Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better results from long fights?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
A couple of times recently I've been in a fight and one of the other players has suggested that we all fight defensively, using just shields and healing for as long as possible. They say that by doing this we will get more experience and treasure.

Is there any basis for this?

If it is true I have two thoughts.

(1) Playing in this style at the Kraken is anti-social, because there is almost always a queue of players waiting to get into this fight and many of them need to beat it to progress in the sotry.

(2) IMO it's a design flaw. Players should not be encouraged to make fights boring.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
MadLogician wrote:
A couple of times recently I've been in a fight and one of the other players has suggested that we all fight defensively, using just shields and healing for as long as possible. They say that by doing this we will get more experience and treasure. Is there any basis for this? If it is true I have two thoughts. (1) Playing in this style at the Kraken is anti-social, because there is almost always a queue of players waiting to get into this fight and many of them need to beat it to progress in the sotry. (2) IMO it's a design flaw. Players should not be encouraged to make fights boring.
i believe this is the case, but it's intended as a higher reward for having to deal with a long and difficult battle, so as such it's not a design flaw. but i agree that constantly hogging something like a spot against kracken is really quite annoying and rude. there will always be those selfish people, but the system does make sense. -elijah darkthorn, grandmaster myth (and crew)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MadLogician wrote:
A couple of times recently I've been in a fight and one of the other players has suggested that we all fight defensively, using just shields and healing for as long as possible. They say that by doing this we will get more experience and treasure.

Is there any basis for this?

If it is true I have two thoughts.

(1) Playing in this style at the Kraken is anti-social, because there is almost always a queue of players waiting to get into this fight and many of them need to beat it to progress in the sotry.

(2) IMO it's a design flaw. Players should not be encouraged to make fights boring.

You don't get more treasure, but you do get more experience. However, it is not the length of the fight, it is dependent on the amount of cards you play during the match. The more cards you use in a match yields higher experience. Just passing each turn, will be a lower experience value. Defensive cards usually keep the enemies alive longer, in order to keep using more cards. While this is a decent strategy in Unicorn Way, doing this in the rest of Wizard 101 is pointless, since you could have done several quests worth hundreds or thousands of experience in the time you took for a very long battle.

For more treasure, you need to include more enemies in the fight.