Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blades

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2019
Hello, I see people who have two of the same school blades and use it with a spell from the school and they are able to use both blades. However, when I do this with my blades, i'm Balance, it doesn't work. I use two balance blades, and put down(for example) Sandstorm, it only uses one blades. Do I have to be a certain level to do this, does it work for certain cards from the school or something, or does it not work for Balance? If anyone has any information please tell me, thank you.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
xxina on Nov 10, 2019 wrote:
Hello, I see people who have two of the same school blades and use it with a spell from the school and they are able to use both blades. However, when I do this with my blades, i'm Balance, it doesn't work. I use two balance blades, and put down(for example) Sandstorm, it only uses one blades. Do I have to be a certain level to do this, does it work for certain cards from the school or something, or does it not work for Balance? If anyone has any information please tell me, thank you.
Welcome, Xxina!

What you saw was an example of "Blade Stacking." The wizard you saw used two different varieties of the same card. For example, if you used an Item Card Balanceblade and a regular Balanceblade, they will both apply for a spell. Blade Stacking works with regular spells, Item Card spells, and spells enchanted with Sharpened Blade. I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome To The Forums & The Game!

Now, the reason why both of your blades did not break when using your attack is because you used the exact same variant of the blade.

Meaning, it was the same version, basic Balance Blade.

For others, they most likely used two different variants of the blade which stacks, hence both adding to their attack.

Now, to achieve this, you can't solely use your basic balance blades, you will need additional alternatives/variants.
Some of these variants includes:

Using Treasure Cards (Balance Blade Treasures stack)
Using Dragonblade (+30% Balance blade usually granted by pets)
Using pet cards giving the blade.
Using the sun spell sharpened blade which adds +10% to your regular balance blade.

Those, above are just a few of the common ones. There are a few more such as using jewels granting the blade which again can stack contributing to your overall hit.

At low levels, this isn't of major concern as your regular technique should be fine for now.

As your progress though, these options above will have to be explored.

I also caution you not to waste your treasure card variants of balance blades as these are rare and hence, not easily obtained.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2019
im balance school and im trying to figure the three blades for balance. Correct me if im incorrect. First blade is the one you get from the school. second is the 30+ damage blade, which you get that from pets, or accessories i think, and third, the blue 25+ damage blade which you get from pet or accessories i think as well.