Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying areas with crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
If you have a membership can you buy areas with crowns you have so you have them unlocked when the membership expires?

Administrator
No.
When you have a Membership, the option to purchase individual areas does not appear. When your Membership ends, you can the purchase the areas that you wish to access by teleporting to them or adventuring to their entry.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Sorry to barge in, but this raised a question in my mind.

We've used family accounts since the beginning, so a lot of the Crowns-for-areas stuff is kind of foreign to me. But as I introduce more and more friends and family to the game, questions about this come up that I cannot answer.

If someone starts on a free account and uses Crowns to open areas, then decides to start a membership, then later lets that membership expire, are the originally-purchased Crowns-access areas still open to them?

Not that I'd recommend the above sequence to anyone, but life happens and such a sequence is not unthinkably beyond the realm of possibility.

Many thanks for any information you can provide.

Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Administrator
marinersk wrote:

If someone starts on a free account and uses Crowns to open areas, then decides to start a membership, then later lets that membership expire, are the originally-purchased Crowns-access areas still open to them?

Areas purchased with Crowns are owned by that account forever. They can flip between free and Member all they want, they will never lose access to those areas they have purchased with Crowns and those areas will be accessible to every character on that account login.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Areas purchased with Crowns are owned by that account forever.

Absolutely! When I switched games and cancelled mine for a brief period, I could still access the parts of krokotopia I purchased with Crowns. But Only those areas. I did come back and re-join. As I'm posting this now :D