Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can someone explain this to me

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
On the test realm post it says arcanum scholars now teach new spells like Zander teaching forest lord. I'm confused about this because isn't forest lord already a level 58 spell?

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Its supposed to be so that people of other schools can learn the higher level spells. (Not sure how much that's going to get used) So I as a fire wizard can go bug Zander and learn Forest Lord and use it as a normal school.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Being Life (on my highest character) I get why this would be attractive. My second school is Myth and I use it a lot because it's a better hit - I just use the amulet and treasure cards. I'd love to be able to use a different amulet with say myth damage & accuracy jewels, too.

But

Isn't the whole game system set up to make my life harder because I can do big heals and have huge health;
make Fire's harder because it has good damage & good health;
make Storms harder because it has huge damage ... etc.?

How is this balancing system served by allowing all schools to learn all other schools higher quest spells?
Eventually we'll all be about the same and the game will be just about the story - which could be cool, too - but it's not really what they set out to do. Is it?

How would Storm students feel if now I can have my huge health, big heals, and their hit power by adding some jewels and getting the Life/Storm craft gear?

Am I missing something?

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
One problem I have found with this is that if your character has used all their training points, the amount of "free" crowns in test realm (15,000) is not enough to buy back any training points (need about 16,500), so I could not even try to buy these spells to test them out in test realm.