

Moira Stormweaver
Level 101
I don't think there is any 'legit' way to overlay items. It's easy to do with glitching though and there are some really cool videos on youtube demonstrating how to use glitching techniques for decorating. They're well worth checking out and the tricks/techniques are really fun to try out.

Just to clarify, when I say 'legit' I mean by using items as designed, not as in a breach of terms of use. When glitching was first discovered KI had to decide whether to patch it or leave it. They chose not to patch it so we could enjoy it if we wanted to and they even made positive comments on how creatively players were using it

It's 'unsupported' so if we're trying to do something and can't get it to work we can't get Support to go onto our account and do it for us, unlike when an item fails to work as designed (eg if we can't place or move items in the normal way). I've never lost an item or had anything bad happen from glitching - the worst mistake I've made has been moving something and accidentally moving a bunch of perfectly placed items then having to put them all back. It's a lot of fun and, for me, I find it has been one of the biggest reasons I continue to have just as much fun decorating houses as I did when I first started...the possibilities are endless