Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bigger Decks!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Really, I'm stuck removing spells just to add some good ones. KI, you need to add more deck space, make a scroll bar, I don't care, just add more deck space please! We have to put in damage enchantments, healing enchantments, heals, blades, shields, debuffs, attacks, minions, global spells, infections, dispels, and some other manipulation spells. I'm not kidding, I have like 2-3 versions of 4 or 5 attacks because my deck space is too small, and I have to add in Entangles, Satyrs, Pixies, Sprites, Colossals, Gargantuans, Weaknesses, Elemental and Spiritual Shields, Tower Shields, Infections, and more, not to mention putting some additional spells to the sideboard that you need, just making your deck a complete mess. Can you please add more deck space? I have no care of decks giving health or heal boost, all I want is more space. Thanks!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Ok have you purchased new decks yet. There are decks that hold 60+ cards with 8 cards of one type.

Also you must utilize deck space if you can. You definately dont need all your spells in your deck.
Thin it out and test it.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Sooner or later you will realize that you only use a few spells in fights, and that the rest are just special circumstance spells. Shrink your deck down to a few attack spells, a few blades of different varieties, a few traps, and a couple of heals. If you feel you need shields, add like two. Then go train reshuffle and add that spell to your deck. Those special circumstance cards that you use rarely, get the treasure card ones and load them into your deck that way.

This is what I do at least. When I used a huge deck, I'd be throwing out so many cards each turn that it was just a waste. Even with a smaller deck I still throw out spells. I'd shrink my deck further, but being a death wizard requires a lot more trap and blade use than one might say a storm wizard would use. If you are a storm wizard, you can pretty much shrink your deck down to 12 or more cards easily without many problems.

The less cards in your deck, the less time you waste searching for the card you need.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
My deck has a space of 64 spells, and if you're an Overlord doing pvp, you'll realize that you'll need all the spells you can get, even if you use Reshuffle.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Seriously man you dont need that many spells in your deck. But you play however you want to but a word of advice is "thin down your deck" And test it till its right.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I have thinned it MANY, MANY, MAANY times, but it's still not enough. A Balance wizard needs more then you think, it's not just a PvE match, it's with PvP. I'll tell you what spells I use: Pixie, Satyr, Sprite, Availing Hands, Elemental Shield, Spirit Shield, Tower Shield, Volcanic Shield, Legend Shield, Weakness, Infection, Entangle, Unbalance, Elemental Defuse, Spiritual Defuse, Helpful Mander, Power Play, Cloak, Gargantuan, Colossal, Spectral Blast, Hydra, Judgement, Mana Burn, Supernova, Scorpion, Sandstorm, Balanceblade, Sanctuary, Vaporize, Reshuffle, Conviction, and Infallible. That's more then 30 spells, and if putting one kind of each in a PvP match is okay to you, try doing rank 1200+ in a 1v1. Those aren't even all of my spells, here are some other ones: Guardian Spirit, 130 damage Life wands, and Storm Beetles. Trust me, we need more deck space. Half or more then half of these spells are removed from my main PvP deck.

In PvE, of course my deck is small: Colossal, Sandstorm Satyr, and Reshuffle. Sometimes more if the enemies look like they have good health. But, no, you can't "thin" your deck in PvP unless you want to get crushed.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
Yea with the new spells we definitely need more deck spaces.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
No offense but i cant seem to understand how you made it that far in pvp with that deck. I have 7 spells in my pvp deck, Multiples of course but still.

Your cards;
Pixie, Satyr, Sprite, Availing Hands, Elemental Shield, Spirit Shield, Tower Shield, Volcanic Shield, Legend Shield, Weakness, Infection, Entangle, Unbalance, Elemental Defuse, Spiritual Defuse, Helpful Mander, Power Play, Cloak, Gargantuan, Colossal, Spectral Blast, Hydra, Judgement, Mana Burn, Supernova, Scorpion, Sandstorm, Balanceblade, Sanctuary, Vaporize, Reshuffle, Conviction, and Infallible

The ones underlined i have never even seen used in pvp and have no clue why you would take the time to use them. I dont know who you are pvping with but their deck must be set up the same as yours. All you truely need is cards to keep you safe till you are able to crash with a power hit, Which should not take more than 3 rounds. Rinse and repeat.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Granted I don't PVP, I do solo a lot. I stop using anything above level 35 deck for my wizards school. It allows me enough copies for all the spells I would need in any given fight.

I do load in Treasures and adjust them as needed. I do not shield unless the fight requires it to get though it and there are only about 3 battles in the game that do so far - I have not and probably will never quest in the new world that just came out so this is up to the end of Avalon I do this.

As I quest if I win another deck I use that as my spare to fill in for special fights such as, in Avalon the last 3 fights I set up a boss deck and a mob deck because the cheats in the boss made it more practical to just switch decks rather then use one and adjust it in between.

In the end it is preference to how you like this set up and how your fight style is - I am hit and run type of wizard. I just know that since mid Mooshu I started to scale my deck down on my first wizard and it seemed to make battles much easier. I usually run with 15 spells for regular mobs and 20 for larger boss fight - max.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
No offense but i cant seem to understand how you made it that far in pvp with that deck. I have 7 spells in my pvp deck, Multiples of course but still.

Your cards;
Pixie, Satyr, Sprite, Availing Hands, Elemental Shield, Spirit Shield, Tower Shield, Volcanic Shield, Legend Shield, Weakness, Infection, Entangle, Unbalance, Elemental Defuse, Spiritual Defuse, Helpful Mander, Power Play, Cloak, Gargantuan, Colossal, Spectral Blast, Hydra, Judgement, Mana Burn, Supernova, Scorpion, Sandstorm, Balanceblade, Sanctuary, Vaporize, Reshuffle, Conviction, and Infallible

The ones underlined i have never even seen used in pvp and have no clue why you would take the time to use them. I dont know who you are pvping with but their deck must be set up the same as yours. All you truely need is cards to keep you safe till you are able to crash with a power hit, Which should not take more than 3 rounds. Rinse and repeat.
I have multiples in my deck as well, and no offense, but that deck would be horrible. Really, no Infections, no dispels, no cloaks, only one attack, no spell to shake off Doom, no spell to shake off Infections, no spell to even help me get around 1 dispel. I'm sorry, but how often do you do pvp? If you do it a lot, then what rank are you? Lol, no Warlord would ever think of not using their minion, whether it be Golem Minion or Talos, at schools but Storm have amazing minions in pvp.

Also, Sandstorm, I would take that spell out why? Mana Burn? Elemental and spirit Shield? Legend Shield, Volcanic Shield, Unbalance, Elemental and Spiritual Defuse, Cloak, Spectral Blast, Scorpion, why would I EVER take those spells out of my deck? Tell me one reason why this would help me in pvp, really. Sanctuary is a spell I decide to use if I have no shields up or in hand and I'm sure to die that round, so I'd use Sanctuary to revive extra by Guardian Spirit, then I'd use an Infection and change the bubble to either a Power Play or Doom and Gloom, depending on the situation, but I always keep cloaked spells on my opponent, that's not an option in Overlord pvp. Also, with that deck, you're expecting all of my opponents to sit around like puppets and never heal. Only attack? Having one kind of attack spell in your deck is horrible, I would have to use a limited amount of boosts, save up pips, and then finally use it. I'm not going to waste a bunch of gold on 50 Shatter treasure cards for only 15 matches. Also, I have a Life Mastery amulet, so Shatter to me is occasional. Here are spells that good Warlords would NEVER leave out of their deck:
If they had this, they would put in a Sprite. The 70% shields are obviously useful, and same as Elemental and Spirit shields, you can't expect to survive by only a Tower Shield. Also, why would you EVER take out manipulation spells? Helpful Mander is the best Balance spell of defense, taking it out of your deck would be like saying "Hey, I'm going to keep on defending and never expect a Shatter on me and I have no minion to back that up!"

I like my deck how it is, and yes, I have shortened it before I even made this thread, but I still think that bigger deck space is needed, we have more spells then the number that our deck gives us! I don't need any tips on deck setup, because I can manage my own, and "thinning a deck" is insane in pvp, you'll be hanging under Knight forever. I can understand why it's easy to do that in PvE, the enemies are weak, but in PvP, no, making your deck as thin as possible isn't a good idea, no offense.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:

Your cards;

If you don't use these in pvp you must have serious problems o_O How can you not use infection, entangle, and those other spells! Well anyhow, I like to start off with a smaller deck. But I do agree with all the spells we're getting, it would be nice to get a bigger deck...

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
joujou11cool please let me know next time you pvp because i need to watch you in the tournament. Im not poking fun i just want to see how you use that deck and who your dueling to need those additional cards.

Mack my opponents can heal as much as they want to so i dont use infection because if they want to take the time to heal ill have their health even lower the next round. My pips are at 106% so every other round i crush with a 1500-1900 meteor or brimstone or set up for the 4th turn efreet for 8000 damage. I base my strategy on super damage really fast. I wear the one in a million tag with pride

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Hey just cause you have the million tag doesnt mean you know all there is on damage but i have grouped with you and know you hold your own better than most in the game. Some peeps just use different strategies than others.
I will agree that the OP's deck sounds a bit odd for a PvP deck or any other in that case. My decks are usually smaller as well. And half or more of the OP's deck is merely clutter which takes away chances to get the cards that are truely needed.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Fire i was not insinuating that i am the be all end all of damage. Just saying i can dish it out pretty good and pretty fast so i dont care if my opponents heal.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
fireproof1111 on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Hey just cause you have the million tag doesnt mean you know all there is on damage but i have grouped with you and know you hold your own better than most in the game. Some peeps just use different strategies than others.
I will agree that the OP's deck sounds a bit odd for a PvP deck or any other in that case. My decks are usually smaller as well. And half or more of the OP's deck is merely clutter which takes away chances to get the cards that are truely needed.
I don't put all of those spells in one deck, trust me, but if you actually did rank 1300+ pvp, you would know that having 20 or less spells is useless. Here are my reasons:

Imagine facing as Death, that when your health goes low, he Dooms. What am I going to do, stand there and not change the bubble? No, since both of us have high power pip chance, using Power Play would have nothing against me. Since everyone uses Doom at my pvp rank, I need to keep those 2 bubbles in to survive. Okay, I know, a lot of my spells are dispels, and that's for a good reason. I use Cloak to hide what I'm using, and, sometimes, if I don't have the right shield in time, which never really happens too much, I'd Cloak the useless shield to buy me some time.

Even though my deck is big, I can use just about any spell at any time, trust me. I have reason for EVERY spell currently in my deck, but for it to be perfect, we need more deck space. 14 of 64 spells are enchantments, come on, you have to agree that that's insane. Maybe 14 more spells to owe up to it would be good, because I'm sick of having to limit myself so much.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
PvP King on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
I don't put all of those spells in one deck, trust me, but if you actually did rank 1300+ pvp, you would know that having 20 or less spells is useless. Here are my reasons:

Imagine facing as Death, that when your health goes low, he Dooms. What am I going to do, stand there and not change the bubble? No, since both of us have high power pip chance, using Power Play would have nothing against me. Since everyone uses Doom at my pvp rank, I need to keep those 2 bubbles in to survive. Okay, I know, a lot of my spells are dispels, and that's for a good reason. I use Cloak to hide what I'm using, and, sometimes, if I don't have the right shield in time, which never really happens too much, I'd Cloak the useless shield to buy me some time.

Even though my deck is big, I can use just about any spell at any time, trust me. I have reason for EVERY spell currently in my deck, but for it to be perfect, we need more deck space. 14 of 64 spells are enchantments, come on, you have to agree that that's insane. Maybe 14 more spells to owe up to it would be good, because I'm sick of having to limit myself so much.
stand there and not change the bubble? -------- Yes
Power Play would have nothing against me --------------- You should always have over 100% pips anyway.
I need to keep those 2 bubbles in to survive. -----------Why?
I use Cloak to hide what I'm using,---------Do you think cloak will stop an opponent from casting. Cloak=Novelty
I can use just about any spell at any time------ Not unless you discard continuously, Then wait to reshuffle every few rounds.
14 of 64 spells are enchantments------ Bit of overkill but ok.

Please let me know you pvp schedule jou. I have never seen some of the cards you use played. Plus it would be fun to watch a 1300+ match.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
stand there and not change the bubble? -------- Yes
Power Play would have nothing against me --------------- You should always have over 100% pips anyway.
I need to keep those 2 bubbles in to survive. -----------Why?
I use Cloak to hide what I'm using,---------Do you think cloak will stop an opponent from casting. Cloak=Novelty
I can use just about any spell at any time------ Not unless you discard continuously, Then wait to reshuffle every few rounds.
14 of 64 spells are enchantments------ Bit of overkill but ok.

Please let me know you pvp schedule jou. I have never seen some of the cards you use played. Plus it would be fun to watch a 1300+ match.
The thing is, I'm not giving up block rating or heal boost for perfect power pip chance. Power Play, which I know I'm the only one who uses this, can throw people off. I'd use Power Play to change a bubble, well, actually, only to shake off Doom and Gloom, which every Overlord uses now.

Cloak is the master of throwing people off, it hides what type of spell I'm using, whether it be a Weakness, an Infection, or a dispel. This spell really buys me some time, and I'm sure that anyone that gets hit by this spell or uses this spell, can agree that this spell is a key spell.

As I said earlier, I have multiple decks. The one I use in my current gear is great, but I can't fit a lot of spells in it. Right now, I have a fair amount of attacks in my deck, but more defenses, dispels, and heals. The problem is, right now, is that KI doesn't give us a wide enough deck space to fit in enough attacks, which causes us to repeat Reshuffles. I don't often HAVE to discard, because my spell combos come into play very well. You won't notice how much you need healing until you actually notice your health dropping low, and when people usually try to heal, they're dispel drowned.

Thing is, this isn't the case with the Overlords I face. They dispel back, use Sprite to see if their debuff Isa dispel or Infection, and, this gets very, and I mean by VERY annoying: Their pets spam heals sometimes, often at the start of a match, which can remove dispels and Infections, but there's a reason I stack them up. A lot of people have high critical rating, thanks to their crafted gear, so I have to use the Armored Boots of Avalon to fix that, which drops so many of my stats. I need all the spells I use, even if they seem useless to other people, they start destroying them. We need bigger decks, because my strategy and deck capacity ARE NOT the best of friends, and this is happening to a lot of other people in the spiral. Instead, KI gives us health with our decks, but we need space.

To reply to your last sentence, my mouse broke. (Don't let rabbits run around the house, they like chewing on wires).

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
I think we're missing the point here - bigger decks! I want them. lol

I can solo bosses in Avalon (just finished that ice wyrm in the wild), so I think I'm doing something right. And I keep my decks full. 5 decks total, 4 are full, and the last one is for farming low level bosses for gold/seeds/tc's. And no reshuffle.

I see a lot of one-hit wonders, especially in pvp. Like 10 cards and 1 reshuffle. One strategy, no real ability. It's usually just two people using the same strategy and hoping that their character gets to go first. lol

As a level 78 myth, I have a ton of different options for play style and stratagems. I would appreciate larger decks - not in terms of like "7 myth spells, 6 others" but the actual full deck capacity - 64. I'd like 72, then 80. lol

Also, I'd like combination decks. Maybe we can craft them ourselves, but have it be like that gear that gives bonuses to 2 schools, like fire and ice. A deck that allows 7 myth, 7 fire, and 6 "others" would be great, too. :D

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
joujou11cool i have to ask what level are you because im thinking you must be at a lower level to need the deck space. Are you under level 30?
And if so i think i understand with the cards you have access to that you feel you need a larger deck.
Most of the level 80+ PvP decks ive seen arent as large as yours and that might be why some people are trying to figure this out.