Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bosses in Dungeons Regain All Health?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
I am really mad >: (, I went into the New "Tower Of The Helephant", But i brought Friends. I went into it and we beat all the enimies except the But Ervin (The Boar). Then we all were defeated because he used Leviathan nearly every turn. So, then i went back in and so did my other Teammates. I somehow went in alone (but that is not my point). I had to buy Three Life Henchmen to keep me alive. But my point is we almost had him killed when we were defeated and when i came back he had full health. I think that if you hurt a boss a lot then come back, He should have the same stats as he did when I left. I really think this should be taken into consideration for people who go in alone too. I mean i understand that you are suppose to go in with a full group but this is still unfair in a way. I mean if you think about it, it is kinda right. Open to All Comments...

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That's how it works. If everybody who entered the dungeon leaves the boss battle (meaning that nobody is left facing the boss), the boss will reset and be at full health. Generally, the minions won't be there if you've defeated them.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It has always worked like that. Sometimes if you defeat a minion, but the boss remains, the minion will not be there when you return, but the enemies have always regained full health in a new duel.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
kevke67 wrote:
I am really mad >: (, I went into the New "Tower Of The Helephant", But i brought Friends. I went into it and we beat all the enimies except the But Ervin (The Boar). Then we all were defeated because he used Leviathan nearly every turn. So, then i went back in and so did my other Teammates. I somehow went in alone (but that is not my point). I had to buy Three Life Henchmen to keep me alive. But my point is we almost had him killed when we were defeated and when i came back he had full health. I think that if you hurt a boss a lot then come back, He should have the same stats as he did when I left. I really think this should be taken into consideration for people who go in alone too. I mean i understand that you are suppose to go in with a full group but this is still unfair in a way. I mean if you think about it, it is kinda right. Open to All Comments...

i am sorry but how would ki keep up with all that data i mean everytime on every dungeon they would have to keep track of every amount of life that the boss takes and well you can heal before you go back in so why cant he?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
i understand where your getting at
but lets say they do that
you go in the first time and do alot of damage to the boss
he has about 5 inches of health left and then he defeats you
you go back in the second time and he still has about 5 inches of health left
would seem kind of easy right?
and also kind of unfair for the boss
speaking if they were actual people

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
kevke67 wrote:
...But my point is we almost had him killed when we were defeated and when i came back he had full health. I think that if you hurt a boss a lot then come back, He should have the same stats as he did when I left. I really think this should be taken into consideration for people who go in alone too. I mean i understand that you are suppose to go in with a full group but this is still unfair in a way. I mean if you think about it, it is kinda right. Open to All Comments...

Well, you contradict yourself by saying you understand that you are suppossed to go in with a full group, and then say it should be considered for people want to go it alone.

If the dungeon maintaining health status of mobs after you die were part of the game mechanic, than conceivably you could solo every dungeon in the game. Do some damage, flee, re-enter and do some more damage, etc ad nauseum. What fun would that be, if there was no challenge?

Heck, just give every class a super insane bolt that doesn't do either 1,000 damage to the mob or 10,000 to the caster, but just 10,000 to the mob. While you are at it, make it 100% accurate, and add a built-in supercharge. While you are at it, make every quest give 250,000 XP so you can get to level 60 in a day.

Instead of thinking along those lines, maybe just accept the challenges for what they are and change your strategy, to actually engage in how the game is designed. If leviathan was your stumbling block, then try including a myth with your team to shatter off Ervin's shields and take him out first so you don't have a leviathan problem.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Well I mean, When you say you wanna leave it says That if you leave or log out for more then a half hour that the progress will be reset, so meaning that if you flee (leaving) for one minute that the progress should be the same as you left, or, it should have the same health.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
HooVooLoo wrote:
kevke67 wrote:
...But my point is we almost had him killed when we were defeated and when i came back he had full health. I think that if you hurt a boss a lot then come back, He should have the same stats as he did when I left. I really think this should be taken into consideration for people who go in alone too. I mean i understand that you are suppose to go in with a full group but this is still unfair in a way. I mean if you think about it, it is kinda right. Open to All Comments...

Well, you contradict yourself by saying you understand that you are suppossed to go in with a full group, and then say it should be considered for people want to go it alone.

If the dungeon maintaining health status of mobs after you die were part of the game mechanic, than conceivably you could solo every dungeon in the game. Do some damage, flee, re-enter and do some more damage, etc ad nauseum. What fun would that be, if there was no challenge?

Heck, just give every class a super insane bolt that doesn't do either 1,000 damage to the mob or 10,000 to the caster, but just 10,000 to the mob. While you are at it, make it 100% accurate, and add a built-in supercharge. While you are at it, make every quest give 250,000 XP so you can get to level 60 in a day.

Instead of thinking along those lines, maybe just accept the challenges for what they are and change your strategy, to actually engage in how the game is designed. If leviathan was your stumbling block, then try including a myth with your team to shatter off Ervin's shields and take him out first so you don't have a leviathan problem.

1 min level 60? No challenge at all, would mean Wizard101 would have only 1,000 players, and the story wouldn't be right. All you need is a storm and myth wizard, to dispel and attack, a ice wizard for shields and dispel when you get to Lyon, and a life wizard for healing. You could also try and swap the combination to see what works best.