Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone explain to me how Henchmen work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
And does anyone know how you unlock them? Mine are all locked, and I would also like to know how they work. Anyone care to help?

Administrator
Henchmen are hired Wizards that help you in a duel and they can only be purchased during your turn while you are in combat. They will come to your aid and behave similar to your Minion, only stronger and smarter. They will act in the same round that they are summoned by the player, and will disappear once the duel has ended.

If the Crown shop is loading slowly for you, and doesn't give you enough time to buy a Henchmen during your turn, change your settings to LIST view (as opposed to ICON view) for faster loading.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you're having graphics problems, another thing you can try is to set "Smoothing" to "Crowns Shop".

Henchmen cost Crowns. If you don't have Crowns, you can't hire any henchmen. As said, you can only hire henchman after you start or join a battle. Once you buy/hire one, your spell timer will revert to 30 seconds, and it will do so after each additional one you buy.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You can hire them at any level. They're like minions, only stronger and smarter with spells. Hope this helps :D

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life