Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best way to get gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2016
What is the best way to get gear without using crowns? Boss drops? Crafting? Quests? I'm a lower level now (32 storm) and my gear needs an upgrade badly.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Keep buying crowns for your wizard until your credit card is dust.
Then buy every cool looking mount and hat you can find for your virtual wizard.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
The bazaar is great at this level, as is Aquila if you can get a good group. Aquila offers nice wands with power points at the start of a fight.

In the bazaar, sell every item you are not currently using, plus unwanted snacks, housing items, and treasure cards (reagents may be sold, but I tend to keep mine for crafting). As a Storm wizard, you tend to hurt for Accuracy, so load up on new gear that will boost this.

At much higher levels, there is some decent crafted gear. In general, though, the best stuff is dropped from Aquila (level 30), Waterworks (level 60), or Darkmoor (level 90).

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Reckless6000 on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
Keep buying crowns for your wizard until your credit card is dust.
Then buy every cool looking mount and hat you can find for your virtual wizard.
I'm actually kind of confused how this was allowed to be posted. Do not listen to him because this is a 100% troll post. Farm mount olympus for the senator or zeus gear and use the sky iron hasta. For pets a good one could triple damage double resist.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Liam Wyrmhammer on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
The bazaar is great at this level, as is Aquila if you can get a good group. Aquila offers nice wands with power points at the start of a fight.

In the bazaar, sell every item you are not currently using, plus unwanted snacks, housing items, and treasure cards (reagents may be sold, but I tend to keep mine for crafting). As a Storm wizard, you tend to hurt for Accuracy, so load up on new gear that will boost this.

At much higher levels, there is some decent crafted gear. In general, though, the best stuff is dropped from Aquila (level 30), Waterworks (level 60), or Darkmoor (level 90).
Tartarus is level 90, Darkmoor is level 100.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
frostednutella on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
I'm actually kind of confused how this was allowed to be posted. Do not listen to him because this is a 100% troll post. Farm mount olympus for the senator or zeus gear and use the sky iron hasta. For pets a good one could triple damage double resist.
the Bazaar

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
frostednutella on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
Not a troll, my dude.
You gotta spend some cash on crowns/membership to get the good items.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Reckless6000 on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
Not a troll, my dude.
Crown gear isn't even close to being the best gear in the game at any level except the lowest ones. Dropped gear is the best available.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Reckless6000 on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
Not a troll, my dude.
No you don't. You need to understand gear a little more. You can get perfectly good gear by farming bosses. Boss gear is better than crown gear.